• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do mii players do?

UrbanPwner

Smash Rookie
NNID
corbin1xo
3DS FC
3583-0473-0211
I mean, most of the time miis are banned or limited to 1111 sooooo, are mii players in like a closed off community or do they have tourneys with miis that can use any moveset?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I mean, most of the time miis are banned or limited to 1111 sooooo, are mii players in like a closed off community or do they have tourneys with miis that can use any moveset?
i rarely ever go to tours and my friends undterstand swordfiddle (hyperbole) is garbage without special

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
With how much the Mii players have been trying speak out to improve rulesets, I'd like to think we're not a closed off community. It's just that our community has been pretty small due to the unreliability of our characters' access in the competitive scene. That is, people don't want to pick up a character that they may not even be able to use in tournament play, which I totally understand.

For me personally, I'm going to the tournament in my area that allow Miis with rulesets other than 1111 and not usually bothering with the others which don't. Unfortunately, several Mii mains don't have the same luxury, so our discussion has been pretty sparse since there's so few of us left that are still actively playing Miis competitively, and Anther's Ladder isn't really helping the matter since you can only use 1111 in ranked play.

However, with KTAR XVII and Shots Fired 2 on the horizon running the MLG Mii rules, I'm still hopeful that Miis will see a breath of new life iin the future.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
i rarely ever go to tours and my friends undterstand swordfiddle (hyperbole) is garbage without special
I think 1111 is absolutely fine. In fact Swordie is probably the mii fighter with the best overall special moves, since any set is decent, for the most part. I also think it complements itself well, such as up B 1 not having a lot fo horizontal range, but being a fast ledge-snapper recovery vertically, while side B 1 covers the horizontal part with probably the best horizontal recovery move ever. Neutral B 1 provides a decent projectile that beats out most other projectiles, and sends opponents upwards, for upair juggles. Counter...eh, its there.

Also hopefully one day there will be a unified standardized mii legality proposal such as standard size 1111, even, just so every place HAS mii legality, and people stop treating them like they're not characters lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom