• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you predict will happen with smashboards in the next ten years?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah what do you think will happen in the course of the next ten years?

who would be the next top ten? Melee and brawl. Now that we are focusing more on tech, what might be missing in these years that we would need to remember?

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
A new game, Melee will become obsolete after being da bess for 8 more years, Ness goes up a tier and Samus goes down, plus brawl will finally get DLC

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
New game is obv, it could be better, it could be worse.

Considering the luck we have now, I'm guessing when brawl finally becomes obsolete, someone is going to find some fail safe way to always beat a meta knight.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Melee will still be alive and healthy.

Brawl will still be alive and healthy (too early to tell, but I think).

New Smash will be alive and healthy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
As long as I'm alive I'm sure melee will be alive. I mean it can't be dead till NONE of us play it... and if we didn't what else could we play?

That new zelda game on the wii? nah.

Arikags

Smash Cadet
vBrawl: Meta Knight gets temporarily banned, the tier list changes drastically, fewer people play as MK as a result.
Hacks: Brawl hacks become insanely advanced, while Nintendo keeps releasing system updates. They go so far, that PSA Tournaments become a regular thing. Sound changing becomes a possibility, making a model from scratch becomes easy as pie. Geno goes over R.O.B. and starts kicking *** in Tournies. Pichu is created and still loses.
Other Smash: No new smash games appear, simply because a wii successor will not happen. The economy goes into shreds and people play Smash to forget it all.
:D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You could hack melee sound/backgrounds/costumes too. But yeah, Hacks would be awesome if simpler to use haha. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We better have an extra copy of melee to be dug up with us in our graves...

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
If only they made an online version of it that doesn't require none of that **** for your computer

Then I'd finally get to use Kirby in actuality (I love SSB Kirby. It was the BEST Kirby imo)

You don't even have to install anything. It's all self-contained in a few folders. It's not gonna eat your computer.

64 Kirby is so bad, though. The only reason he's any good is because his hitboxes are like a foot away from his body.

Tacel

Smash Lord
502s will take over and a new website will have to be made.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Unless Melee becomes like the new chess or DnD which doesn't really ever die, then every smash game will eventually stop being played by all but a few.

64 and Brawl just don't have as many options as Melee does. So they eventually stop being played by all but a few.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You don't even have to install anything. It's all self-contained in a few folders. It's not gonna eat your computer.

64 Kirby is so bad, though. The only reason he's any good is because his hitboxes are like a foot away from his body.
Really? Well, I would't have the controller to use it anyways

That, and I just love how his UpB is so fatal as compared to Brawl and Melee Kirby

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Smash should start pulling tactics from Street Fighter "Super smash bros brawl turbo alpha II Charlie Bravo".... Unless it does smashboards might die. But I highly doubt that because we all know wwe'll have at least one more smash game. If that's done right we might be playing the same game for the rest of our lives and smashboards will never die.

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
Nintendo vs. Capcom is released and sends waves of shock throughout the gaming community.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
ADHD will continue to troll.

Meta Knight will continue to be da bess.

Ally will continue to live to ridiculous percents.

Ganondorf will continue to improve his metagame. Perhaps we'll start evening matchups.

Pikachu boards will continue to be scoffable.

Ice Climbers will continue to chaingrab.

Mewtwo will continue to not be in Brawl.

Smash64 will continue to be played by few.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
M2K will become the next Ken when the next Smash comes out. He'll play one tourney of it for fun, get second, then retire.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
SSB4 will come out and it will be less technical than Brawl. You'll then have a bunch of salty Brawl vets saying SSB4 sucks, and then massive debates will go on and people will continue cursing Sakurai's name.

The userbase will spike dramatically and people will insult those who joined on the year of SSB4's release like 08ers with Brawl, and Melee players will wave their canes reiterating that only their game is any good and that all other games in the Smash series suck.

Despite the fact that Ankoku is really smart and should be an SMod, he will not receive said promotion. The Back Room will still have exactly the same members since they don't like having anyone new, and the room will be turned into nothing but baby picture threads.

sasukebowser, Inui, or myself will have the highest non hax post count. Xiivi will still have no friends, and Mic_128 will overdose on human growth hormone and reach 6'11".

Top Bottom