• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think Kirby's matchup spread is?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Now that somebody made this matchup chart, I figured I'd ask what you think the matchup spread is for kirby. Here is mine.

upload_2015-10-25_13-34-22.png

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
:4drmario:: I disagree with the number. Doc may have slow mobility, alittle easier to gimp than Mario, and similar things that Kirby have on Mario, but Doc has damage output, can jiggle(not better than Mario), can kill Kirby earlier than Mario, frame data like Mario's, but can still keep up has better combo breaker moves and ko moves than Mario, Punishes can hurt Kirby more than Mario's if he screws up, Sheet to gimp Kirby's final cutter like Mario since he can't snap the easily with it, and can edgeguard better than Mario along with the tornado. This MU is even.

:4ganondorf:: Even because Ganon may hit harder, jiggle with up-air, gimp Kirby with d-air, b-air, and f-air, and has great damage output, but some of Ganon's attacks can be difficult to hit Kirby since he's small, Ganon's a large target for combos and set ups, Kirby can gimp Ganon's poor recovery as well, and can jiggle and pressure him.

I'll come back to the others, later. These are my opinions, but I do have good experience and knowledge, though. Plus, I main both :4drmario:&:4kirby:.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
:4gaw: is 60:40 him
:4sheik:lol I wished Sheik was even
:4villager: is 65:35 him or worse
:4shulk:is even or possibly 55:45 him; monados sound cool and all but if Kirby couldn't get them the matchup would be 65:35 him imo. But with them he could still do things like speed or jump monado to time out whatever monado we could need at the time.

just my 2 cents xD
Edit: Its also worth mentioning that even though matchup #s mean "everything", they can change at any time regardless of patches. I generally dislike matchup ratios because of this so my numbers are probably wrong. Its just that overall I see matchup ratios that are generally too even across the cast. I know Kirby has too many bad matchups (regardless of what people say) to at worst have only one 30:70 matchup.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4gaw: is 60:40
:4sheik:lol I wished Sheik was even
:4villager: is 65:35 or worse
:4shulk:is even or possibly 55:45 him; monados sound cool and all but if Kirby couldn't get them the matchup would be 65:35 imo. But with them he could still do things like speed or jump monado to time out whatever monado we could need at the time.

just my 2 cents xD
Which side is Kirby

Top Bottom