• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do i need to learn before i have a chance in unranked slippy

Mule123

Smash Rookie
Sense slippy is my only way to play melee where i live i want to know the skill level there and what level i need to be at.
Rn i know just the basics (short hops, fast falling, wave dashing and l-canceling) i don't know much about anything else.

Chalcopterus

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LORD#687
I'm bad and I beat over half of my opponents. Just play and analyze your pitfalls.

Having said that, I wouldn't bother purusuing an optimal situation, butyour best possible situation. If playing people IRL isn't an option, assuming that this is optimal, then look for other options. Or just directly connect with other newbies to play on Slippi. Such as myself.

Last edited:

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
Sense slippy is my only way to play melee where i live i want to know the skill level there and what level i need to be at.
Rn i know just the basics (short hops, fast falling, wave dashing and l-canceling) i don't know much about anything else.
just get into it, training by yourself isn't all of the work, neutral is essential and sweating too hard on tech skill won't bring you anything, try to balance between playing on unranked, analysing your games and using Uncle Punch's training mod

Top Bottom