• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what character that will never be in smash for you?

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
I'm not here to troll every supporter of their favorite fighter i'm here to answers a question to everyone what is the character that will never be in smash for you?

i'll start *REMINDER MY OPINION DO NOT REFLECT THE SMASH COMMUNITY AT ALL*
1.Rayman: I support him but he's not enought popular than any 3rd party characters,(i don't know about smashboard) but everyone doesn't like or don't care about him in smash and the rabbids (i don't like them) have more chance than him,that's a little bit sad for him because since Rayman of legends, his games didn't sell well maybe because his game was delayed for the wii u, that pissed off a lot of nintendo fans so that they decided to boycott this game.Even if Ubisoft is friend with nintendo i don't think everyone will be ok with him in smash,but in the french community everyone want him in smash but that's not enough to make him in smash........ one day maybe........one day......

2.Goku: nuff said about,he is a anime character not a video games character.

3.Shrek: same as goku but he's a movie character, just because he's a meme doesn't mean he will be in smash.

4.Conker:i don't see a lot of support for him

5:Sans:I like undertale, i don't see him as a fighter because he's a character from a PC game

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Waluigi. Having no main line appearances, his moveset potential is down there with Chain Chomp and Toadette.

OreoSmasher777

Smash Cadet
Yoshi Rabbid overshadowed by *takes deep breath* Rayman, Rabbid Peach,Rabbid Mario/Luigi, Rabbid kong,

I want a rabbid in this game.. Maybe add a rabbid then have others as costumes.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I'll second Sans never seeing a playable appearance, avatar aside. It's not just that he's a Western indie, the best of whom (Shovel Knight) was only able to get as far as an Assist Trophy appearance. It's that people know and love him most for his boss battle, which is about as major a spoiler as a game can offer.

The problem there isn't that Smash is spoiler-averse, but that Undertale's creator coyly is. He has never mentioned or directly referenced the endings and spoilers of Undertale, even long after they became openly-known secrets. To put Sans in Smash blasting lasers and bones and what have you would be like an open confession from him, and a blatant spoiler for any person playing Smash who hadn't known a thing about Undertale until then.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toad.

Sakurai legit seems to hate him.
Three games as a hapless meatshield with Ultimate only just giving him a tiny bit of dignity, other Mario characters being fasttracked ahead of him despite him having a better resume than many of them, wil be one of the few Mii costume characters not to make the leap to playable and then after getting a new modern successful game in Treasure Tracker, a game which was considered a success enough to port not only onoto the Switch but also the 3DS, is still deemed only worthy of being a background element not even worth deconfirming in the Direct. Hell now he's a part of not only Peach's moveset, but Daisy's too.

Toad could have been introduced as early as Melee and still made perfect sense on the roster even as a last minute Mario clone instead of Dr. Mario and yet here we are nearly two decades on and the closest we got was Mii Brawler.

He's got the star power(literally at times), he's got 30 years of resume, starred in two games at least as the lead protagonist, one of which was recently successful, has the fame and has moveset potential thanks to said huge resume and recent game success.

The **** does he gotta do to earn his rightful place already?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Toad.

Three games as a hapless meatshield with Ultimate only just giving him a tiny bit of dignity, other Mario characters being fasttracked ahead of him despite him having a better resume than many of them, wil be one of the few Mii costume characters not to make the leap to playable and then after getting a new modern successful game in Treasure Tracker, a game which was considered a success enough to port not only onoto the Switch but also the 3DS, is still deemed only worthy of being a background element not even worth deconfirming in the Direct. Hell now he's a part of not only Peach's moveset, but Daisy's too.

Toad could have been introduced as early as Melee and still made perfect sense on the roster even as a last minute Mario clone instead of Dr. Mario and yet here we are nearly two decades on and the closest we got was Mii Brawler.

