• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Echo Fighter(s) were you hoping for?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sorry to be a party pooper but there probably won't be any DLC Echos. The whole point of them was to squeeze in a few fan requested characters (:ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultchrom:) due by basing them off characters similar to them to save limited gaming data.

Now its DLC at this point there's no need for it and every character following will be their own character.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Alph not being upgraded is still a really weird decision. As for what I was expecting? Pretty much just Ken, Shadow and Octolings.

Would love to see Dry Bowser and Gooigi in the future in some capacity.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd take any number of echoes, but Black Shadow for Captain Falcon is still at the top of my wishlist for representatives for abandoned franchises.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sorry to be a party pooper but there probably won't be any DLC Echos. The whole point of them was to squeeze in a few fan requested characters (:ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultchrom:) due by basing them off characters similar to them to save limited gaming data.

Now its DLC at this point there's no need for it and every character following will be their own character.
I wasn’t asking what Echoes people would like to see in the future. I was asking what Echoes people would have like to see before the DLC.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wanted Isabelle, but she wound up not being an echo, which is totally fine.

Some others I can think of were Tails (or Shadow since my niece wanted him), Daisy (also for my niece), and Dixie Kong. I realize Tails and Dixie Kong have similar differences to their counterparts, but after seeing Chrom's up special, I figured that wouldn't rule them out completely.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
I'd have loved to see Ms. Pac-Man. Even just changing a few of her Bonus Fruit could've drastically changed the character and given her different combos and tricks to leverage.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Every third-party character from Smash 4 had PERFECT Echo Fighter potential.

:ultsonic:: Shadow. Replace Up-B with Mewtwo's Up-B and Down-B with Bayonetta's Down-B. Chaos Control.
:ultmegaman:: Proto Man. Ken-esque Echo where he's lighter (to match his lower durability in Mega Man 9 and 10), faster, and has a Shield like Link and Hero.
:ultpacman:: Ms. Pac-Man. Slightly different Bonus Fruit. Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, and Apple (Apple is now fifth fruit instead of fourth) are the exact same as Pac-Man's, but Pretzel, Pear, and Banana are brand new moves.
:ultryu:: :ultken: Oh... We actually got this one. Next.
:ultcloud:: Zack Fair. Nearly identical, if not completely identical, to Cloud.
:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne. Also a near identical, if not identical, Echo Fighter.

D

Deleted member

• :ultmegaman: - Proto Man or Bass
  • :ultinkling: - Octoling
  • :ultzelda: - Hilda
  • :ultmetaknight: - Dark Meta Knight or Galacta Knight
  • :ultbayonetta: - Jeanne
  • :ultness: - Ninten
  • :ultsonic: - Shadow

Quillion

Smash Hero
We see this thread every so often, so I'll just plug my desire for these Links: :linkmelee::4link: as an echo of the current Link yet again.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
:ultolimar:: :ultalph: (rock pikmin pls)
:ultsonic:: Shadow or Mighty
:ultmario:: Robo Mario (with F.L.U.D.D. mario sunshine style moveset)
:ultpokemontrainer:: Blue (:001::005::009:)
:ultyoshi:: Boshi
:ultgnw:: Fox (Egg/Game & watch with moveset that reflect the other unrepresented Game & watch titles)
:ultpacman:: Ms. Pac-man
:ultness:: Ninten
:ultmegaman:: Protoman
:ultmetaknight:: Dark Meta Knight
:ultike:: Black Knight
:ultmewtwo:: Shadow Mewtwo
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultcloud:: Zack
:ultfalcon:: Blood Falcon

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
:ultness: - Paula (the people saying Ninten here clearly haven't played Beginnings)
:ultpacman: - Ms. Pac-Man
:ultdk: - New Funky Mode
:ultsonic: - Classic Sonic
I actually prefer Ninten not being an echo just like Daisy and Dark Samus and Dark Pit I know about their potential however I know Echo is another possible way for Ninten to be included.

Last edited:

CandySamaurai92

Smash Cadet
:ultfalco: - Slippy
:ultlucas: - Kumatora
:ultshulk: - maybe Riki?
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy: - Octoling
:ultbowser: - Dry Bowser
:ulticeclimbers: - this sounds stupid, but Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (y'know, with squeaky hammers)
:ultdiddy:- Dixie Kong

(that's it, thanks for viewing my opinion)

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Dixie is still the biggest missed opportunity to me. I'm genuinely surprised she isn't playable.

Alph seems like a no-brainer too, but I guess since he missed the boat last time they didn't feel it was worth it this time.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Mainly:

:ultpalutena:/Medusa
:ultyoshi:/Boshi
:ultsonic:/Metal Sonic
:ultdk:/Funky Kong
:ultbowser:/Dry Bowser

Would also like to see:

:ultganondorf:/Demise
:ultsheik:/Impa
:ultwolf:/Leon Powalski
:ultmetaknight:/Galacta Knight
:ultfalcon:/Black Shadow
:ultsnake:/Big Boss
:ultinkling:/Octolings
:ultness:/Ninten
:ultpacman:/Ms. Pac-Man
:ultzelda:/Hilda
:ultmegaman:/Proto Man

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
10e. Ninten [Ness]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
16e. Impa [Sheik]
27e. Galacta Knight [Meta Knight]
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]
35e. Charizard [Pokemon Trainer]
36e. Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
46e. Bass [Megaman]
61e. Zack [Cloud]
63e. Jeanne [Bayonetta]
64e. Octolings [Inklings]

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Gooey for kirby, instead of inhaling, Gooey just licks the opponent, which still allows him to copy their moves. However, because the move is faster, he loses the ability much quicker as well.

As for moves that require limbs, just give him the little orange balls he has when he's flying, to help him with kicks and punches.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Of all the characters so far, I could see:

Funky Kong for DK just for lolsies

Another F-Zero racer for Falcon, maybe reprising Ganondorf's old heavier moveset with someone like Deathborn (would settle with Black Shadow even if I find him boring). So some kind of mash up between Ultimate Falcon and Sm4sh/Brawl Ganondorf.

Impa for Sheik makes sense even if it would disappointing after all these years to get a new Zelda rep and it's an echo. Also Impa has been shown using various weapons that make her actually closer to Byleth interestingly enough

The Boss as a Snake echo would be very interesting, with Nikita replaced by a more straightforward sniper rifle (that would be the longest reaching projectile in the game), trying to incorporate a knife in her moveset and less explosives, to make her half an echo like Ken.

Dixie as Diddy's of course with a few new moves.

Shadow for Sonic makes sense, literally only the run animation and the taunts would need to be changed. Maybe his recovery.

Not many others honestly would make either sense, be interesting or make justice to the character itself. I see stuff like Octoling as an Inkling echo and think that would be enough as an alt costume honestly, unless Alph would be upgraded to a new character with a twist in him (maybe rock pikmins?).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Echo fighters I wanted to see, or still do:

Sheik: Impa (with some Ganondorf sword)
Inklings: Octolings
Mewtwo: Mew
Sonic: Literally anyone. Shadow would be easiest, I always saw Tails as easy enough.
Diddy Kong: Dixie Kong.
Donkey Kong: DK Jr
Yoshi: Birdo
Megaman: Protoman or Zero.
Isabelle: Tom Nook
Pacman: Ms. Pacman

By the same standard, they can continue to squeeze in new fighters by making them echoes. You havnt really given a reason that it makes less sense now. Hell, they could be free updates.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultsonic:- Shadow
:ultfalcon:- Blood Falcon
:ultsnake:- Big Boss or Raiden
:ultvillager:- :ultisabelle:
:ultyoshi:- Birdo
:ultolimar:- :ultalph:
:ultmegaman:- X

Last edited:

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Hilda would've been a dope echo fighter for Zelda especially since they used a link between worlds design.

Ganon777

Smash Cadet
If we get echoes as dlc, here are some that i think would be good echoes. I don't think most of the characters will make it as echoes but they would still be good inclusions.

