• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about my samus (Germany´s best samus)?

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I think your game up close is heavily relied on double jump aerials, if you were to face another player I think you would get shield grabbed to no tomorrow. I also think that you could do some up+b out of shield when playing on Corneria.

Other than that I like how you used missiles to force his recovery so you could dair him in some places.

7!11

Smash Cadet
A good samus can´t get shieldgrabbed very often, since there´s just a lag of seven frames and samus can easily space her aerials, but thanks for the comment though.

Watty

Smash Lord
you dindt do a variety of arials u juss spiked alot but....

what i could see was that u spiked to much, the person didnt know how to handle it but a more exp player would, and by that i mean up b u, up air you when go for ur second jump or juss WD back and forward smash when u go for the spike. More exp samus players also save there jump and dont come in high like that when off the edge.

7!11

Smash Cadet
Aniki often uses doublejumps as well. >_> I played alot of other smashers (including Helios) and I didn´t regret my playstyle. =)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Aniki is weird and I hate how his samus plays and can't understand how he wins so much. I love his link though.

Watty

Smash Lord
ur not aniki though, imj uss saying the samus u where playing did not know what to do, other people will

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watty is right. You cannot just take mindgames from someone..you have no idea what they are thinking. They could only be doing that to one person because they know it works well on them and then you could try it on someone else and they can completly punish you for it.

7!11

Smash Cadet
As I already said I don´t regret my playstyle (many Doublejumps, many dairs). I don´t try to fake Aniki, I have just recognized that doublejumps and dairs are very useful. I played many good smashers so I know that it works for me. Other samus players can find their own style that is most effective for them imo.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I didn't see a very good defense game from either samus. And the edgeguarding was sub par.

I can understand that you are trying to create your own style, which is fine and everything, but it has plenty of holes in it, so I guess you are still trying to perfect your own style?

However, I did like that you two played pretty smart, and by smart I mean, I didn't see any SWD to charge shot edgeguard attempts with triple bomb jumps to grapple canceled spikes. THAT type of style is getting tiring. So I'm glad you are at least headed in a good path.

Good fights.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol HUGS then you are going to hate how I play XD j/k.

But yeah seriously check your PM's man!!!

7!11

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the comment Hugs. I hope that I can record fights against Falco, Fox, Marth or Sheik the next weekend because samusdittos are boring.
What can I improve?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
A small suggestion. When you have your opponent in the air and stunned (like after one of your dairs) rather than dair them back into the ground try to go for sweet spotted bairs. If you feel you can't get off a sweet spotted bair go for a nair.

I think this would put you in a better position. Sweet spot bairs have really nice knock back, nairs are pretty good as well. Even if you're not trying to kill them it can knock them off the level and you can edge guard them (rather than keep them on the level).

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
A small suggestion. When you have your opponent in the air and stunned (like after one of your dairs) rather than dair them back into the ground try to go for sweet spotted bairs. If you feel you can't get off a sweet spotted bair go for a nair.

I think this would put you in a better position. Sweet spot bairs have really nice knock back, nairs are pretty good as well. Even if you're not trying to kill them it can knock them off the level and you can edge guard them (rather than keep them on the level).
The thing about giving advice like that is that it doesn't apply to every situation. While that DOES work in many situations, some options would be better.

Like I can argue with you and say that at low percentages getting the opponent in a fair/uair chain would be better. Or at mid percent perhaps you can pull off a weak bair to sweet spot bair combo, etc etc.

It may help a bit to give suggestions that are that specific, but sometimes it's better to be more general.

Like, how 7ill should work on his spacing and perhaps take different approaches to his arial game. Also, as far as edgeguarding goes, you seem to just let him return to the edge. Now this is actually the ideal approach to take at times, but not in the situations you did it.

Sometimes the point of edgeguarding is not to actually hit the opponent away, but to add pressure to the returning opponent and to limit his options so that you can act accordingly.

Example: Shooting missles, throwing ftilts out, shooting a charge shot.

While these options may not always hit, the fact that a charge shot/ftilt/missle is coming his way actually limits his recovery options. A charge shot, even if missed, limits the opponent to only being able to return from above the shot, or in some cases below. Either way, you cut his options by 50%, and it makes the job easier for you.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
Example: Shooting missles, throwing ftilts out, shooting a charge shot.

While these options may not always hit, the fact that a charge shot/ftilt/missle is coming his way actually limits his recovery options. A charge shot, even if missed, limits the opponent to only being able to return from above the shot, or in some cases below. Either way, you cut his options by 50%, and it makes the job easier for you.
Wow hugo good johns for why you cant land your charge shots and i never miss mine you fukkin newb

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Wow, hugs said everything I was thinking for the most part.

Maybe you should try some more nonairial based approaches.
I.E.: WD -> Fsmash or d/f-tilt, when playing another samus remember you can go all marth and ftilt through the missiles.

IMO: more options = more power WHERE character = samus

-deveyus' samus victory equation-

tatsuha

Smash Cadet
i'd just like to see some colour in the videos since the quality of youtube is limited and it can get hard to see at times >_>

i'd love to comment on your samus playing, but i think i'm too noob to be qualified to do so ^_^;;;

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
wow...so many dairs, aww my head hurts from watching so much repitition

Top Bottom