He's got the star power(literally at times), he's got 30 years of resume, starred in two games at least as the protagonist one of which was recently successful, has the fame and has moveset potential thanks to said huge resume and recent game success.
The **** he gotta do to earn his rightful place already?
Sakurai is a professional. Him not making a character playable, doesn't mean he hates them, regardless of how you feel about it.
This is a fighting game, not an official Nintendo All-Stars Are Playable game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sakurai is a professional. Him not making a character playable, doesn't mean he hates them, regardless of how you feel about it.
This is a fighting game, not an official Nintendo All-Stars Are Playable game.
Fine: legit doesn't deem him worth including. Either way, Sakurai is human and has his own preferences often that go against everyone else's: Falcondorf being a famous example.

Regardless Toad ain't making it in despite ticking every box people usually use for a characters inclusion.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
  • Sa-X (Metroid): Sadly. Too much unpopular and less nintendo-friendly as Dark Samus.
  • Waluigi (Mario): While we care about side main characters, side main villains its kind of unlikely. He didn't even got his own games and he's just a meme.
  • Toad (Mario): He's just peach side special. That's all.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Piplup
My only reason for Piplup is to represent PokePark Wii, however Pokemon Spinoffs never get represented in smash, which I think is a waste of potential because of the amount of good worlds and music in those games.

Pigepic/Pettans/any other Temtem
Temtem is a brand new game coming in 2020 and it seems unlikely for a character of that game would get in over other potential 3rd Party Characters because it is so new

Amy/Vector/Blaze
out-advocated by other Sonic Characters with more importance

Lightning
Final Fantasy probably won't get a 2nd character and she is out-advocated by other Square-Enix Characters that aren't FF

That's all I can think of right now

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
-Agumon
-Goku
-Minecraft Steve
-Sans
-Ridl... err, Waluigi :awesome:

Jamison

Banned via Warnings
Krystal from Star Fox: Star Fox games haven't sold all that well. Star Fox Zero was met with bad reviews and she's not currently relevant (to my knowledge) in Star Fox games. I thought she had a lot of potential as a character after Star Fox Adventures. She could have played like Melee Fox/Falco but instead of having a laser she would have had the staff. I could understand not giving her a shine or super strong projectile but a spacie with a disjoint (although to some that sounds OP) to me sounded really fun BC I love playing Fox, Falco and Marth in Melee. So a character that could be a mix of them to me would have been really fun.

Vegeta or any other DBZ character not Goku: Goku's chances might be okayish BC of his popularity and the fact he's the main protagonist in 3 anime series and several movies and video games. IDK how great any DBZ character's chances are but we all know if anyone is getting in it's Goku and that makes all the other DBZ characters have even less of a chance. Though Vegeta as a Goku echo doesn't sound completely impossible but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Kraid from Metroid: Ridley was always more popular and Kraid's relevance ends with Super Metroid (unless they bring him back in Metroid Prime 4). The Brinstar Depths stage deconfirms Kraid and his size is a bigger issue than Ridley's size. Except for the original Metroid where Kraid wasn't that big he's been a huge character.

Koopa from Mario: He's not an important enough character even though the koopas have been in Mario since the beginning. While Koopa has been a playable character in some games like Mario party he's often relegated to support roles. He also doesn't have any meaningful story to make other people want him. While I love Koopa, he's simply a ways down the list of Mario characters far behind the likes of Captain Toad or Waluigi. For Koopa to have any chance there would likely have to be a Mario characters only smash game. Even then he's still more likely to be an item than a character.

A Fire Emblem character that uses a bladed weapon other than a sword. I've actually never played any Fire Emblem game so IDK if characters use other weapons like spears or staffs or daggers. But considering Robin and Corrin differe from Marth/Lucina/Roy/Chrom/Ike than using a sword like a falchion or greatsword but there unique blades are still swords it makes me think they will stick with swords (and capes).

