• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what does 3.5 mean for us?

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
its a 70 30 **** Imo
The Marth MU? I really don't think it's that bad when we're both onstage. Depending on the stage I'd say its close to even (FD and BF are ideal for us in this matchup IMO) as long as you are reallllyyy careful about your DI when they throw you. Offstage though, yeah we have way less reliable edgeguards against Marth than vice-versa.

If I'm playing carefully I can usually take Sora (top melee/PM Marth in New England) to 1 stock and overall he's a much better player than me. The minute I autopilot though, I lose a stock at 40% due to bad DI on fthrow->fsmash

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
^ If you can get a set of you vs Sora recorded, that'd help a lot bruh =D

If I was a Marth, when Ivy pulls I wouldn't go for nair. I can just bair or uair to cover every option (bair does a reverse bair if you edge cancel that combos into anything, and doesn't lag a lot so he can still grab you if it whiffs) so I can just react to the fact that you pulled up and cover everything. If I feel like it I can wait a bit and react to where you strafe instead : dair if you strafe back, else waveland grab.

Nair hurts if Ivy strafes back but why nair when you can dair ? And if you strafe forward, Marth has to be pixel perfect, else we can SDI out of it.

-Sothe

Smash Cadet
In general, if someone nairs you, it's far better to be caught by the front end than by the back end when you don't have a double jump, right? If you get caught in front, you have more room in which you can get hit and still live, and if you land before you get hit, you'll even have your double jump back so you should certainly be able to make it back to stage if you DI up (unless you die). If you get caught by the butt end of DK's nair or something though, you will get sent back without a jump, and you'll probably die.

indio

Smash Rookie
Hi, how in the world do i approach the ike mu as ivysaur? lol i get bodied hard like what can ivy do vs him.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yeah it's a pretty difficult matchup

I have a set recorded here. I lose it but it's very close, so it shows what both characters can do pretty well imo.

Knowing how to shut down Quick Draw seems to be like half of the matchup, so definitely spend some time in the lab figuring out how it works, where its blind spots are, and what does it lose to. But then there's the other half of the matchup, like how to deal with his jab, how to DI his nair and bthrow, how to edgeguard him, etc...

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I find Ike a lot easier to wall out than people seem to realize. Like to get to you, he has to either quick draw or quick draw jump over. Razor leaf can keep him at bay, and quick RAR back-airs will hit before he does as long as your timing is good.

Plus when he's off stage you can kill him pretty consistently unless he recovers higher than you can reach. from quick draw sweetspot to aether you can get him with a back/neutral/down air and still recover pretty easily.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh yeah Ike can recover so high it's ridiculous. Thing is, you can't really afford not to try, even if you know your bair is going to whiff, because the alternative is letting him onstage for free.

I found out that our dair breaks Ike's armor during his upB, so I've gotten a bunch of kills that way : push him offstage, edgehog, let him upB, drop through the sword thanks to the ledge invincibility, and dair through his armor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom