• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Color Link do you use (and why)?

Winter_Sun

Smash Rookie
Sup guys, just wondering what color you choose as Link.

I generally go with the blue Zora tunic in the spirit of my boy Mikau. I also like the standard green as well. I will switch it up according to how I am feeling, and also based on what color my opponent is (I choose a color that is different from my opponent).

-Winter_Sun

Thor

Smash Champion
I think there's actually a proper thread for this somewhere (I haven't posted on it cuz I'm probably not good enough to warrant being on the list, but whatever).

I use black, green, and red in that order (if there are 3 other Links I usually wonder what's going on and switch to someone else just because I don't care). I like Black just cuz I think it makes him look somewhat tougher/cooler (but not in Brawl - creepy eyes). Green is a classic/the default and I tend to use default costumes. I use red in SSB 64 (or green there) and so some of that carried over with me to Melee when I play it, although I don't think his red looks as good in SSBM.

It's really all a matter of preference anyway. Teams I prefer red or green (but go blue if my teammate cares, since it matters somewhat less to me than actually getting to play).

SYickX

Smash Cadet
I've always played red because it is the best tunic in the Zelda games!
It's the second level of defense over lavender in Zelda 1.
It's the strongest tunic in LttP.
It's the only tunic that prevents damage in OoT.
It's the shield spell in Zelda 2.

In other words, Goron/Lv. 2 ring/Red Mail/Shield Spell is the most varied and useful tunic in Zelda history.

SAUS

Smash Ace
Black, red, and green.

I played black originally because it looks cool and you never got to see link in a black tunic before.

Red's my favourite colour, so I've been playing with that a lot lately.

I like green link because it's classic.

I switch them all up now and I usually change colour when I want to forget how terribly I did in the previous match lol

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Blue cause its the most majestic for him. And I always choose blue at all times lol

AutomobileV

Smash Rookie
Definitely reppin' the Fire tunic.
It's so that when I hit myself with a bomb, it does less damage because of my fire resistance

SAUS

Smash Ace
Definitely reppin' the Fire tunic.
It's so that when I hit myself with a bomb, it does less damage because of my fire resistance
Don't forget all the fire moves that other characters have :p It even gives resistance to falcon punch!

Also, I started only using the green Link. He just looks good in green (imo, of course). Also, I don't think very many people use the green one.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Red Link, because the Goron tunic is my favorite tunic color in OoT

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
Green and blue.
Green because like others, it's classic, and blue because it's my favorite color (Lots of other alts that I play are blue- Sheik, Roy, Falco, and Dorf).

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Red Link. My brother plays Young Link so we both went to our first tournament in matching hats and matching red mains. :)

Pinkie_Pie

Smash Rookie
I have always used green just because its the original and that looks the best in my opinion not to mention its really under rated I rarely see anyone use it besides me

Tristan's Rule

The Link of SoCal
Slippi.gg
RULE#492
White, although i've been testing with blue and black too
TIL that other link mains like more than one Link color and not just one, unlike other character mains

Freon most_dope

Smash Cadet
White link, I never played LoZ so I picked the one that looked cool. Player 3 or bust, yellow is just to good.

[yung] Link

Smash Cadet
NNID
herooftimelink
i use green because my tag is link for smash and everything else including steam, so all of my online friends view me as link sitting behind a computer, and it wouldn't make sense for link to be anything but green, right?

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
I typically switch between white and black. I do this to usually have contrast like Black Link on Dreamland or Yoshi's Story and White on BF, FoD, PS, and FD. If I had to choose, I would pick white since the color looks cool. I really wish they would give him a light blue tunic though, not counting mods.

Salted_Rain

Smash Rookie
Red or Green. Red because I would always play teams with my cousin in my childhood and Green because you can't go wrong with the original. Also Christmas because red and green.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I play Black at all times. Black Link is just so awesome.

......*looks at username*

... o3o

Top Bottom