Master Chief from Halo: If 3rd party licensing makes so many characters unavailable I think it would be impossible for 343i/Microsoft to okay their most iconic character on a Nintendo fighting game.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
They’re probably never going Hattori (my profile picture) in because Brawlhalla is too small of a game for real recognition, and isn’t Nintendo affiliated. Even if Brawlhalla does get a fighter in Smash, there are more iconic characters to be used.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Toad.

He's got the star power(literally at times), he's got 30 years of resume, starred in two games at least as the lead protagonist, one of which was recently successful, has the fame and has moveset potential thanks to said huge resume and recent game success.

The **** does he gotta do to earn his rightful place already?
captain toad I believe would been in if the project plan was started 2 years later

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Doomslayer: His gimmick is being violent as all hell. I'm surprised that there's ANY consideration around him.

Master Chief: One of the furthest third parties from Nintendo.

Kratos: Combination of the former two.

Lots of violence.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Felicia from FE Fates, always really liked her for some reason and I can actually picture her with a cool moveset featuring daggers, her ice powers, a staff, and a Flora alt. Obviously has no chance since she is a one off character who will always get overshadowed by the royal families in the same game.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Of all the characters discussed for Smash, none embody the concept of NEVER EVER as much as Lip.
She has no significance to Nintendo history. She has virtually no demand, due in part to being Japan-only, but what's worse it that there's no way her demand will ever get a significant boost. If she never stars in a new title, she'll never gain exposure, and if that's the case, then how can potential new fans be expected to join in campaigning for her? The series' fanbase is already split in three: people who are content with her removal, people who are against it, and people who are actually in favor of removing her. There's not many people asking for her as a result. With absolutely no merits, everyone should know very well the only situation Lip would ever be chosen to be a newcomer is if Sakurai looked to her specifically and saw her having some amazing moveset potential, enough to overlook her obscurity.
Physically appearing in Smash to even the slightest degree already seems unattainable. It's funny because several indie characters have already managed to do so before her, yet she's a Nintendo character that's been around for over 20 years. Inevitably we'll have Goku and Inuyasha in Smash, while Lip still isn't even a trophy. The most recognition she's gotten since appearing in Captain Rainbow is having her outfit as a bonus gift in a mini-game added as late DLC to a several-years-old 3DS Animal Crossing title. It makes me wonder why Lip is so desperately avoided, because I can't think of a reasonable explanation for it. Will she give you 5 years bad luck? Is it like the Ring, will she come out of the screen and try to murder your ass? But that's all assuming anyone at Nintendo even remembers her, because honestly, who's to say they didn't just forget she existed entirely.
It's pretty sad seeing her fans still hoping she'll be in. They shouldn't even consider the idea that she could be in Smash, or any new game for that matter. I'm upset because she's literally only being shoved further into obscurity over a bunch of dumb, nonsensical, hypocritical, flat-out bull**** circular logic, but it's probably best if I stop questioning it.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Of all the characters discussed for Smash, none embody the concept of NEVER EVER as much as Lip.
She has no significance to Nintendo history. She has virtually no demand, due in part to being Japan-only, but what's worse it that there's no way her demand will ever get a significant boost. If she never stars in a new title, she'll never gain exposure, and if that's the case, then how can potential new fans be expected to join in campaigning for her? The series' fanbase is already split in three: people who are content with her removal, people who are against it, and people who are actually in favor of removing her. There's not many people asking for her as a result. With absolutely no merits, everyone should know very well the only situation Lip would ever be chosen to be a newcomer is if Sakurai looked to her specifically and saw her having some amazing moveset potential, enough to overlook her obscurity.
Physically appearing in Smash to even the slightest degree already seems unattainable. It's funny because several indie characters have already managed to do so before her, yet she's a Nintendo character that's been around for over 20 years. Inevitably we'll have Goku and Inuyasha in Smash, while Lip still isn't even a trophy. The most recognition she's gotten since appearing in Captain Rainbow is having her outfit as a bonus gift in a mini-game added as late DLC to a several-years-old 3DS Animal Crossing title. It makes me wonder why Lip is so desperately avoided, because I can't think of a reasonable explanation for it. Will she give you 5 years bad luck? Is it like the Ring, will she come out of the screen and try to murder your ***? But that's all assuming anyone at Nintendo even remembers her, because honestly, who's to say they didn't just forget she existed entirely.
It's pretty sad seeing her fans still hoping she'll be in. They shouldn't even consider the idea that she could be in Smash, or any new game for that matter. I'm upset because she's literally only being shoved further into obscurity over a bunch of dumb, nonsensical, hypocritical, flat-out bull**** circular logic, but it's probably best if I stop questioning it.
pretty sure it's the ring thing

