• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want the most for SBB 4

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would like the speed ramped up and major balancing changes. What does everyone else think?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley is my most wanted thing. Behind that we have proper balance, a good mix between Brawl and Melee's speed, and most of the Brawl roster returning. Because even if the game ends up being as unbalanced as Brawl and all, people will at some point crack open the Wii U, and we'll be able to get mods that balance the game like Balanced Brawl. However, no one has the abilities to create characters like Sakurai and his team. And I personally like both Melee and Brawl for what they are, so I can settle even if the gameplay ends up being exactly like either, though that's very unlikely.

Of course it's best for the majority if balance, a middle ground speed and most veterans return all get in over Ridley, but I'm just stating my selfish wish here :p

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ridley is my most wanted thing. Behind that we have proper balance, a good mix between Brawl and Melee's speed, and most of the Brawl roster returning. Because even if the game ends up being as unbalanced as Brawl and all, people will at some point crack open the Wii U, and we'll be able to get mods that balance the game like Balanced Brawl. However, no one has the abilities to create characters like Sakurai and his team. And I personally like both Melee and Brawl for what they are, so I can settle even if the gameplay ends up being exactly like either, though that's very unlikely.

Of course it's best for the majority if balance, a middle ground speed and most veterans return all get in over Ridley, but I'm just stating my selfish wish here :p
There is not one Selfish thing you said...take your s_it everyone has taken ours RealTalk.

Plus even though with all the balance and stage hacks you wont be able to use em online.....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

This.

Just this.

So much this.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice

I would love the see Ridley in SSB4 myself. I am a huge Metroid fan and it would be great to see him in action. I don't know how his moveset would work though... Any ideas??

Morbi

Scavenger
I want the game to be "different". I am really liking what they did with Bowser. They changed his stance, some of his moves! That is refreshing. I have played every Smash for hours upon hours. I don't want to see Link return exactly the same as he has always been. I want something unique done. If I wanted more of the same... I wouldn't be on this site. I would be playing Melee. Give Ganon his sword! Give Luigi his Poltergust! Let Link turn into a Wolf for his final smash! Let Mario use some of Fludd's other forms (jet pack comes to mind)! Replace Sheik with Impa!

Just something different. Something new.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I would love the see Ridley in SSB4 myself. I am a huge Metroid fan and it would be great to see him in action. I don't know how his moveset would work though... Any ideas??
There are loads of ideas in the Ridley thread in the Character Discussion forum, I myself am planning to soon post a moveset idea on there. It seems like the general idea is to make Ridley a heavy air character, possibly with a fairly limited aerial grab. Glad to meet a new Ridley supporter though ;)

And thanks for the great comments guys, I was expecting rocks to be thrown at me for posting something like that, seems like I forgot what community I was posting it in :)

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
There are loads of ideas in the Ridley thread in the Character Discussion forum, I myself am planning to soon post a moveset idea on there. It seems like the general idea is to make Ridley a heavy air character, possibly with a fairly limited aerial grab. Glad to meet a new Ridley supporter though ;)

And thanks for the great comments guys, I was expecting rocks to be thrown at me for posting something like that, seems like I forgot what community I was posting it in :)
Don't worry about it. Smash Bros need MORE unique fighters and I believe a ton of people think Ridley would foot the bill. I myself love the idea of the Wii Fit Trainer, because she is different and we need more females anyway.

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
There are lots of threads on the character discussion section for you to see then.

While what you're saying is true, Dark Phazon is right, not eveybody would play a same hack, and it wouldn't make much of a difference online.

For me, I want to see more unique characters. New characters like the ones they've already shown (for the three newcomers until now are pretty much the definition of unique), and changes on the veterans. Ghostbuster Luigi MUST happen in some sort way!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
While what you're saying is true, Dark Phazon is right, not eveybody would play a same hack, and it wouldn't make much of a difference online.
There's a thought that slipped my mind, particularly because I haven't played Brawl online. Even then there's the possibility of balance patches this time around, which Sakurai has spoken fondly of, so if the game is broken as **** on release we'll have to hope for that.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
There's a thought that slipped my mind, particularly because I haven't played Brawl online. Even then there's the possibility of balance patches this time around, which Sakurai has spoken fondly of, so if the game is broken as **** on release we'll have to hope for that.
Balance patches would be the only DLC-type thing I would support. That would be a great way to keep the game alive for much longer. Brawl online isn't bad, but it needs a lot of work. Even with split second lag some characters just lose all their steam ( like Captain Falcon) and a lot of people play super defensive. They should do SSB4's online comparable to Killzone 2's. I know it is a odd comparison, but what made fans love Killzone 2 was the fact that you could control everything. Have a favorite map, gametype, and weapon? Create a server for it. SSB4 would benefit like crazy from a feature like that.

SonicMario

Smash Master
For Roster (and somewhat selfish): Just Sonic to return. That's all I need to be content roster-wise.

In general though just asking for another game I can love to pieces as I've done with the previous three games. ^^

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Balance patches would be the only DLC-type thing I would support. That would be a great way to keep the game alive for much longer. Brawl online isn't bad, but it needs a lot of work. Even with split second lag some characters just lose all their steam ( like Captain Falcon) and a lot of people play super defensive. They should do SSB4's online comparable to Killzone 2's. I know it is a odd comparison, but what made fans love Killzone 2 was the fact that you could control everything. Have a favorite map, gametype, and weapon? Create a server for it. SSB4 would benefit like crazy from a feature like that.
Yh but it would further split the community...it would be hard to find a game....plus what if you wanna play a full Smash defualt match like the way it is?

