• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does Nintendo have against Octoroks!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Take this whole thing please only to 70-90% Serious!
SO WTF DOES NINTENDO HAVE AGAINST FUN! WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS!
Why do Octoroks look like this in 3d Zelda?:
Eww gross!
THEY ARE OCTOPI THAT WADDLE ARROUND AND SPIT ROCKS ALSO THEY ARE THE WEAKEST 2d ZELDA ENEMY SO THEY DONT HAVE TO LOOK CREEPY!
This is how they looked in Zelda 1:
wow this Enemy Looks Like i danger NOT!
And This Is how Octorocks look in most 2d Zeldas:

Nintendo seems to hate Mah bois so much that this is the only design they changed in LA Remake:
WHY? They Kept everyone else the same and while this Design is the 2nd Best one and still looks cute i dont get it!
And this is just the design: Nintendo to this day Hasnt made a single classic Octorok in a 3d Zelda Only Water Octoroks and dekus and yeah THIS IS NOT A OCTOROK:
and vwhile he looks cute this is a deku because dekus tarn themselves with bushes and lets be honest Water Octoroks are basically
River Zoras!
And here is a Image of a better Timeline:
Im Gonna go cry now! (Again im not but still this sucks atleast i have a octorok plush to fill that hole in my Heart!)

Quillion

Smash Hero
Eh, since they've been trying to make the Deku Scrubs a race of their own from time to time, I guess it makes sense that they try to make the Octoroks take on their original elements.

Besides, the Blins have become the villains' main force.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Take this whole thing please only to 70-90% Serious!
SO WTF DOES NINTENDO HAVE AGAINST FUN! WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS!
Why do Octoroks look like this in 3d Zelda?:
Eww gross!
THEY ARE OCTOPI THAT WADDLE ARROUND AND SPIT ROCKS ALSO THEY ARE THE WEAKEST 2d ZELDA ENEMY SO THEY DONT HAVE TO LOOK CREEPY!
This is how they looked in Zelda 1:
wow this Enemy Looks Like i danger NOT!
And This Is how Octorocks look in most 2d Zeldas:

Nintendo seems to hate Mah bois so much that this is the only design they changed in LA Remake:
WHY? They Kept everyone else the same and while this Design is the 2nd Best one and still looks cute i dont get it!
And this is just the design: Nintendo to this day Hasnt made a single classic Octorok in a 3d Zelda Only Water Octoroks and dekus and yeah THIS IS NOT A OCTOROK:
and vwhile he looks cute this is a deku because dekus tarn themselves with bushes and lets be honest Water Octoroks are basically
River Zoras!
And here is a Image of a better Timeline:
Im Gonna go cry now! (Again im not but still this sucks atleast i have a octorok plush to fill that hole in my Heart!)
I dunno, I like all those designs.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dunno, I like all those designs.
Those designs are as almost weird as the goombas from the original mario movie
You take a weird and cute Enemy and
1. Make them Threatening
2. Invert their role (Goombas proportions swapped and octoroks were made stationary and water based)
But yeah for a semi capable water enemy these designs fit perfectly

Quillion

Smash Hero
Face it, Octoroks don't exactly work as villainous footsoldiers the way Blins and Lizalfos do.

That's probably why they're more-or-less aggressive wildlife nowadays.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Face it, Octoroks don't exactly work as villainous footsoldiers the way Blins and Lizalfos do.

That's probably why they're more-or-less aggressive wildlife nowadays.
True but then turn them into more merch or make a 2d octorok a pet heck make a 2d octorok race you could do so much with them yet they only get really minmor roles in 3d!
Also there are 0 2d/ smol Octorok Models in G mod come on just dump al the la models come on!

Top Bottom