• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What FPS Video Game Characters Do You Want?

KIRBY MAIN

Smash Cadet
Any particular video characters from an FPS that you would want to see the most. Seems like there’s a solid chance for Doomguy, but if I I could have ANYONE....

...old school Master Chief of course!

Edit: Third Person Shooters are okay too :)

Last edited:

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
Doomguy & Master Chief are the first two choices that come to mind. Also a Team Fortress 2 character (ideally for me, Heavy) would be amazing to see.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Joanna Dark, Doomguy, Master Chief, Lara Croft, J.C. Denton (with Alex Denton Echo Fighter ayy lmao) & Adam Jensen, Commander Sheppard, Big Daddy, Issac Clarke, pretty much anyone from Resident Evil, an Overwatch rep and/or a TF2 rep (ONE ONLY EACH THOUGH. Those two series can get as bad as Fire Emblem if you go any further)...

Duke Nukem and a Fortnite character would make decent joke characters, I guess.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
354px-Heavy_taunt_laugh.png

"CHARGE ME DOKTOR"

Literally the only first person character I'd personally want despite the Heavy being my least played Team Fortress 2 class. He is however the face of the game, and that alone trumps my personal class preferences...and he's still funny, silly, threatening and combat ready.

Lara Croft is a big enough deal I'd be down with her too, but she's third person and I'm a stickler. I'm not familiar enough with Doomguy to personally want him, but I know DOOM is also a huge deal. I just don't really want Doomguy in due to the sheer hyperviolence, but I guess Bayonetta proves that doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The one and only.

(Yes I know *technically* it's a TPS but everyone calls TPSes FPSes so it's cool.)

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Although I don't play shooters much these days (mostly because I've been on a strict Smash Bros diet, ha!) I feel like Master Chief would be the best one. Sure he's a bit past his prime, but I feel like his futuristic armor and access to sci-fi lazer and plasma weapons would allow him to bypass the overly gritty aesthetic most FPS reps would bring (not that I have a problem with gritty, but I think Sakurai might) and also I really like the Energy Sword which he would possible maybe use on a couple of moves.

But really I think it would be interesting to see any FPS represented at all, it's a genre not yet represented in Smash, since Samus is not based on Prime. I bet that any FPS character would be pretty annoying to fight though, I can already imagine the storm of bullets...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Master Chief (Halo) or Heavy (TF2).

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
It really has to be Chief when you boil it down. He's the face of Microsoft, so if you value crossovers he's the best pick. Halo has been a successful IP since 2001 and has made history with some of it's gameplay and music. Chief is easily one of the most iconic characters from a modern era FPS. Plus he was made in the west instead of Japan, so he can give Diddy Kong some company.

Tokyo Cloud

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1692-5700-5908
I don't really play FPS at all much with the exception of the Resident Evil series (mostly third person shooter), an obscure Japanese indie FPS, and schmups which are a subgenre of the shooter genre.

But my choices would have to be: Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil), Leon Auric or Shalnawaz Auric (The Legend of Alfur, the obscure indie game I mentioned), and either Reimu Hakurei, Youmu Konpaku, Reisen Udongein Inaba, or Remilia Scarlet (Touhou, a kinda obscure schmup game series but I'm still adding them). Though I know characters from, at least, the latter two games won't make it anyway lol.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Honestly Tracer from Overwatch. I think a lot of OW characters would lend themselves really really well to Smash. More so than most FPS characters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't play much FPS besides eventually getting what we could eventually see is the Metroid Prime Trilogy and 4 being on the Switch but Doomslayer is one I'd like to see considering how fun he could be.

Doctor Grudge

Smash Cadet
Is Master Chief even possible? Would Microsoft do something like that?

I would go with the chick from Portal or the main character from Half-Life.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
James Bond from GoldenEye is the only non-videogame character I'd like to see in Smash.

And while I generally like third-party characters to have some history with Nintendo, I won't deny that Master Chief's inclusion would be a pretty big ****ing deal.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Doomguy is a popular choice and I'd be cool with him, but I feel James Bond and Turok deserve the spot more as they were actually important to Nintendo even if they are liceased characters.

I would also unironically love to see Duke Nukem show up.

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
Tracer because nothing would be more annoying then a character that blinks, around does tons of percent and then easily resets dmg taken with a rewind. On the other hand it could be really fun to predict rewind and hard punish with a smash attack.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Doomguy, 100%.

If Team Fortress 2 was eligible, then I'd like to see someone from that - the problem is who to pick. (the Heavy's the face of the franchise, but the Soldier's a good beginner character, and the Pyro's my personal favourite)

Pski

Smash Cadet
I think doomguy or master chief would be the most obvious choices, though I support doomguy more since he could bring in bethesda and I'd much rather have steve from minecraft representing microsoft.
I also think tracer from overwatch would be very fun to play, and I had an idea a while back where her neutral special is rewind and all her other specials are just blinks in different directions. both would have cooldowns just like overwatch.
but yeah I mainly support doomguy for an fps rep

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Joanna Dark is the only one I really know and would like. While Golden Eye 007 was great, Perfect Dark is 100% video game. I loved this game, never understood why it is usually seen as inferior to its predecessor, and the sole proximity mine from Melee without a character nor a stage drove me mad... In a perfect world where Rare is still Nintendo's, she would have been in Smash with Conker and Banjo & Kazooie for so long that we couldn't imagine the serie without her.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I can't belive I forgot Joanna.

Yeah, she's near the top of the list.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Doom Slayer for sure. I have a long history with the Halo series and in the past I would have absolutely said Master Chief, but 1. It's not what it used to be, 2. Chief isn't as strong a gaming icon as he was, and 3. Doom Slayer has such history with gaming in general that I think he deserves it more.

On the more random side, I think Genji actually works best from Overwatch even though he's not a traditional shooter character. Sylux from Metroid Prime: Hunters would be great, but who knows where he stands with the Retro Restart. Leon also makes a good deal of sense, though I've never played RE. Overall though I think Doom Slayer is most deserving of the spot.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
While I have nostalgia for Halo and would love to see Master Chief because of it, there's no doubt that the best choice is Doomguy/the Doom Slayer.
Honestly Tracer from Overwatch. I think a lot of OW characters would lend themselves really really well to Smash. More so than most FPS characters
She brings Loot Boxes to the game to get different skins and costumes.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Doomguy, anyone from Valve like Chell or Gordon Freeman or a TF2 class, Master Chief, maybe Tracer.

Top Bottom