• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do I do against Rosalina and Luma?

WatchfulComa24

Smash Cadet
NNID
rce2002
Rosa is a popular character and I know the MU is terrible for DK because of Luma...what can I do to make it as even as possible

Tea Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
TeaMan99
3DS FC
2406-5404-2496
Use the Super armor frames on Dk's Grounded Up B to plow through luma

DongofDelaware72

Smash Rookie
NNID
KingTrollzor72
3DS FC
1950-9522-6802
Typically when I fight Rosalina, my main objective is to get rid of Luma as fast as possible. Most Rosa players act scared when they don't have Luma on their side, so use that time wisely to get the stock. Approach Rosalina with b-airs or even do a dash attack. Even when Rosa guards, Luma will still get hit and fly away.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina is definitely tricky because of how vital grabs are for DK. Ftilt and dtilt are your bread and butter moves for poking Luma from a safe distance, and down B is also a good option. Up B shreds Luma pretty well, but the usual caveats apply to throwing it out in neutral. Overall, I think the strategy against Rosa is basically poke Luma to death, run in and go for the grab, rinse and repeat. And stay out of the air unless you like staying up there.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
I also need major help with this mu. Sure noob Rosas will get scared when Luma is gone but good Rosas know that they still have an advantage over us. Bair spacing is almost non existent and any real attempts to get in can be stifled by a shield.

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
Not a DK player (Link main) but knowing how powerful DK's garbs are you can try to either isolate Rosetta (Rosa) from Cheeko (Luma) and take advantage of her light weight and floaty nature by way of grab to aerial combos, or just punish Cheeko hard and play Defense , DK can live for longer than most other characters so use every ounce of your obcene survivability and kill power to make Rosetta regret every attempt and her usuall shenanigans.

At least that's how I fight her as Link,

TL,DR
As a heavy you live longer and hit harder, kill the pillow and make every one of the following ten seconds count.

Last edited:
Top Bottom