• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do vs Joker?

remilia

Smash Cadet
Right now I'm pretty much a solo Duck Hunt main, with GnW as a secondary for especially bad matchups (see: Snake). I've had a handle on most characters to some extent, even if some are really hard. Even my hardest matchups I've managed to find ways around or to adapt to in order to at least get them usually down to 1 stock. However, Joker... Well, it seems like the best strategy is to just SD three times because it'll pretty much be the same result. I have no idea what to do against him. Projectiles just fuel his meter to make arsene come out faster, he is very nimble and hard to hit with anything even if he doesn't down b, his counter when arsene is out comes out fast and does insane damage to both projectiles and regular attacks, he can run under my clay pigeon most of the time, it is hard to escape his combos, and god forbid he has arsene out and I happen to be offstage.
So far the only strategy I have working to some extent is to try and bait the down b to get a grab in, but once they pick up on that it's very easy for them to avoid it.
So uh... what do you do?
Joker is very popular in the current meta and I keep having tournament brackets destroyed where I'm otherwise doing pretty good just because I have the misfortune of running into Joker. I honestly think this is DH's absolute worst matchup. I'd love to hear any strategies you have that have been successful.

(Also please don't say "play a different character" I have trouble as GnW vs Joker too since he has anti-juggle tools and I'm trying to pick up Wii Fit again to deal with him, but right now I'm looking for Duck Hunt advice specifically)

EnigmaticNerd

Smash Rookie
To fight Joker all you need to do is....

step one: assume fetal position
Step two: cry.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Against Joker... I usually do my best. Sometimes I win, and sometimes I lose.

Riot Frenzy

Smash Rookie
We now have EVO footage of the best Duck Hunt vs the best Joker. I would just study that and try to do your best at this point in the meta.

Top Bottom