• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think of Smash Ultimate so far?

7 or 7

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1094 6225 9234
I freaking love it, it's the first smash game where I feel competent, maybe even good lol. It is going to take a bit to be 99.9% consistent on all my inputs but I'm still having a ton of fun. Right now I really love playing as Puff (my main), Yoshi, Chrom, and Falco. I knew I was going to play Puff (my favorite smash character) and Chrom (my second favorite FE character) but never in a million years did I think I might secondary Yoshi or Falco, two characters I liked in smash4 but could never click with. World of Light is fun but so long and kind of boring after a while, I'd rather just work on improving instead of playing a side-mode. My main nitpick is the matchmaking system, it's kind of messy in my opinion.

BanePlane

Smash Rookie
It's such a heavy improvement from Smash 4 Wii U it's not even funny. Feels like the first proper smash game since Brawl and not a 60 dollar money sink, especially with a classic mode that is no longer just 8 player smash and has unique bosses and content. I really love the visuals although I hate a lot of the returning stages from Smash 4 (specifically pilotwings since visually it stills feels like a carbon copy of Wii Sports Resort but with planes, they could've at the very least changed the time of day like maybe made it sunset instead of broad daylight). Luckily, we still got most of the stages from every other game to make up for the Wii U stage shortcoming (including the beautiful stages from melee and 3DS). The amount of characters and stages is insane and I enjoy a lot of it. My chief complaint though is that there isn't much to do besides battles, world of light (which I'll be honest is nothing more than a glorified event match), and classic mode. I really wish there was some break the targets mode or proper adventure mode with platforming in the mix to make up for this. I also really wish World of Light had a co-op mode since it would be perfect for it. Otherwise fantastic game, especially coming from the absolute letdown that was Smash 4 Wii U. This game is an easy 7-8/10 compared to that 4/10 trashfire.
Sadly I feel like my main (Lucas) got nerfed due to changes in his grab combos but it's all good because theres enough characters that feel fluid and fun to play to make up for that.

Trueshinobi

Smash Rookie
Like others have said, online mode is an embarrassment and complete mess. Every 5 seconds, a huge lag occurs and it throws off my focus. Nintendo really needs to get dedicated servers.

Last edited:

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
That's unfortunate to dislike the game so much because of some minor changes to one fighter out of over 70. But I understand, that wink was integral to the success of Super Smash Bros.
Yeah, because I'm going to sit here naming all the things wrong with this game I don't have anything else to do. Peach got copy pasted in to Smash but someone expects me just to use someone else and be happy about Peach's half hearted implication to this oh so perfect game...

invega

Smash Rookie
For offline players the game is great.
But there serveral points i dont like and MUST change

- A better ranked system
- Online multiplayer with friends (i cant even see if 1 of my friends is online lol)
- The Battle Arena is crap. To long waiting time.
- And the LAAAGS

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Like others have said, online mode is an embarrassment and complete mess. Every 5 seconds, a huge lag occurs and it throws off my focus. Nintendo really needs to get dedicated servers.
Imagine thinking any online 1v1 fighting games use dedicated servers lmao

Frankenstein_Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
FsteinGamn
Switch FC
6558-0854-8683
I'm loving it alot and can't wait for the patches to make it even better. Also hyped for who could be DLC

D

Deleted member

It took me a LONG time to get used to how the game played with its increased speed and new knockback physics, but I gotta say I'm really loving it so far. What do y'all think of it?
It really did take some getting used to... and I am a little disappointed by the singleplayer content, however the core gameplay is the finest Smash has ever been once I got to used to it. I haven't tried every newcomer yet, but the ones I've tried most (the Belmonts and K Rool) are an absolute blast to play.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wish it had come out ten years ago when I had plenty of free time and lived in a city with a thriving Smash community.

I can tell it's an awesome game. But practicing and mastering it, plus traveling to find new communities to try and get better, just doesn't seem like it's in the cards right now.

Top Bottom