• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character would you have as the final character?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A character who would make the game go out with a bang, like Mr. G&W in Melee. Someone with cultural, fan, or canonical power significance, y'know?

Of my most wanted characters Waluigi and Space Invader would make the most sense, the prior being a character so popular even major publications reported on the exclusion of, and the latter basically being THE symbol of gaming.

Another character I'm not as big on who could make sense for this sort of role would be Kratos - Sony rep and extremely powerful in-universe.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I think Geno would be a great choice for the final character.

He has a dedicated fan base, moveset potential, came from the SNES classic, and he doubles as a rep for both Mario and Square-Enix. I think Geno would be a great choice for being the final character in Ultimate.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wowza rise in terms of almost everyone: Master Chief.

Myself wise: Either Shantae or Geno, probably Geno since he has been requested for over 20 years along with :ultridley:, :ultkrool:, and :ultbanjokazooie: and has carried the touch along with these characters for a great chunk of the Smash fanbase's history in terms of popular requests. It will be a end of a era once Geno finally get's in and I believe whther he is next or last, he will be in FP2.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
The one popular character that skirts the line between third and fourth party. Simultaneously a massive rule break and not a huge stretch at all. Someone that would cause confusion, anger, happiness, hope, despair, any emotion you can think of. A multimedia icon in Japan, and no slouch in the rest of the world either with a scheduled performance at THE quintessential musical festival.

I'm of course talking about the vivacious vocaloid herself, Hatsune Miku!

I honestly can't think of a (feasible) character that would break the internet harder. That isn't to say she's likely at all and might even be disqualified due to the nature of her existence, but to me, she's right on the line of feasibility. It all comes down to whether Sakurai considers her an actual video game character or piece of software on the same level as Mavis Beacon.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'd love to see the final reveal be a big ol' shock reveal.
Fighter Pass 11. The Nintendo Direct is finally here, after all this time.
The shot opens on the sky, filled with clouds and stuff. It's silent. Serene. And then, a Leviathan comes into shot.
Cue the Rex and Pyra reveal.
However... there's more. They look out, and through a lens - something, or someone, rockets up through the clouds, glowing with energy, and then floats in front of the sun, making them practically a silhouette, but a silhouette with incredibly spiky hair, and glowing blue with chi energy.
Cue... the Goku reveal. The secret 12th Fighter, who no-one ever realistically predicted, but the perfect way to end the Ultimate Smash Bros.
The fans would lose their ****, the weebs would lose their ****, and it would be such an off-the-wall but yet poetic reveal that I'd love to see it - and it would work ridiculously well as a final reveal.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
The shot opens on the sky, filled with clouds and stuff. It's silent. Serene. And then, a Leviathan comes into shot.
However... there's more. They look out, and through a lens - something, or someone, rockets up through the clouds, glowing with energy, and then floats in front of the sun, making them practically a silhouette, but a silhouette with incredibly spiky hair, and glowing blue with chi energy.
Cue... the Goku reveal. The secret 12th Fighter, who no-one ever realistically predicted, but the perfect way to end the Ultimate Smash Bros.
The fans would lose their ****, the weebs would lose their ****, and it would be such an off-the-wall but yet poetic reveal that I'd love to see it - and it would work ridiculously well as a final reveal.

Personnaly I don't mind the order of the reveals. In my most wanted, there is Isaac and Joanna Dark, but I don't think they would blow up the Internet, so I don't know.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
titan

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Master Chief. Not only would he be one of the most impactful, "WOW!" reveals in Smash history, and could finally break the tradition of a disappointing last reveal, but his tagline could be "Master Chief Finishes the Fight!" and I think that's just too perfect.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Master Chief. Not only would he be one of the most impactful, "WOW!" reveals in Smash history, and could finally break the tradition of a disappointing last reveal, but his tagline could be "Master Chief Finishes the Fight!" and I think that's just too perfect.
I don't think it would be a "more impactful, 'WOW!' reveal" than, say, Sonic's or Snake's.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I don't think it would be a "more impactful, 'WOW!' reveal" than, say, Sonic's or Snake's.
Yeah, maybe not the most impactful, but he'd be top 5, easy. He has zero Nintendo significance to speak of and is essentially the mascot of a competing brand. That's a huge reveal no matter which way you slice it. On top of that, since Smash tends to blow its load early, people expecting a weak finale (i.e Corrin/Bayo, Incineroar, Byleth) would get a huge surprise.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I have several ideas.

1. Geno - He is the last remaining big long-term requested character after Ridley, K. Rool and and Banjo. He is an underdog and is fit to be the final send-off for a game like this.

