• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do when the Smash Ball appears while you're playing Brawl as ZSS?

What do you do when a Smash Ball appears

• Quit the match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Aw, Brawl. The Smash game with the most transformation characters and the one that introduced the concept of Final Smashes. Samus's transformation to Zero Suit Samus and vice versa is triggered by her Final Smash. And while Samus's Zero Laser is so awesome as she blasts everyone in front of her with a giant laser before destroying her armor. However, Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash sucks because it just makes you change into the classic Samus and doesn't have enough range to hurt anyone. Samus and Zero Suit Samus have completely different playstyles and could be awkward for some people to change in the middle of a match. And Zero Suit Samus is higher on the tier list than regular Samus. And some people like playing as ZSS for her sexyness and would hate it when she's hidden under the bulky masculine armor that got people mistaking her for a man. And when collecting character Trophies from Classic Mode and All-Star mode and you are trying to get ZSS's trophy because you already have the Samus trophy, you'd probably not want to get changed by a Final Smash or you'd end up with the wrong trophy. Or maybe you're just playing a match and really want to stay as the character you picked. Either way, the Smash Ball would come out and you would be in big trouble when you really don't want to change. Thankfully, Smash 4 removed transformations because of the 3DS limitations and Ultimate made the transformations exclusive to the Pokémon Trainer because of how much better the characters were without the transformations and Pokémon Trainer was the only character who needed it. But going back to Brawl, what do you do when you're playing as Zero Suit Samus and the Smash Ball appears?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
My Brawl days were a while ago, but I think I would most likely grab it, use it, and play the rest of the match as regular Samus. I see Zero Suit Samus and regular Samus as one, so switching "forms" doesn't really bug me. Besides, I recall never really being able to perform the taunt trick all that well.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Yeah, that taunt trick is hard. I've never successfully changed with the taunts when I tried. Maybe my muscles are too slow? But because I like Zero Suit Samus, I would avoid the Smash Ball and try to dodge the opponents Final Smash. At least Mario's FS is so easy to dodge. It's funny when Marth's Critical Hit becomes an Epic Fail.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I don't think I've ever played with Smash Balls while using ZSS tbh, but I did occasionally do the taunt trick sometimes so I'd be fine switching regardless. Though from what I've seen, transformation aside, ZSS's one seems to be a bit sucky on the offensive side, but better than giving it away or not using it.

Top Bottom