• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What first parties should be in Smash?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Dixie Kong and classic Ganon are my two most wanted. I'd also like Paper Mario, Donkey Kong Jr., Medusa, and a fully-evolved Grass-type starter Pokemon (preferably Sceptile).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Out of the characters that aren't Assists, Dixie Kong and maybe Sylux, since they each could have a cool gimmick or two in their movesets.

Including Assists, Isaac and Spring Man would be my choices. I got most of the first party characters I'd want with Ridley and Dark Samus in Ultimate.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
First parties that should be in Smash? Dixie Kong, a Rhythm Heaven rep (I don't personally care who honestly), Bandana Waddle Dee, Waluigi, Rex and/or Elma, a new Zelda rep that isn't Link/Zelda/Ganon. Given enough time and depending on if the series gets continued support I'd include Springman here as well.

Who else would I like to see? Isaac, Captain Syrup, Ashley, Andy, Takamaru

There are a number that I'd like to see more from the second list, but as much as it pains me to admit it I do get why a character like Isaac wasn't included at this point. Should is a strong word to be honest. Dixie not being in on the other hand legitimately baffles me.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
These are my personal choices:

-Tetra
-Balloon Fighter
-Lanky Kong
-Dixie Kong
-Kamek
-Captain Toad
-Eggplant Wizard
-Wart
-Urban Champion
-Stanley the Bugman
-Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
-Mach Rider
-King Hippo
-Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)
-Hawk (Pilotwings 64)
-Karate Joe
-Chibi Robo
-Springman

If this were about 2nd party characters too then I’d have picked Ninten/Flint and Meowth.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Andy from ADVANCE WARS aka the series that actually brought Fire Emblem to the west.
^ This X100. Andy is long overdue for Smash since Brawl.

Aside from that, Isaac is really my only other 1st party want. Mike Jones would be cool as well.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Big main series icons that are still missing:

Missing icons.png

Toad or Captain Toad(but not both): Most well recognised character left from Nintendo, has starred in at least six games: Wario's Woods NES, Wario's Woods SNES, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker and it's two ports to Switch and 3DS and the Japan exclusive Satella-Q, used extensively by Nintendo as a mascot character. Is the only character used heavily in adverts for Nintendo products that has yet to make the leap to playable in Smash. Once made it into Japan's top 100 video games of all time at number 8. The second most popular Mario Kart character after Yoshi. His resume is pretty impressive.
Toadette: Rising star. Between starring roles in Mario Maker 2, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, her playable roles are more impressive than any other female Mario character outside Peach.
Waluigi: Say what you will about him, but Waluigi IS popular and people want him in Smash.
Paper Mario: Heads his own successful franchise. A more impressive and unique Mario than Doctor.
Dixie Kong: The tritagonist of the Donkey Kong series. Had her own starring game. Recent success with Tropical Freeze
Cranky Kong: Between being the original DK, a new starring role in Tropical Freeze and even Cranky Rabbid, Cranky's got a decent resume.
Skull Kid: The most iconic Zelda antagonist after Ganon/dorf. The Majora's mask has become a staple in pop culture regarding Zelda.
Tingle: Love him or hate him, Tingle has his own games and is the most reoccurring character in the franchise outside the triforce trio, Impa and maybe Epona.
Impa: This one's more personal, but I feel Impa's roles within Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors made her a pretty good choice for Zelda.
(Honestly though you could include Midna or Tetra instead since they're also huge characters in the Zelda series that resonated with fans)
Bandana Waddle Dee: The fourth in the Kirby cast, and Waddle Dee are INSANELY popular in Japan to the point they seem to have more merchandise than either Dedede or Metaknight.
Dark Matter: The closest thing to a true villain in Kirby I can think of.
Krystal: Fan favourite
Slippy: Starred in his own game; Star Fox Guard which was, according to some, superior to Star Fox Zero the game it came packaged with.
Lyndis: Most popular Fire Emblem character overall apart from Ike, easily the most popular female Fire Emblem character.
Meowth: Main antagonist of the super popular anime. Recently appeared in the Let's Go games
Eevee: Probably the most popular Pokemon left. Constantly used in merchandise, starred in TWO games where it was a starter; Let's Go Eevee and Pokemon XD.
Blaziken: Incredibly popular Gen 3 Pokemon. Starred in Pokken.
Tom Nook: The original Animal Crossing mascot prior to Isabelle taking over. Tom Nook was the star of the show in the original games.