Raichu as a bigger, slower pikachu

Dry bowser for bowser

Riolu as a smaller, faster lucario

Demise for ganondorf

slippy for fox and peppy for falco, both slippy and peppy being slower with differences in height

Morgan for robin

Gooigi for luigi

raiden in his mgs2 design for snake

classic sonic for sonic

proto man for mega man

zack for cloud

glass joe as a joke echo for little mac

blood falcon, black shadow, deathborn or phoenix all would be good picks as echoes for captain falcon, but blood falcon or black shadow would be the most likely as echoes.

Dr. luigi for Dr. Mario, dr. luigi would be taller and have green missile

Octoling for inkling

Ninten for ness

Louie as a slightly taller olimar

impa for sheik

Kumatora as an echo for lucas, im not sure how well this would be an echo but earthbound having more characters is always welcome with me.

kiddy kong for donkey kong

dixie kong for diddy kong

morpho knight for meta knight

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Here are my ideas for Echos (including characters I want in)
:ultmario:: Metal Mario (:ultdoc: works fine too)
:ultdk:: Funky Kong
:ultluigi:: Gooigi
:ultness:: Paula
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow
:ultbowser:: Dark Bowser
:ultmetaknight:: Dark Meta Knight
:ultcharizard:: :149:
:ultdiddy:: Dixie Kong
:ultsonic:: Shadow
:ultolimar:::ultalph:
:ultvillager:: Tom Nook
:ultpalutena:: Medusa
:ultinkling:: Octoling
:ultkrool:: Lord Fredrick

Now for my wanted fighters, with their echoes
Spring-Man: Ribbon-Girl
:249:: Shadow Lugia
Issac: Felix or Matthew (Cannot choose)

I would also accept it if :ultyounglink: is an echo of :ultlink:, and :ultpichu: is an echo of :ultpikachu:.

To be continued

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
:ultpacman:: Ms. Pac-Man
:ultcloud:: Zack
:ultyounglink:: Saria would fit
:ulticeclimbers:: Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
:ultpalutena:: Medusa
:ultmegaman:: Proto Man and/or Roll
:ultganondorf:: Black Shadow
:ultfalcon:: Blood Falcon
:ultsheik:: Impa
:ultfox:: Captain N
:ultkrool:: King Hippo
:ultzelda:: Hilda

Clone characters in general were always done late in development to squeeze out a couple more fighters when there wasn't enough dev time left for a full fledged newcomer. If there were to be DLC echos, they wouldn't come until the team was finished on full newcomers anyway.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Saria with a sword and a bow ?...
The sword of her people the Kokiri Sword, yes. Also, a shield that comes from her village's shop & the bow could be replaced with the Fairy Slingshot. TBH, the idea is mostly based on what I wanted to see in Hyrule Warriors, I figured Saria could be a Young Link stand-in because I didn't think that game would have more than 1 Link. I was very wrong on that account.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
The sword of her people the Kokiri Sword, yes. Also, a shield that comes from her village's shop & the bow could be replaced with the Fairy Slingshot. TBH, the idea is mostly based on what I wanted to see in Hyrule Warriors, I figured Saria could be a Young Link stand-in because I didn't think that game would have more than 1 Link. I was very wrong on that account.
It's just hard to me to picture Saria as a fighter, wielding weapons.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
It's just hard to me to picture Saria as a fighter, wielding weapons.
HW gave us the bug collector from TP as a warrior who can slaughter whole armies, all bets are off on Zelda characters these days. Saria has sage magic & was brave enough to venture into the forest temple when it became infested with monsters. It's not completely unreasonable for her to fight.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
HW gave us the bug collector from TP as a warrior who can slaughter whole armies, all bets are off on Zelda characters these days. Saria has sage magic & was brave enough to venture into the forest temple when it became infested with monsters. It's not completely unreasonable for her to fight.
To fight, why not, I guess. Isabelle from Animal Crossing does it - but in a cute, cartoony way. If Saria had to be in a fighting game, she should use magic and stuff like that, not a sword and a shield she never wore. Or the deku stick that Lana stole from her...

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dr. Luigi for Doc (Dr. Mario should be counted as its own series, by the way) and Proto Man for Mega Man. Everyone else should either be their own unique character or a pallet swap.

If and when the developers come to their senses and put Isaac in Smash, I would like Felix to be included as his echo.

Top Bottom