• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

R0Y

Smash Master
Gonna 100 percent DK64 this time. Best Donkey Kong game

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Running through Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Fable 2, and Dark Souls 2 at the same time?

Sure, I didn't need free time anyway.

R0Y

Smash Master
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, gonna beat it this time, started it so many times.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I recently picked up Silent Hill 1 for the first time, aside from an hour of Silent Hill 2 (it was a used copy and the disk keep freezing about an hour in) it's the fist Silent Hill game I've ever really played.

It's not really scary so far, but I only just got to the elementary school so we'll see. Exploring the town, solving puzzles and dodging those ****ing pterodactyls is quite fun though.

Twewy

Smash Lord
It's not really scary so far, but I only just got to the elementary school so we'll see. Exploring the town, solving puzzles and dodging those ****ing pterodactyls is quite fun though.
I still think it is hilarious the elementary school is almost the same one from Kindergarten Cop.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
On the Xbox 360 I'm playing Black Ops 2 and SoulCalibur V. Then on the Wii I splitting my time between New Super Mario Bros. U and Luigi U which came bundled with my console. I suck at platformers so I'm only playing these two games until Mario Kart 8 is released.

finalark

SNORLAX
SoulCalibur V.
This game will forever be known to me as the game that leveled the playing field between my friends and myself in Soul Calibur. You see, in S1-4 I was boss as **** at guard impact leaving me the undefeated champion for years.

Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked Namco decided to change guard impact into this weird counter thing. With that so-called "broken" mechanic gone, suddenly I found myself having a much harder time against my friends. And now whenever I got back to SC1-4 I can't guard impact to save my life.

D

Deleted member

SoulCalibur V
That's one game I've been on the fence about since its release.

I recently started playing Project M, which will probably be the only Smash Bros. game I'll play until I get my hands on Smash 4. I like having access to Brawl's character roster (plus Roy and Mewtwo) while playing with Melee's speed, physics, and mechanics. I also appreciate certain changes to the characters, such as Toon Link having Smash 64 Link's side smash attack and air Up + B alongside Melee Young Link's fire arrows.

I'm also working on beating Xenoblade Chronicles. My characters are at level 75 in case you're wondering.

I also started playing Devil May Cry 2 for the first time. I got into the series by playing the HD collection, so I played DMC1 and then skipped to DMC3: Special Edition. DMC2 feels like a step back from DMC1 because of how clunky the combat feels. The game is also very easy.

finalark

SNORLAX
I also started playing Devil May Cry 2 for the first time. I got into the series by playing the HD collection, so I played DMC1 and then skipped to DMC3: Special Edition. DMC2 feels like a step back from DMC1 because of how clunky the combat feels. The game is also very easy.
I actually think that DMC2 is a horribly underrated game. Like, it's not as good at the third game and it's not as fast as the first but it has more polish in some places, is better presented and has better controls IMO.

I think most people just ***** that they made Dante into a stereotypical "dark, brooding anti-hero" (which was a pretty big thing in the 2000s actually). IMO the game itself isn't bad.

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
I'm currently making my way through Pokemon Emerald's post-game. For the first time, I did all the grinding necessary to beat the Elite 4 without Rayquaza. (I still wasted my master ball on him though) Recently I tried to do the cloning glitch and lost my precious Gardevoir. :cry:

D

Deleted member

I actually think that DMC2 is a horribly underrated game. Like, it's not as good at the third game and it's not as fast as the first but it has more polish in some places, is better presented and has better controls IMO.

I think most people just ***** that they made Dante into a stereotypical "dark, brooding anti-hero" (which was a pretty big thing in the 2000s actually). IMO the game itself isn't bad.
From what I've played so far, it is not as bad as most people make it out to be. It does have its merits, and I've played worse games.

finalark

SNORLAX
I decided to hop back on World of Warcraft, addicted and proud of it
I used to be super addicted to WoW, but after playing it for ten years I'm kinda done with the game at this point. These days I play FFXIV.

So when you get down to it, I've only traded one dark master for another.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I probably won't play but for a couple months, that's usually what I do. Play for a couple months, quit, pick it back up a year or two later. Now that I'm getting some money it's better since I know I have money to pay for it. Props to you for being able to play for 10 years, sometimes I can't even do a few months even with the addiction

Twewy

Smash Lord
I started playing WoW in September and stopped for a bit in January. Should probably get more time soon...

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
It's really immersive to me, but that may just be because I'm simple minded. I really like warriors and paladins and the differences and the stories, it's all so good.

finalark

SNORLAX
WoW is actually a pretty well made game, otherwise I wouldn't have gone back to it on and off so for so long. I actually really liked Pandaria, but I just hit the point where I'm kinda done with the whole game. Honestly, Warlords doesn't really entice me at all.