Kinda neat main series extras and nicher series:
extras.png

Porky: Whilst Mother is still pretty niche, Porky connects Earthbound and Mother 3 together nicely
Medusa: Kid Icarus' main antagonist. Yeah, ***** to Hades.
Ashley: Very popular in Japan.
Midna: Very popular Zelda character(could easily be bumped up to missing icon or replace one of the Zelda cast up there)
Tetra: Very popular Zelda character(see Midna above)
Isaac: Ridiculously popular in the Smash circle, one of the few Nintendo IPs not represented as a character or stage
Saki: Less so than Isaac, but Sin and Punishment was at least notable enough to get a sequel
Chorus Kids: Rhythm Heaven's pretty big. A lot of people wanted these guys.
Chibi-Robo: Taken before his time, Chibi's adorable and his games aside from Zip Lash were beloved.
Dillon: Rolling Western was very niche but it has a decent fanbase.
Louie: Pikmin isn't super niche but Louie could offer something fresh to it with a bug based moveset
Lip: Mostly forgotten retro, replaced by Yoshi in the west, Lip's still got a vocal fanbase.
Takamaru: The defacto popular choice for a retro character
Mach Rider: The other, other popular retro choice.
Balloon Fighter: One of the most famous retro Nintendo games of all time.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Rhythm Paradise. Every other Fighters Pass character can be 3rd party for all I care, but maybe just maybe Nintendo wanted at least one darn 1st party in there, and particularly an entirely new franchise to the Smash fighters. I mean what competition does it have in that regard that already has Smash Bros attention? ARMS?

Mike Annett

Smash Rookie
Dixie Kong
Paper Mario
Black Shadow
Isaac
Impa
Krystal
Ashley
Spring Man
Porky
Dillon The Armadillo
Andy
Medusa
Waluigi
Bandana Waddle Dee
Louie

Retro picks:
Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land
Lip from Panel de Pon
Mach Rider
Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Prince Sablé from For the frog the bell tolls
Sukapon from Joy Mecha Fight
Mike Jones from Startropics

Echo Fighters:
Leon Powalski (Wolf)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
Ninten (Ness)
Wart (Bowser)
Octoling (Inkling)

Alts:
Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)
Galacta Knight (Meta Knight)
Super Punch Out Little Mac (Little Mac)
Kaptain K Rool (King K Rool)
Baron K Roolstein (King K Rool)
King Krusha K Rool (King K Rool)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo’s own characters? There are so many I would like to see in Smash.

Toad / Captain Toad
Toadette (Echo)
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Birdo
Shy Guy
Overalls Wario from Wario Land

Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.

Ganon from A Link to the Past
Skull Kid
Masked Link (Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link)
Tingle
Impa
Toon Zelda
Tetra
Midna & Wolf Link
Cucco

Fusion Suit Samus
Metroid

Bandana Waddle Dee

Team Rocket (Meowth, Ekans, Koffing)

Tom Nook

Wandering Hero from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II

Spring Man
Ribbon Girl (Echo)

Mike Jones from StarTropics

Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle

Lip from Panel de Pon

Starfy

Mallo from Pushmo

Isaac from Golden Sun
Felix from Golden Sun (Echo)

Chibi-Robo

Muddy from Mole Mania

NES Remix (Urban Champion, Balloon Fighter, Excitebike, Bubbles from Clu Clu Land)

