• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What DLC characters do you think require any form of skill?

Skill?

• Piranha Plant

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Joker

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Hero

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Banjo & Kazooie

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Terry

• Byleth

• Min-Min

• Steve

• Sephiroth

• Pyra & Mythra

• Sora

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Kazuya

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
I personally think Steve and pretty much only Steve. A lot of the others can just spam and win, especially Pyra & Mythra. Joker needs some skill as well, until Arsene lol, my Pyra & Mythra had more GSP than my Steve at one point because they don't require much skill, Banjo is just wonderwing + grenades for most Banjo players, Hero is RNG, Terry is a maybe because of his special inputs, but I still picked up the character and immediately got good at him. Byleth, uh, we'll move on. Min-Min just camps on the other side of the stage, recently beat a Sephiroth but then he just began spamming and won, and Sora, Plant, and Kazuya are too new to me too decide.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Now I've made up my mind on Plant.

The answer is no.

He is also just the B button.

Last edited:

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
Dont All of them require skill against actually good opponents?

There’s a difference between skill floor and skill ceiling. When people say a character is easy, they usually mean the skill floor - not the ceiling.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Indeed. Let's look at non DLC too. Little Mac casually might be seen as spam dash and smash attacks while competitively, he requires a lot of skill to be competent with.

You can get your cookie cutter Sora moves, spam Min Min smash attack, roll the die for RNG, but there is more to be done with them.

Also, in what world are Banjo and Kazooie spam to win? Their only real move like that has a finite number of uses a stock. If you lose to grenade spam, that's more on you. Also, just outright skipping the Byleths doesn't help your case. Terry is a FGC so his inputs alone add a level of skill execution for better and worse, and Kazuya, as much as I loathe him, probably requires the most skill, or at least the most different skillset, to use effectively. Also, calling Plant too new when its the oldest DLC.

Generally speaking, if you lose to spam, that's on you, don't blame the fighter if you don't force them to adapt.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
(Called plant too new because I had just purchased him lol.) TBH these threads were me getting massive strife built up because of stress from school, combined with having to fight so many annoying players online. Yes, all of them do require skill, I was just getting really, really mad at how many spammers I was fighting, I also hadn't learnt any block set-ups to block the spam from reaching me, so none of what I had in my arsenal could penetrate the better range of the others besides gold-powered minecart, and that gets very predictable, and I likely wouldn't have gold in the first place because of me not knowing good block setups to get good mining time in

Top Bottom