I was never really as addicted to WoW as other folks were, I used to just hit cap at every expansion and then call it quits, but I was into raiding back in Wrath for a while but kinda lost interesting in the whole raiding scene during Cata and then in Pandas I pretty much got to cap, ran heroics for a bit and then stopped.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I could never do raids, I just didn't like the people. I wasn't a perfect tank so they kicked me out, you guys really do encourage people to try these modes with that kind of attitude. I really liked dungeons and PVP even though I was poop at PVP. My favorite class was the warrior, but I'd say that hands down the all around best class was the paladin

finalark

SNORLAX
I could never do raids, I just didn't like the people. I wasn't a perfect tank so they kicked me out
That's pretty much why I quit raiding. It really really demanding and some people got some pretty awful elitist attitudes about it. It just got to the point where raiding just wasn't fun anymore.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
It really wasn't, I tried once and when I got kicked out I was done with the raid finder. I just gathered some nicer strangers and did it myself. That really can scare people away easily

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You need an account to check out this link : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65124.0

Above is the link to "The 2014 Gaming Challenge" that I happen to be apart of. Objective is to beat at least 15 games in one year. This is the first time I actually might do that, as I happen to drop games often, which I really hate that I do. Anyway, this year I've beaten:

- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Pokemon Soul Silver
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- K-On! Houkago Live!! HD
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- Rhythm Thief
- IdolM@ster 2

I am currently working on Hyperdimension Neptunia. This is the first legit JRPG that I'm determined to beat, as I usually drop them once they get to hard, and I don't feel like grinding.

Right now, I have Neptune at level 21, IF at level 20, and Compa at level 19.

finalark

SNORLAX
No I already played through those. Both on normal mode. Really fun games. Compared to Awakening they are much, much better.
I guess I'm the only one who really likes Awakening.

Then again, I'm a casual FE fan (hell, I consider the first FE released internationally to be the first game), so what do I know?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I guess I'm the only one who really likes Awakening.

Then again, I'm a casual FE fan (hell, I consider the first FE released internationally to be the first game), so what do I know?
The story in Awakening was stupid and it was no challenge on hard mode, you can almost solo with the Avatar + Chrom.

Am I the only one that didn't like this game? I bought it on impulse and thought it'd be good.

And then the gyro controls came in.
Gyro controls ruin the game. I liked the rest of it a lot.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I'm usually all for Nintendo's innovation, I like their originality on trying to change things, as long as they don't make it mandatory. Things like Skyward sword's new motionplus sword controls, gyros on OOT 3s and StarFox 3d making it where you move the 3DS like you're moving the bow or steering the Arwing, as long as it's an option. I'm glad they're semi returning to the controller though

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Rhythm Thief was Sega's doing. Either way I see what you mean.

I've been playing some Team Fortress 2 lately, tempted to find a UGC team when I have more free time for it.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Second play-through of Pokemon Y. I used the poke transporter and transfered my 300 or so collection of mons I've collected and compiled over the last few years.

My favorite change made this game is probably the throw-back sound effects, in particular, hyper beam and psychic. So nostalgia.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Now playing:

F-Zero GX
F-Zero X
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Mother 3

I beat Kirby Triple Deluxe, but I might still play it some more in the extra modes.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Now playing:

F-Zero GX
F-Zero X
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Mother 3

I beat Kirby Triple Deluxe, but I might still play it some more in the extra modes.
The F-Zero games on the N64 and GameCube never get old. X and GX are quite different from each other but I still love them both.

When I got my Wii U a couple of weeks ago I put away my original Wii thus I'm now back to playing my N64 games on the original hardware. Lately I've been playing Mario Golf 64 whenever I'm not playing Black Ops 2 on my Xbox 360.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Kid Icarus:Uprising

Controls take a bit of time to get used to, but it's nothing too difficult

On Chapter 21.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Fire Emblem Awakening Playthrough #4!!! Or 5. I lost count.
Edit: Forgot Earthbound, Infamous Second Son, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm actually playing Human Revolution myself. Got to China and I'm looking for that Dutch dude.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube: X-Men Legends, replaying, inspired by recently seeing Days of Future Past
DS: Kirby Squeak Squad, because I haven't played a Kirby game since the original Super Star
3DS: Ocarina of Time 3D, desperately trying to find something to like about it.
Wii: Godzilla Unleashed, because I like Godzilla

Top Bottom