2. Crash Bandicoot - One of the biggest universally requested characters, Crash has a legacy, Nintendo history, he used to be a direct rival to Sonic and Mario, and has popularity in both the East and West. He would be a heck of a way to end the DLC.

3. Master Chief/Kratos - I put these two together because having the mascot of Xbox or PlayStation be in Smash Bros would be insane and the ultimate rejection toward the console wars. Plus Chief and Kratos are great characters with interesting movesets. They would be a crazy finale to ultimate.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I have three ideas here, only getting less plausible and realistic as they go:
1. Master Chief Finishes the Fight! This one has been discussed to death, but if your talking earth shattering reveal that still technically exists within the realm of reality(Microsoft is in the Smash Bros. credits now remember), this is the way to go. He's a rival companies literal poster boy, has zero Nintendo connection, and is adored by casual fans and hardcore gamers alike. Its just too perfect, gives me literal chills thinking about it.

2. Goku. I know, I know. But is there any better way to literally break the internet than to put Goku in Smash Bros? It would be the Smash addition to end all Smash additions. I mean literally, you couldn't ever top it, so it would have to be the last one ever, which means no more Smash games. I mean, where could you possibly go from there. Oh here's Goku, but now where putting in Toad. It just doesn't work. But the hype would be legendary. Also, Goku has a presence on Nintendo systems, they even made a special anniversary Famicom featuring Kid Goku.

3. James Bond. Now here's the real surprise. One of the most popular and best selling N64 games, virtually the only top selling game IP that Nintendo has ever published that is not represented in Smash Bros in some way. Even Banjo is here now. I literally can't fathom a bigger surprise then ending the Ultimate version of Smash Bros with the character that has been right under everyone's noses the whole time. It would probably be the most insane, complicated gaming deal of all time, but potentially, the perfect feather in the cap for the now certified video game hall of fame.

Bonus: Scorpion or Sub-Zero. If you want to talk about legacy, there are few game franchises with more legacy than Mortal Kombat. A game so popular and so violent that it literally led to the creation of the ESRB which changed the landscape of video games forever. If that doesn't warrant a spot in the video game hall of fame, what does? Plus, can you imagine starting off a smash trailer and suddenly hearing "Get over here!!!" Shock factor at its finest.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I have 2 answers:

1. Master Chief for the hype factor. I mean Idc about him or Halo and wouldn't buy him but theirs no denying he would get the biggest "pop" and have Ultimate go out with a bang for majority of the audience.

2. Balloon Fighter as a tribute to Iwata. Since Ultimate was Iwata's last request to Sakurai, it would be sweet for Sakurai to end the Ultimate train as one last tribute to Iwata himself. I would love his reveal trailer ended with "In loving memory of Iwata-san!" Plus a retro character would be nice and seem kinda fitting like "This is where Smash started and this is where it ends as a history of Nintendo throughout the ages" type deal.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I have 2 answers:

1. Master Chief for the hype factor. I mean Idc about him or Halo and wouldn't buy him but theirs no denying he would get the biggest "pop" and have Ultimate go out with a bang for majority of the audience.

2. Balloon Fighter as a tribute to Iwata. Since Ultimate was Iwata's last request to Sakurai, it would be sweet for Sakurai to end the Ultimate train as one last tribute to Iwata himself. I would love his reveal trailer ended with "In loving memory of Iwata-san!" Plus a retro character would be nice and seem kinda fitting like "This is where Smash started and this is where it ends as a history of Nintendo throughout the ages" type deal.
Okay, Balloon Fighter HAS to get a chance! I'd love to see his moveset become playable. Sure, he came from one game like the other NES characters, but he would actually be fun to play as! :awesome:

Okay, here are my choices:
1. Rayman
2. Shantae
3. Crash Bandicoot

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
A character that transcends gaming.
Suggestions:

Lara Croft
Sora
Scorpion
Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy
Angry Birds
Frogger

Okay, Balloon Fighter HAS to get a chance! I'd love to see his moveset become playable. Sure, he came from one game like the other NES characters, but he would actually be fun to play as! :awesome:
Balloon Fight had a sequel, Balloon Kid, not to mention an E-Reader game, dozens of ports, and a game in Nintendo Land.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You don't finish with the big bang. Observation should've told you this much.

Fighter Pass 1, Joker and Banjo where arguably seen as the biggest , most hyped additions. Byleth was the last one here, and people where very divided about them.
Smash 4 DLC- the hype wasn't topped after Mewtwo, maybe only Cloud came close. Corrin was last again, and people where quite upset, moreso than with Byleth.

