• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what buffs does K.Rool need?

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
Why should the belly armor get more HP? I like how it works right now in that you can’t span heavy armor moves.
Also the damage threshold as-is gives one of the rare advantages for heavy opponents over lightweights.
If you do a falling nair into a Gannon upsmash, you deserve to have the belly armor broken

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Personaly i think the belly armor mechanic works fine as a consept: Huge hitboxes that cannot be challenged or interrupted in exchange for speed. Abusing the huge armored hitboxes punishes you.
Hes a heavy with one of the best Landing options in the game, multiple other landing options, including a move that just straight up has super armor (not tum armor), a command grab and a counter. The Tumbreak is more than enough of a conpensation to make it balanced.
What needs to be changed is the Tum HP not the break itself. The HP is fine for smash battles or team battles, but in 1v1's the multiplyer mechanic kicks in and moves that normally dont break tum (like the entirety of Ganon's moveset or point blank gordo toss) shatter it. The Tum should be bumped up from 28 to 32.
I think its perfectly OK that Krool tum shouldnt be used to challenge rediculously stronk moves such as doriyah or Dedede fsmash, but the amount of damage it takes from chip damage is a bit rediculous.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Why should the belly armor get more HP? I like how it works right now in that you can’t span heavy armor moves.
Also the damage threshold as-is gives one of the rare advantages for heavy opponents over lightweights.
If you do a falling nair into a Gannon upsmash, you deserve to have the belly armor broken
It's not that anyone is intentionally challenging these moves, it's that K Rool generally only has approach options that use his armor. Or if K Rool needs to land, you have to use his armor.

And also, a majority of the time my armor breaks is from something silly that I never would have anticipated. For example I went to a tourney recently and got my shield broken twice from Banjo Wonder Wing. I wasn't attempting to challenge it, but I threw out a move (nair or f tilt) that is safe...unless my belly breaks. If we could give his armor even 5 more HP, things like this wouldn't happen.

Top Bottom