• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What direction do you think 3D Sonic should go in?

Which 3D style should be used going forward?

• Adventure

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Boost

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Adventure/Boost mix

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Lost World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heroes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something new

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Whichever direction leads to playing as Big the Cat with his Heroes gameplay. Sonic World is a fangame that's right up my alley for reference and does the kind of thing I like about Adventure with character variety and big, somewhat open levels that multiple characters can play through.
I would also like Big to be a smasher. He has plenty of moveset potential, even if you are mostly looking at Heroes, his size, power and color would make a nice contrast to the aesthetic and playstyles of of other Sonic representatives, and I just see his fishing pole and umbrella as being fun tools to use. To garner greater popularity, I think he should make more prominent roles in Sonic games too.

D

Deleted member

glad everyone who voted in the poll can at least agree lost world sucks

also the boost games are good, no need to change to formula

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
TBH I don't like boost games.

They all pretty much share all their exact same gimmicks throughout the whole game.

Boost, rail grind, air hoops, drift, quick-step, ziplines, slide under tunnel, and cannons.

That's it.

Not to mention how it's a budget drainer, since every level has to accommodate the use of this move. And they have to be humongous, not to mention, less creative.

I was excited about Lost World because it looked refreshing, and added parkour. Shame it turned out not so great.

But then it was back to boost with Forces. I skipped on it entirely because of this alone.

I really hope the go back to the Adventure formula with a modern-day fine tune and polish. Boost got way too stale for me.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
TBH I don't like boost games.

They all pretty much share all their exact same gimmicks throughout the whole game.

Boost, rail grind, air hoops, drift, quick-step, ziplines, slide under tunnel, and cannons.

That's it.

Not to mention how it's a budget drainer, since every level has to accommodate the use of this move. And they have to be humongous, not to mention, less creative.

I was excited about Lost World because it looked refreshing, and added parkour. Shame it turned out not so great.

But then it was back to boost with Forces. I skipped on it entirely because of this alone.

I really hope the go back to the Adventure formula with a modern-day fine tune and polish. Boost got way too stale for me.
personally I just find the boost gameplay super fun and satisfying to complete, generations boost gameplay is actually my favorite gameplay style in the series.

but yeah you definently made the right call on skipping forces.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
personally I just find the boost gameplay super fun and satisfying to complete, generations boost gameplay is actually my favorite gameplay style in the series.

but yeah you definently made the right call on skipping forces.
Maybe have Boost in just some Sections this would be the Best of both worlds

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Is ther some Easy way you can play my Sonic Zones???
Maybe i can Copy the Worlds or Something i mean theyre not Perfect but probably still better than Forces!
Maybe i start now with the Tails, Knuckles (hunting) and the 1 Amy Stage

Top Bottom