Ugh....we need some info on the online mode....can you imagine if Sakurai announces that it wont return? Thats litreally the #1 worse thing that could ever happen to the game....i have a feeling Sakurai still thinks its not a big deal.....

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
Yh but it would further split the community...it would be hard to find a game....plus what if you wanna play a full Smash defualt match like the way it is?

Ugh....we need some info on the online mode....can you imagine if Sakurai announces that it wont return? Thats litreally the #1 worse thing that could ever happen to the game....i have a feeling Sakurai still thinks its not a big deal.....
Yeah that would be a bad side affect of that idea. I really hope there is online but you are right, it killed the game and it's hard to play the game with randoms. Maybe I shouldn't have used the Killzone 2 idea because that does cut up the players but I would like to see something more than basic and team brawl online. And you are right, it seems Nintendo still isn't warming up to online at all.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
For Roster (and somewhat selfish): Just Sonic to return. That's all I need to be content roster-wise.

In general though just asking for another game I can love to pieces as I've done with the previous three games. ^^
I really think we will get the Blue Blur back, since recently Sega said they would love Sonic to return and them getting cozy with Nintendo lol. Sonic is my brawl main, cause he is my favorite game character, even if he is mid tier. I hope they revamp his moveset if he does come back :)

SonicMario

Smash Master
I really think we will get the Blue Blur back, since recently Sega said they would love Sonic to return and them getting cozy with Nintendo lol. Sonic is my brawl main, cause he is my favorite game character, even if he is mid tier. I hope they revamp his moveset if he does come back :)
Oh don't worry, I generally think he'll be back for sure.

I do still have my nervousness about it though. Especially after I had a dream last night that Ike was confirmed to return (Which would be a good thing for Fire Emblem fans) but at the same time there was this note to the side of Ike's profile that Sakurai posted that Sonic would not be returning. Which I know as a dream, it doesn't make much sense for Sakurai to post himself on the actual Smash Bros. website to deconfirm a specific character like that. Still was glad it was a dream and nothing more. :X

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice

I do still have my nervousness about it though. Especially after I had a dream last night that Ike was confirmed to return (Which would be a good thing for Fire Emblem fans) but at the same time there was this note to the side of Ike's profile that Sakurai posted that Sonic would not be returning. Which I know as a dream, it doesn't make much sense for Sakurai to post himself on the actual Smash Bros. website to deconfirm a specific character like that. Still was glad it was a dream and nothing more. :X
I just hope Sakurai doesn't make us wait forever to tell us if Sonic is back or they shove him in at the last minute like in Brawl (which I feel is what caused him to suffer so much). As for Ike, I love Fire Emblem, but they have been getting rid of the second FE fighter since melee, since Marth is so wide known. But who knows? Maybe they will keep Ike and replaced Marth with someone?? They just wont tell us anything!! lol

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah that would be a bad side affect of that idea. I really hope there is online but you are right, it killed the game and it's hard to play the game with randoms. Maybe I shouldn't have used the Killzone 2 idea because that does cut up the players but I would like to see something more than basic and team brawl online. And you are right, it seems Nintendo still isn't warming up to online at all.
They really need too...RealTalk....the WiiU's online should be as good as the PS3's no excuse.

Sony didnt charge neither does Nintendo + its 2013.....come on.....

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
They really need too...RealTalk....the WiiU's online should be as good as the PS3's no excuse.

Sony didnt charge neither does Nintendo + its 2013.....come on.....
I really don't know what their hold up is. I mean they could just hire some experts or something.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Ike would NOT be a good thing for Fire Emblem, now Chrom would be...and I do hope to god the Blue Blur comes back, not just because he's an amazing character, but because he has some of the best content, tons of chars for Trophies, amazing music and memorable stages...nothing like Mario on Green Hill Zone.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Good gameplay close to melee as possible. Full control of your characters not all stiff like brawl. L-canceling great online.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
Good gameplay close to melee as possible. Full control of your characters not all stiff like brawl. L-canceling great online.
Everything you said plus consistency. I can't tell you how many times I have been playing Sonic and got KO'd at 75% while a Kirby player was running around with over 100% and didn't die.

D

Deleted member

A couple of things really:
-Luigi to be given his Poltergust 5000 and Thunderhand
-Ganondorf to be given his own moveset
-Every character gets their own unique Target Smash stage like in 64 and Melee
-Return of Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish
-If there is some sort of Adventure Mode from Melee, then have stages based on Nintendo areas (I wasn't a fan of the bland areas in SSE)
-A couple of characters like Bowser Jr. and Little Mac being newcomers
-A return of Sonic
-Patching when the game is released to fix various balancing issues that could rise up post-release
-A better Wi-Fi Mode in general
-If Stickers and Trophies return, then a system where we can trade Stickers and Trophies with friends over Wi-Fi to make collecting them easier

And a few other things, but these are the things that I would love to see the most.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
I know that feel too well lol.
I mean, come on Nintendo, his head is as big as Kirby's whole body lol. I am just tired of feeling cheated when I play as certain characters. I was so happy when they said that the Tekken guys were working on the games balance

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Some competitive online, with NO lag, leaderboards, online tournaments, and lots more features than in Brawl.

Don't have my hopes up entirely, but it would be amazing. If not, I always have the local multiplayer. I still play Brawl to this day with my friends.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Some competitive online, with NO lag, leaderboards, online tournaments, and lots more features than in Brawl.

Don't have my hopes up entirely, but it would be amazing. If not, I always have the local multiplayer. I still play Brawl to this day with my friends.
Its impossible to have 0 lag online.....but yeah i know what you mean & i agree.

Top Bottom