• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Medusa.

I feel like the Smash Bros roster really lacks in villain representation, and still has catch up to play for females (though great job on that this game!). Medusa's both. She's wicked, has tons of personality, would have a cool move set (obviously not a Palutena clone), and actually excites me more than any other character idea I've had (and I'm not even really a Kid Icarus fan, to be honest). She just seems awesome.

That being said, I think I'd enjoy seeing just about anyone.

D

Deleted member

Ridley because I WILL NEVER BACK DOWN EVEN THOUGH I KNOW HE'LL NEVER MAKE IT ;_;

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Teddie from Persona 4.

At this point, Atlus knows P4's popularity completely overshadows the rest of the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series, what with all the spinoffs and all (including a fighting game!), plus Teddie initially appears as a non-human bear mascot character compared to the rest of the protagonists being fully human so his appearance would make him near perfect for a game like Smash Bros. Plus in my opinion, the main protag of P4 (Yu Narukami) would probably be slandered for being "yet another anime swordsman".

The great Ted's moveset in P4A and Ultimax would probably work within Smash too, so that's why I voted for him.

EDIT: Did I forget to mention he was on a 3DS game (Persona Q, to be specific)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Teddie from Persona 4.

At this point, Atlus knows P4's popularity completely overshadows the rest of the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series, what with all the spinoffs and all (including a fighting game!), plus Teddie initially appears as a non-human bear mascot character compared to the rest of the protagonists being fully human so his appearance would make him near perfect for a game like Smash Bros. Plus in my opinion, the main protag of P4 (Yu Narukami) would probably be slandered for being "yet another anime swordsman".

The great Ted's moveset in P4A and Ultimax would probably work within Smash too, so that's why I voted for him.
I was about to ask, "Did this character ever appear on a Nintendo platform?" but then I remembered Persona Q. I suggest adding that to your post just for those who are unaware.

Last edited by a moderator:

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Isaac.

Been hoping for that guy since pre-Brawl times.

Seriously, his moveset potential is practically infinite.

Plus, now that we got a "Robin" in the game, this game will finally have as much international confusion as Street Fighter, which would be nothing but awesome.
This, precisely this.

I voted for Issac as well, his PSY skills would do wonders for the custom moveset thing.

I WAS going to vote Neku Sakuraba, but I don't think he counts just cause he was on the DS.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I voted for Wolf to come back because personally he is one of my favorite characters from the Star Fox games next to Fox and Smash Bros needs more villains but in Wolf's case he's more of an anti-hero and he was my third main in brawl.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Ninten from Mother 1
upload_2015-4-7_8-42-48.png
lets look at the mother series characters
Mother 1 : no character
Earthbound: has :ness:
Mother 3 : has :4lucas:
so its only fair that Ninten gets in. Also HE WONT BE A CLONE OF NESS. Sure he may have PK beam but he should have mostly defencive psi so he would have a different style to Ness and lucas

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we get a Mother 1 character, I'd like to see the Mother 1 version of Giygas - it would cover both Mother 1 and Earthbound, and it would be a Mother character who looks a lot different from Ness.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Haven't voted yet, as there's quite a while until the poll closes, but I have a list of characters I'm trying to narrow down: King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Bomberman, Custom Robo, Banjo, Bayonetta, Andy, Simon Belmont.

IMO I don't understand Shovel Knight. I love the game too but aren't third party characters supposed to be Nintendo exclusives or have a long history with Nintendo. That guy is barely a year old and already multiplat. Why not vote for Belmont, an actual NES icon, over a character who just pays homage to Castlevania.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I voted Ridley and Saki Amamiya. The why: Metroid needs another person in this game and another villain that is not a clone. And Saki is a non-famous character that could fit Smash so freaking bad with his gunsword.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I voted for Ninten from Mother 1 View attachment 46367 lets look at the mother series characters
Mother 1 : no character
Earthbound: has :ness:
Mother 3 : has :4lucas:
so its only fair that Ninten gets in. Also HE WONT BE A CLONE OF NESS. Sure he may have PK beam but he should have mostly defencive psi so he would have a different style to Ness and lucas
Honestly, Smash 4 should've had Ninten from the start, with a Ness / Lucas costume. That would've been a fun reveal.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I voted for Wonder Red despite how unlikely the dream is.

Would love to see Isaac or Snake, or Dixie though, my friends would really want them in the game.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Honestly, Smash 4 should've had Ninten from the start, with a Ness / Lucas costume. That would've been a fun reveal.
All characters in Smash 4 are available in all regions. The odd one out is Lucas and he doesn't come out till around E3 so people can hope for a Mother 3 Virtual console release. Ninten would be another region specific character.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
All characters in Smash 4 are available in all regions. The odd one out is Lucas and he doesn't come out till around E3 so people can hope for a Mother 3 Virtual console release. Ninten would be another region specific character.
:4marth:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I voted for Wolf because hes more important then any newcommer.

I also threw in a vote for Shovel Knight and Dillon (even though he is an assist trophy)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Voted klonoa at my place, because I feel obligated being the op of the klonoa thread for so long.

Voted King K. Rool at the gf's place, because he's the og and i'll be damned if some filthy indie gets in over a first party.

Last edited:

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Kay, so I placed my first vote. In this case, Andy from Advance Wars.

I'd really be fine with ANY Advance Wars character (since I love the series), but I just kept imagining Andy sending a bunch of little wind-up/RC units to attack people and could NOT shake the idea. (I figure Lash could do the same thing, but Andy's more recognizable.)

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I voted for midna or toon zelda.

