• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What dat Marth do

Guide What dat Marth do

Kid Alchemy

Smash Rookie
Kid Alchemy submitted a new guide:

What dat Marth do - A guide of Marth's options

Sup everybody its Kid Alchemy here with a guide on Marth. Before we get started I wanna say that this wont be your usual guide. While most guides give a complete moveset overview, character strategies, and possibly matchups this guide will be different. Let me know what you think of my guide's structure and content in the comments please. And without further or do, Marth.

Marth is a character that requires precise spacing and a certain level of finese to play. Here are his pros and cons....
Read more about this guide...

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
While this guide is quite detailed and accurate you over-emphasize dolphin slash and shield breaker as viable options in Marth gameplay. You also don't address some of marth's biggest advantages such as the counter and easy combos like f-air f-air d-air. Also, marth really can't be a full-on attack character anymore, but you seem to have written this guide as a mostly offensive minded guide. Aside from those errors, your facts were accurate and your level of in depth analysis is excellent

Kid Alchemy

Smash Rookie
I didn't include the fair fair to dair because it wont work on most competent players. And I did talk about his counter in the edgeguarding and recovering sections. How else do you use counter personally because I usually only use it for edgeguarding. I tend not to use it in neutral cause people with bait it out and punish. And I'm actually an extremely passive Marth, I just made this guide for all playstyles of Marth. But to you what about it came across as offensive?

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
I didn't include the fair fair to dair because it wont work on most competent players. And I did talk about his counter in the edgeguarding and recovering sections. How else do you use counter personally because I usually only use it for edgeguarding. I tend not to use it in neutral cause people with bait it out and punish. And I'm actually an extremely passive Marth, I just made this guide for all playstyles of Marth. But to you what about it came across as offensive?
I use it when they're using a powerful attack like falcon kick or some such easily predictable attack

Kid Alchemy

Smash Rookie
I don't really get what you mean when you say its attack oriented considering I covered both offensive and defensive options. And the Ken combo that you're referring to isnt effective. Fair no longer has the hitstun to combo into another fair reliably. You would have to read airdodges or they would have to literally do nothing.

Top Bottom