Captain N

Nester / Lark from Nintendo Power, Nester’s Funky Bowling, and Pilotwings 64

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm not interested in a playable Porky but I can admit he's an A rank or near A rank 1st party addition.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I made a list of what I want in smash (plus a few heavily requested ones.) In order, a-z, by franchise.
Mr. Resetti
Tom Nook
Digby (Echo)
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Chibi-Robo
Bubbles
Ray Mk lll
Dillon
Dk Jr.
Funky Kong (Echo)
Dixie Kong
Jill
Diskun
Anna
Camus
Tiki
Alm
Lyn (Echo)
Eliwood (Echo)
Black Knight (Echo)
Three Houses character
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Blood Falcon (Echo)
Issac
Sukapon
Magnus
Viridi
Waddle Doo
Bugzzy
Gooey
Rick Kine and Coo
Dark Matter
Bandana Waddle Dee
Knuckle Joe
Marx
Nago Chuchu and Pitch (Echo)
Adeleine and Ribbon
Galacta Knight
Yarn Kirby
Magolor
Taranza
Poppy Bros. Jr.
LABO Man
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Toad
Birdo
Shy Guy
Wart
Chain Chomp
Baby Yoshi
Wiggler
Galoomba (Echo)
Metal Mario (Echo)
Geno
Mallow
Waluigi
King Boo
Toadette
Peachette (Transformation)
Dry Bowser (Echo)
Captain Toad (Transformation)
Dr. Luigi (Echo)
Fire Mario (Transformation)
Geolyte
SA-X (Echo)
Sylux
Federation Marine
Omega Ridley (Echo)
Gigyas
Ninten (Echo)
Porky
Masked Man/ Claus
Boney
Paper Mario
Paper Luigi (Echo)
Vivian
Alph (Echo)
Eevee
Gengar
Venonat
Aipom
Heracross
Suicune
Sceptile
Wurmple
Grovyle (Echo)
Torterra
Weavile
Snivy
Victini
Hawlucha
Melmetal
Mimikyu
Necrozma
Buzzwole
Zeraora
Gen 8 Pokemon
Octoling (Echo)
Slippy
Krystal
Leon (Echo)
Mii Ninja
Mii Tactitan
Ganon (Transformation)
Impa
Skull Kid
Tingle
Toon Zelda (Echo)
Vaati
Midna
Hilda (Echo)
Linkle
Starfy
Takamaru
Ashley
Disc Dog
Fiora
Elma
Rex
Pyra
Tora
Baby Bros.
Kamek
Poochy
Sorry about the long post

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Cranky Kong should be in. His build up history alone is enough merit. Wart is a deserving retro pick. Mr. Resetti is potentially deserving and is recurring. Pokey is from a small series that has a big legacy and is a memorable character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
For me personally?

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Pig Ganon
Skull Kid
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Wart
Captain Syrup
Elma
Marx
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Medusa
Viridi
Hades
Bandana Dee
Urbosa
Mipha
Shy Guy
Kamek
Phantom Ganon (Ocarina of Time)
Dry Bowser (Bowser Echo)
Leon Powalski (Wolf Echo)
Demise (Ganondorf Echo)
Galacta Knight (Meta Knight Echo)
Mona
Ashley
Balloon Fighter
Excitebiker

I think I'm missing a few others...