Lenidem

Smash Lord

Fighter Pass 1, Joker and Banjo where arguably seen as the biggest , most hyped additions. Byleth was the last one here, and people where very divided about them.
Smash 4 DLC- the hype wasn't topped after Mewtwo, maybe only Cloud came close. Corrin was last again, and people where quite upset, moreso than with Byleth.
Yeah, but this topic's purpose is: who would YOU choose for the the last fighter to surprise everyone. Not ''what will Nintendo do to disappoint everybody as usual''.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd like a surprise reveal, but not necessarily a big name third party.

Like Chibi Robo or a character from Advance Wars. Like a WTF character but more like a "desired" WTF character and not a "WTF" WTF character.

I do kinda feel like characters like Chibi Robo and Andy would be more surprising than Master Chief or Lara Croft at this point. (Obviously I'm not saying they'd have a bigger impact, just more surprising) I just feel like the shock factor of impossible third parties has gone down a lot recently, people are expecting the next earth shattering third party reveal.

If it had to be a third party, I guess Lara Croft? I feel like she's one of the few gaming icons left that could really catch anyone by surprise. (even Master Chief is understandable at this point since Microsoft is already partnered with Nintendo for Smash)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No, but it would be funny tho
View attachment 271346
what is that picture?

Like Chibi Robo or a character from Advance Wars. Like a WTF character but more like a "desired" WTF character and not a "WTF" WTF character.

I do kinda feel like characters like Chibi Robo and Andy would be more surprising than Master Chief or Lara Croft at this point. (Obviously I'm not saying they'd have a bigger impact, just more surprising) I just feel like the shock factor of impossible third parties has gone down a lot recently, people are expecting the next earth shattering third party reveal.

If it had to be a third party, I guess Lara Croft? I feel like she's one of the few gaming icons left that could really catch anyone by surprise. (even Master Chief is understandable at this point since Microsoft is already partnered with Nintendo for Smash)
i like your thinking

sorry... I haven't actually played the game :/
then why jump on the bandwagon?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
tell that to the isaac fans

also no one with that level of support is an underdog
Ok you have a point with Isaac, but I still consider Geno an underdog because outside of fan support, he's got very little reason to be in Smash. He is a character who only made a major appearance in one game from over 20 years ago and outside of a that he only made a cameo in one other game. With most other characters who are in a situation like this, they would be instantly laughed off, but despite all odds, Geno is still being talked about thanks solely to fans and even Sakurai likes him. Don't get me wrong, I support Geno, I think he is cool and would make for a good addition to the roster. But without fan demand, he would have nothing. Thus I consider him an underdog. But perhaps you and I have different definitions for what exactly an underdog is.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I know we arent using empirical data, but I'd argue that Mewtwo's hype was the same as Inkling- (omg more smash content), moreso than Mewtwo himself (even if Mewtwo was big).

I think Cloud was undoubtedly more of an impact.

And for what it's worth, the last Sm4sh character was Bayonetta, not Corrin.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

In all seriousness; Lenidem Lenidem already answered this, but this thread’s purpose is ask who WE (the readers) would pick for a final character, not what we think NINTENDO‘s gonna pick.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ok you have a point with Isaac, but I still consider Geno an underdog because outside of fan support, he's got very little reason to be in Smash. He is a character who only made a major appearance in one game from over 20 years ago and outside of a that he only made a cameo in one other game. With most other characters who are in a situation like this, they would be instantly laughed off, but despite all odds, Geno is still being talked about thanks solely to fans and even Sakurai likes him. Don't get me wrong, I support Geno, I think he is cool and would make for a good addition to the roster. But without fan demand, he would have nothing. Thus I consider him an underdog. But perhaps you and I have different definitions for what exactly an underdog is.
i would say an underdog is someone, who isnt a popular choice for smash, isnt popular outside of smash and not part of an iconic series, you know the real niche characters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's because it's a set-up for the next reveal that I hypothesised, being Goku, who would fly through the clouds, which would be designed as a really hype moment, and I'm also aware that Rex and Pyra are fairly popular.
ok but why not use a character you know, if you were setting yourself up for someone else it wouldnt matter who you went with first

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

I think better reasoning should be that a lot of people sleep on Lara. After Banjo and Cuphead, people began to discuss Master Chief a lot. I mean... Square Enix has two characters more so than Microsoft. Most people focus on Sora and Geno when it comes to SE. That's why most people forget about Lara.

Top Bottom