• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want as single player options?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
First off, we have Classic mode. Master Core makes a return at the end.

We also are likely getting story mode. This should have its own unique final boss. With that, we'd be getting Boss Battle mode like in Brawl.

All Star mode I want to be heavily revamped. It's a 100 floor tower unlocked upon unlocking every character in the game and is not meant to be completed in a single sitting. It has fights against every character in the game, bonus challenges like break the targets, boss fights, and gauntlets against assist trophies. At the top is a special final boss, maybe Tabuu. You can save progress. Completing it should take between 1-1.5 hours.

Stage Builder is incredibly flexible like in Sm4sh. In addition, it can be used to make break the target and board the platform stages which can be shared online.

Special orders make a return.

That's what I would love to see. What about you guys?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Maybe they could fit this in somewhere with Training mode, but I'd like for them to add some sort of character tutorial mode so that players can grasp the ins and outs of a specific character. It'd help newer players learn how to play different playstyles. There could also be a tutorial mode that helps players get more adjusted to the game's mechanics and techniques, such as B-reversing or Wavebouncing.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
My wants:

Classic mode to have not only the matches against opponents, but also the bonus stages like Break the Targets and Board the Platforms

Adventure mode, which I assume is the hidden mode from the direct, to be grand in scope, but also have replayability like Melee.

Smash Run (I know it was a multiplayer mode, but it was fun to run through in single player).

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Today, only Classic Mode is confirmed for Single-player mode, special orders might not returns we don't know. Here is my wishlist for single-player modes :

1) Adventure Mode - A brand new story-mode in the same spirit of The Subspace Emissary (not Melee's Adventure mode), but with more diversity.

2) Special Orders & Crazy Orders

3) Survival Mode - A stadium's mini-game that is basically the same as "Multi-Man Melee" with infinite amounts of time but you're fighting the full roster until you die.

4) Improved Stage Builder

5) Event Match Creator - So you can create & save your own event matches and play them.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, Sub-Space Emissary was Adventure Mode for SSBB, and I'd be happy for something like SSE to return. That Adventure Mode was a story, and it was more than what the Adventure Mode in SSBM offered. I'm not saying we need another Tabuu or shadow bug invasion, but if the baddies teamed up and brought something new, that'd be fun. But, whatever the case may be, I really just want 12/7/2018 to be here. Sakurai and his team did a fantastic job!

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I want Smash Run and Break the Targets to return. I'd even be fine with Smash Tour coming back...(don't hurt me)

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
First off, we have Classic mode. Master Core makes a return at the end.

We also are likely getting story mode. This should have its own unique final boss. With that, we'd be getting Boss Battle mode like in Brawl.

All Star mode I want to be heavily revamped. It's a 100 floor tower unlocked upon unlocking every character in the game and is not meant to be completed in a single sitting. It has fights against every character in the game, bonus challenges like break the targets, boss fights, and gauntlets against assist trophies. At the top is a special final boss, maybe Tabuu. You can save progress. Completing it should take between 1-1.5 hours.

Stage Builder is incredibly flexible like in Sm4sh. In addition, it can be used to make break the target and board the platform stages which can be shared online.

Special orders make a return.

That's what I would love to see. What about you guys?
...wait, you want all star mode turned into a 100 floor tower where we fight every single character, do challenges, fight bosses, as well as assist trophies... you say it's NOT meant to be done in a single sitting... and then you say the whole thing can be done in an hour, completely contradicting yourself?

first of all, that sounds like a bit much... and second, how is one hour not a single sitting?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
...wait, you want all star mode turned into a 100 floor tower where we fight every single character, do challenges, fight bosses, as well as assist trophies... you say it's NOT meant to be done in a single sitting... and then you say the whole thing can be done in an hour, completely contradicting yourself?

first of all, that sounds like a bit much... and second, how is one hour not a single sitting?
Sorry, maybe 1 hour was severely lowballing it. But I mean it's not something that's meant to be the length of classic mode or the current all star, but something several times longer. Not subspace long, per se, but long enough that you'd want to be able to save progress.

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
Fatten the Training Mode with Training Modules!

Combo Challenges, DI Challenges, Parry Challenges, Evasion Challenges, Shield Break Setup Challenges, Platform Usage Challenges, Air Dodge Challenges, Tech Challenges... just a ton of good Training Modules that will help us in one way prepare for competitive play!

Last edited:
Top Bottom