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Man all the Nintendo all stars are like in Smash now let’s be real the ones you see in the adds are in Smash
But mine in no order
Travis Touchdow
Bill and Jimmy Lee
Crash
Spyro
Agumom
Vaait for sure is never getting in,
Master chief?
Banjo and Kazooie
Duke nukem way too violet
Commander Shepherd: Ea, probably would look weird as well
Ray 01
Kiddy Kong
Tingle
Krystal
Slippy
Goemon
prince of persia
Revan A non canon video game Star Wars character
Metal Sonic
Twilight Princess Link With crossbow and hidden skills
Overlord
images.jpeg

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
For me it's Joker from Persona 5. While there is a ton of potential for a moveset in his character there are a few things holding him back.

1.Despite Persona and Shin Megami Tensei being on a Nintendo Console every now and then, its mostly a Sony thing. While you could make the argument that Cloud got in, Final Fantasy has not been a Sony exclusive in recent memory. Persona 5 is still a fairly new exclusive. That being said, Snake got in back during Brawl so this point might be moot.

2.As much as I LOVE Persona, and think it's one of the best game franchises ever, I dont think its big enough to warrant a brand new character in this game's limited roster when there are so many other iconic characters that have yet to get in. Especially when you consider the former point about Persona 5 being a Sony exclusive.

3.This ones small, but Joker is literally a highschooler with a gun. A very realistic looking gun none the less. I don't think Nintendo would be crazy about having that in their all star fighting game. But I was wrong about them not giving Simon holly water because it has religious symbolism so I could be wrong here. Especially when the gun is not a vital part of Joker's moveset

Overall I don't think Joker is impossible, I just think he is very unlikely and I don't have high hopes for him at all. That said, I will say all the reasons I would love to see him in the spoiler bellow

-A mementos stage would be awesome! Especially if they gave us songs like Last Surprise
-I would LOVE to see an all out attack as a final smash,
-Persona is already on the rise in popularity thanks to 5. This would make interest in the series skyrocket.
-I really like Persona ok?
-Persona 5 has a really cool aesteic that would look good in Smash.
-We don't have a fighter who's moveset is based around summoning a creature. This would make Joker unique.
-I REALLY like Persona!

If Joker gets in. Im selling all of my possessions and moving to a forest so I can never feel the raw emotion from such hype again.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I would also like to see Ms. Birdy but it most likely won't be in Smash because I don't think Webkinz has been on Nintendo or have any type of collaborations.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
1. Goku. It's never gonna happen. Not sorry at all
2. Shrek. Same as Goku.
3. Sans. Same as Shrek
4. Hastune Miku. Same as Sans.
5. Steve from Minecraft. Same as Miku

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Anybody from Advance Wars because of how much it's been overshadowed by Fire Emblem. Brawl was realistically Andy's only shot at being playable in Smash, Days of Ruin released a little before Brawl and under-preformed, and the franchise has been largely irreverent outside of indie devs trying to make similar games (Tiny Metal and Wargroove) in the last year or so. If he'd made it in, a 5th Advance Wars game for the 3DS likely would have been made at the very least, and Sm4sh may have actually ended up using Sami to recycle Snake's moveset.

PF9

Smash Lord
Krystal at this point. Brawl was probably her best shot at appearing in a Smash game, and they went with Wolf instead.

Top Bottom