UserKev

Smash Champion
Sees my old posts and forgot I posted in this topic. Shivers I don't have any desire for Skull Kid or Sukapon anymore. :laugh: Waste of time supporting them.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I want Cappy that uses various captures as his attacks.
Obviously the T-Rex would be the Final Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sees my old posts and forgot I posted in this topic. Shivers I don't have any desire for Skull Kid or Sukapon anymore. :laugh: Waste of time supporting them.
I wouldn't give up supporting them just because they might not seem very likely. I waited since Melee's release to get K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie and I didn't get those 3 until Ultimate 17 to 18 years later. Plus, I have a lot of other characters in my wanted list that I have wanted in for some time now most notably Goemon and Krystal. One thing I have learned over the years about getting some of your most wanted characters in Smash is that you have to have a lot of patience and expect the realistic outcomes a lot of these characters you want won't get in each title or else you'll set yourself up for massive disappoint. But when one of your wants actually get's in, it's time to pour out the champagne and get giddy like a school girl who's crush accepted them as their girlfriend.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Who I want by series:
Mario
  • Waluigi
  • King Boo
Donkey Kong
  • Dixie Kong
  • Cranky Kong
  • Tiny/Lanky/Chunky (Like a 2nd Pokemon Trainer)
  • Kritter (Would use moveset inspiration from other Kremling types)
Legend of Zelda
  • Skull Kid
  • Minda & Wolf Link
  • Impa (Age of Calamity incarnation)
  • Ganon (The blue pig incarnation)
  • Morshu (unxepected fighter, from Faces of Evil)
Metroid
  • Kraid (the small fake version)
  • Mother Brain
  • Sylux
Yoshi
  • Poochy
Kirby
  • Bandana Dee
  • Adeleine & Ribbon
  • Gooey
  • Dark Matter
  • Galacta Knight
Star Fox
  • Krystal
  • Andross (His Star Fox Zero design)
  • General Scales
Pokemon
  • Sceptile (Gen 3 rep)
  • Genesect (Gen 5 rep)
  • Toxtricity (Gen 8 rep)
Earthbound
  • Porky
  • Gigue
F-ZERO
  • Black Shadow
  • Bio-Rex
Fire Emblem
  • Azura
  • Hector
  • Lyn
Kid Icarus
  • Hades
Wario
  • Captain Syrup
  • The Shake King
Pikmin
  • Titan Dweevil
  • Plasm Wraith
Animal Crossing
  • Tom Nook
Wii Fit
  • Wii Balance Board
Punch-Out!
  • Dr. Louis
Mii Fighters
  • Mage (Magic attacks)
  • Hammer (Wields a hammer like Dedede)
  • Gamer (Fights with Nintendo consoles)
  • Athlete (Uses sports equipment)
Xenoblade
  • Elma
Splatoon
  • DJ Octavio
ARMS
  • Helix
Other
  • Excitebiker
Echo Fighters
  • Midbus (Bowser)
  • Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool)
  • Hilda (Zelda)
  • King D-Mind (King Dedede)
  • Raichu (Pikachu)
  • Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)

UserKev

Smash Champion
I wouldn't give up supporting them just because they might not seem very likely. I waited since Melee's release to get K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie and I didn't get those 3 until Ultimate 17 to 18 years later. Plus, I have a lot of other characters in my wanted list that I have wanted in for some time now most notably Goemon and Krystal. One thing I have learned over the years about getting some of your most wanted characters in Smash is that you have to have a lot of patience and expect the realistic outcomes a lot of these characters you want won't get in each title or else you'll set yourself up for massive disappoint. But when one of your wants actually get's in, it's time to pour out the champagne and get giddy like a school girl who's crush accepted them as their girlfriend.
No. I mean I don't even want them anymore. Skull Kid is overhyped. Ridley and K. Rool are far more recurring to their home series and Banjo is from a critical acclaim game, a slightly more and significantly different circumstance from Skull Kid's criteria. Its crazy to compare them.

Skull Kid isn't getting in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No. I mean I don't even want them anymore. Skull Kid is overhyped. Ridley and K. Rool are far more recurring to their home series and Banjo is from a critical acclaim game, a slightly more and significantly different circumstance from Skull Kid's criteria. Its crazy to compare them.

Skull Kid isn't getting in.
I'm not comparing Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie to Skull Kid I was just saying not to give up on the character because I thought you abandoned supporting Skull Kid because I thought you thought he was very unlikely.

Top Bottom