• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does everyone think of isabelle after her 4.0.0. buffs?

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
Faster Lloid and farther rolls are astounding buffs, especially since far fewer characters can run past Lloid or dodge it at the ledge.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
haven't had enough experience with buffed Isabelle yet, but i think these buffs have the potential to make her a more consistent character. probably not a top tier anytime soon, but she might demand a little more respect from opponents.

of course they could also not matter much at all. she's still the same character with the same playstyle as before, and marginally better options aren't necessarily gonna make a noticable difference when everything else is the same.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Definitely nice, but definitely not game changing. I think it moved Isabelle up only a couple of spots on the tier list because now everything works how it always should have. Great QoL improvements, but not great buffs.

Either way, Isabelle has been getting some attention lately, so I think she's on the rise regardless. I think soon people will start to see Isabelle isn't a bottom tier anymore.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but I found something interesting that I wanted advice on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxqsl4C83S4

Around the 9:30 mark, Isabelle manages to lock Snake in the corner using only jab. It didn't seem like he was just hammering A, but it seemed like there was a rhythm and maybe even in between hits he was taking steps forward? I'm not sure, any advice on this would be great.

EDIT: Posted in this thread because jab was buffed in the most recent patch, allowing this to happen.

Last edited:

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the double post, but I found something interesting that I wanted advice on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxqsl4C83S4

Around the 9:30 mark, Isabelle manages to lock Snake in the corner using only jab. It didn't seem like he was just hammering A, but it seemed like there was a rhythm and maybe even in between hits he was taking steps forward? I'm not sure, any advice on this would be great.
https://twitter.com/kyle_roath/status/1157134683890544642?s=20

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i mained Fox in Sm4sh and this is giving me flashbacks of his jab infinite

curious to see how they'll ruin this

Top Bottom