• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What color GameCube controller do you primarily use?

What color GameCube controller do you primarily use?

• Total voters

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
What color GameCube controller do you primarily use? I always use the only GC controller I own, a black Smash Bros. edition GC controller that I bought of Amazon for $22 and was imported from Japan.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
The black, Smash one. I bought it off Amazon because the one I got with my GC had a loose analog stick.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Indigo. It's my first GC controller and it's still going strong without any issues. My black controller from the Smash 4 bundle is still unused. I have a wavebird as well but that's more for casual play on the couch.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Smash controller for Melee, Wavebird for literally everything else.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I use a black one. It was the easiest to find on amazon. I would like to get a custom controller someday tho...

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
A black and white controller. It was still good after fixing some screws in the controller.

D

Deleted member

I use a jet black controller. I used to have a platinum one long ago, but then a dog chewed the cord.

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
I still have them, my two Gameboys (I don't get why everyone's broke I think its because I have Gameboy Advanced SPs). One is Silver and the other is burgundy/ red. I got two because... I actually don't know why. I played two games when I was a obsessed kid with it (so obsessed my I hid it in my room and sneakily played it so my parents didn't know and I never got caught lol :)) I played three games constantly: Star wars episode 3, Pokémon Leafgreen, and Sonic the hedgehog advanced rush 5(or something like that). Those were good but I've been having this to this day. I have no video game friends, except a few on my ps4 (I want friends dam***) I don't know why one minute we play together and the next we are just a spot on our friends list.
I have these games for the 3ds that I really play with friends (yes I have a plain 3ds):
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (get sort of pumped for generations) This is where I need the most friends
Kirby Fighters Deluxe
FANTASY LIFE (this game is amazing here is a link to see for yourself http://fantasylife.nintendo.com/ )

Last edited:

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Used to be the indigo controller with the transparent back, but since the control stick has just deteriorated over the years (1/3 of the grooves are smoothed out and the upper dead zones are wonky), I'm using the black Smash Bros. controller that came with the bundle.
I'm so attached to that controller now. I refuse to use the other GCN controllers since I feel so awesome with that extra-long cord. Until it tangles.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Black, since that's what I've just simply been using. Had it since I got a GameCube and I've had no issues with it. Also have 2 indigo and 2 Wavebirds lying around for when friends come over.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Orange primary. Its nice and beat up. I have the black pad too, but it feels too stiff

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I use my indigo one for matches I go full tryhard in, and my slightly broken silver one for just casuals. The c stick rubber was peeling off so it has a mass of tape on the c stick lol.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Before Smash WiiU came out, my primary controller was a half purple half clear controller, which I've had for so long I don't even remember how I got it. Hell I don't remember how I got half my controllers they're all just sorta there for some dumb reason. I have a silver one I don't even remember owning, and a pure purple one I'm pretty sure I held onto from a friend of mine and he never needed it back and I forgot I took it from him.

Now since another friend ordered me a white Smash edition controller that's been my primary choice.

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
I use a Platinum controller that came in a GCN bundle I bought at GameStop, 10 years ago.

As some might expect, it's a bit messed up, but decent enough to still be used.

only platinum controller user in this thread...rip

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
I use a platinum because it was the one that I've been using all my life.

I plan to eventually get a custom Genesis 3 controller but I would kill for the Char Aznable one. Long live Zeon

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Platinum. I had the Gamecube controller for quite some time and it still works. :)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I use the black Smash Bros. edition of the controller that came with the game I preordered. I bought another one for my sister to use.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The Black Smash Bros Edition Controller I got in the bundle when it was first released. Before that, it was just a black one I had for years.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I don't remember the orange one being called spice, I love that. That's the color I use. I named it Tangerine Magic.

Last edited:

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
I use one with a white Smash top and an indigo bottom usually. I swapped the shells around on my Gamecube controllers to make them unique. I also have a black Smash top with a white bottom and an indigo top with a black bottom that has the springs removed from the triggers.

Thinking about buying another white Smash controller and painting the bottom blue and swapping it with the indigo bottom.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
This one:
Lmao but really, I collect gamecube controllers and I have ton to choose from. I will be modding a Pearl White as soon as I receive it tho, as it's my favorite controller.

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
I love my Indigo/Clear. I did get it off of amazon used, and its main joystick moves REALLY easily (which some people think it's a problem). Oddly enough, I love how slippery and quick the stick is.
The C-stick has a lump on it which gives it some character and I've actually gotten so used to it that normal C-sticks don't feel quite right.
It's my tournament go-to controller and it feels and looks perfect to me. Idk I'm kinda going overboard with this but for a long time now I have needed a place to bask in the transcendent glory of my controller.

EDIT: also, I kind of wish clear and starlight gold controllers still existed. They're awesome and I never got how they were so rare

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
What color GameCube controller do you primarily use? I always use the only GC controller I own, a black Smash Bros. edition GC controller that I bought of Amazon for $22 and was imported from Japan.
Platinum. It's the one I've had since I first got my GameCube. Although sometimes I use the black Sm4sh edition and the plain black.

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
I used to use the indigo controller, as that was the only one I had at the time, but ever since I got the White Smash Bros. controller as a gift, I've been currently using it.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to have an Indigo controller, but the controller I use is a Smash 4 controller with a smiley face drawn on the logo. Endearing, eh?

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
The black Super Smash Bros. Edition controller and I fully expected to see it as the most common controller on here. Though I am a little bit surprised it's by a very slim margin.

I also have an orange one that I like to use, but pressing the A button on it doesn't feel right.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Welp there's no ascii keyboard option, so other it is. Just got a nasty yellowed one in the mail, in-box and everything. I thought it was brand new. Currently omw to grab some 91% isopropyl alcohol at the drug store.

To-do List

Get ascii keyboard controller
Change tag to keyboard warrior
win

Synnett

Alligator Lord
whats wrong with wavebird?
It's a bit taboo as people think it's not optimal. While there is no noticeable lag, it's better not to use it in case you run out of batteries during a set lmao.

For now I'm using a Pearl White front with a Symphonic Green back, as I noticed my trigger on my Pearl White was broken so I changed it for now - but it looks good so I might keep it this way.

Top Bottom