I'm a zelda main and would like to see toon zelda in the game along with toon link. In my opinion, it's not a lot of work to do. They could just take Zelda's moveset and put them on toon zelda and just change the lightness and all that good stuff how they did with link to Toon link.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Wolf and Krystal. Wolf was cut for no reason, and with the new Star Fox game, he and Krystal can both be used to ramp up the hype. Please, everyone, just vote for Wolf at least once. He's a favorite and if Lucas can get in, Wolf should too

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
And you're acting like a Mother 1 Remake or VC release is impossible
You are right, but this is the Mother series we are talking about. You know how long they have been begging for an Earthbound release? NOA even has an official translation of Mother 1 but yet here we are. Poor, poor Mother fans...

Last edited:

PKMudkip

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0087-2827-5098
Switch FC
SW-5862-2113-3817
I voted for Mudkip becuase he is my favorite Pokemon of all time. He is very popular online and hasn't been n assist trophy or even a Pokeball so a fighter is possible.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I chose Klonoa because he desperately needs some attention again. If characters from obscure franchises like Ness & Lucas appear in Smash, why not Klonoa? Knowing Namco Bandai, they probably won't put him in.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
I voted for Wolf because I really want to see him make a comeback, apparently Takamaru was planned but was cut because he was too obscure I would like to see him become playable also but really my ultimate wish is this guy:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
I'll come by in a bit, right now I'm looking for some old Takamaru stuff to make the Takamaru version of that Daisy image.
Hey man, I know this was a bit ago you posted this, but I'm considering starting a Takamaru movement to show that people in the west want him too. You seem to like him a lot, he's one of my most wanted DLC characters, would you be interested in this sort of thing? Like helping out if you're artistically inclined, I feel we've had Takamaru be suggested for two separate Smash games now and not make it because of lack of interest so maybe we can try to stir some up?

Anyway to answer the actual post, I voted for:
Takamaru (kinda obvious)
Isaac
King K Rool
Wonder Red
Chibi Robo!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I chose Klonoa because he desperately needs some attention again. If characters from obscure franchises like Ness & Lucas appear in Smash, why not Klonoa? Knowing Namco Bandai, they probably won't put him in.
That's kind of because when the first Smash happened Mother wasn't that obscure, was part of a HAL related project, and Smash 64 wasn't expected to sell well in Japan (and wasn't planned to be localized either.) Also Ii is a Nintendo Second party IP, not a third party. Third parties have to be 'Special cases' so I guess that's why we don't get obscure third part characters. Also Kloana isn't that terribly obscure.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hey man, I know this was a bit ago you posted this, but I'm considering starting a Takamaru movement to show that people in the west want him too. You seem to like him a lot, he's one of my most wanted DLC characters, would you be interested in this sort of thing? Like helping out if you're artistically inclined, I feel we've had Takamaru be suggested for two separate Smash games now and not make it because of lack of interest so maybe we can try to stir some up?

Anyway to answer the actual post, I voted for:
Takamaru (kinda obvious)
Isaac
King K Rool
Wonder Red
Chibi Robo!
I've actually got a project in the works with someone else, but I am always listening out for suggestions/ideas. :)

The support group has migrated here for now btw.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I voted for Phoenix Wright because Ace Attorney is my fav series of all time, all on Nintendo systems, and Phoenix Wright is somewhat of an inspiration.

I explained how I understand him being 3rd Party is a pain, but Capcom already is open to negotiations with Megaman and Megaman costumes.

I also explained how he could fight, how he can handle himself physically, having surprisingly good defense, surviving crazy things, but how he prefers to fight mentally, and most of his moves would consist of evidence and conjecture. For example a f-tilt could be him showing a folder and saying "Exhibit A!", like in UMvC3, he would be defending himself by trying to make his opponents look guilty!

And then I voted again for Tetra from Windwaker in case 3rd parties weren't accepted, who I explained would be very unique as she's a badass pirate princess! Sorry Impa people, Impa is cool, but...she's got to share some attributes with Sheik, whereas Tetra can be a lot more creative! I gave them some ideas by suggesting she be a summon character, taking advantage of her unique personality, so she'd be bossing her lackies around for certain specials. She's also somewhat of an inspiration, so there's another reason I voted for her.

Also considered Inkling and Wolf, but I bet they're coming anyway, Wolf already in the works, maybe even Inkling already having her concept finalized.

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
I voted for Cranky Kong and Bandanna Waddle Dee, because we don't have any old characters in Smash 4 and we don't have any spear users. I voted for diversity. I also voted Wolf to return.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I would've voted for characters like Takamaru, Saki, and Samurai Goroh, but alas...
So my votes went to Shantae, Krystal and King K.Rool.

(I'll edit why later)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red - Im a huge fan of Platinum and Tokusatsu. That's why I voted for a character from one of my top 10 Wii U titles.

Shantae - Huge fan of her series and she's one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Ghirahim, why? cause he's awesome

He's basically one of the coolest Zelda's villain, the only 2 other villains that come close to him are Ganondorf (Ganon) cause... well he's like the Bowser of Zelda, and Vaati cause he's one of those villains that have been seen in more than one game, his abilities are mostly done already, just take them from the 3 different boss fights in TLZ: SS and Hyrule Warriors

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I've voted almost every day it's been open. Generally from work, and then later from home.

I've voted for:
Nester
Lark (Nester)
Medusa
Geno
Captain Syrup
Chrono
Ice Climbers
Weevil
Vaati
Birdo
Fawful
Bandanna Dee
and Wolf

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ Maxilian Maxilian Yes, but many people seem to be breaking that rule anyway...

Not me, though! I only voted once, and I don't plan on voting again.

Top Bottom