• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your weaknesses when you play?

D

Deleted member

I can't play if I haven't ate or wiped my hands. Also, when I play, my hand feels like it instantly develops carpal tunnel, and I mess up all my tech skill. (Idk if I need to play more to get used to it lol)

Also, I can't play with people that have that obvious look on their face, like they know without a shadow of a doubt, that they're going to win. When I was playing fly and Sethlon at LTC, they looked like the match was going to be effortless. (Which it was, obviously.) I just sweated like crazy and my hands stiffed up, and I got four stocked.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I don't care who I am playing. Everyone is a ***** in some way IMO. Everyone can be beaten. I wouldn't stress it, but if your tech-skill is lacking you need to work on it. You aren't really playing the game until you can execute any option, and then from there learn the right answers to options or at least approximate them more consistently until your losses turn into wins.

Just saiyan.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
My weaknesses? I cannot play when Im salty. I start going a million times faster than I should and SD the match away. I gotta control my salt intake lol. If you get me salty its GG.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
If I choke for even one second, it literally makes me throw the match. Idk, I'm just like that.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I don't care who I am playing. Everyone is a ***** in some way IMO. Everyone can be beaten. I wouldn't stress it, but if your tech-skill is lacking you need to work on it. You aren't really playing the game until you can execute any option, and then from there learn the right answers to options or at least approximate them more consistently until your losses turn into wins.

Just saiyan.

Yo listen to this dude
hes legit as **** about his techskill

As for me, my weaknesses are that I lose focus as a tournament progresses. Once I lose my first match in tournament, I usually dont win another one after that, because I have reached a point where I have very little focus left. I'm improving it though, and my placings are improving too.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yo listen to this dude
hes legit as **** about his techskill

As for me, my weaknesses are that I lose focus as a tournament progresses. Once I lose my first match in tournament, I usually dont win another one after that, because I have reached a point where I have very little focus left. I'm improving it though, and my placings are improving too.
At least someone knows of my skeels. ;D You're improving in bounds every time I see you. You started off as a 4-stock chump and now you're really making me scratch my head when we play. Good stuff. We have to play again ASAP. I have no one to really play with anymore and my gamecube is stroking out every game now so it's hard to play.

roxolid

Smash Cadet
Defaulting to a plain old dash attack as my approach when I get unfocused. Super punishable. I am very familiar with what it's like to be shield grabbed lololol

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I lose my focus, I swear it never used to happen, but these days it's like a damn switch goes off and suddenly I have no idea what I'm doing, get frustrated, or just start practicing stupid little things I think would be cool mid-match. Prompting a long ass-attempted comeback followed by a severe choke, pretty much nocking me out of the tourney every time lol.

Pox

Smash Rookie
I use the shield roll as a movement way more than I should. And I mess up my forward tilt a lot and use my dash attack instead. And when I'm using my eggs on the edge I SD more than I should, haha.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I can't play offensive. Some people hate playing me cause I never approach in most matchups.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Probably a pretty common one,I have a horrible habit of overextending myself when I have advantage or, more generally, going for the flashy option rather than the safe one. ie: I score a decent combo on the opponent and have them offstage, but instead of playing it safe and intercepting their return, I'll leap off aimlessly in search of that one-in-a-million offstage combo and 2 in every 3 times wind up down a stock via SD or gimping or at the very least in a very disadvantageous position when I was controlling the fight just a moment ago.

Also as someone else said, practicing tech during a match. ...lol.

SAUS

Smash Ace
I become a pattern player when I am tired, and I get tired if I play straight for a really long time. I also find I miss killing opportunities sometimes because I don't realize a certain move could hit and kill them (like doing a neutral-air instead of a down-air or forward-air). Also sometimes I feel like my boomerang beats everything when in fact it beats nothing. I also have this one timing quirk where my returning boomerang cancels a killing blow and then I get punished. It's tough to work out though because throwing the boomerang where I do gets me into that setup a lot.

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
If im nervous then you could four stock me and I look dumb, but my loses are usually when I want to try something new and I focus on that instead of the match.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
If I screw up something technical that I'm usually good at, I'm gonna try it again until I get it even while being punished.
Ultimately I'll just never mess anything up again and it won't be an issue, I'm positive.

Thor

Smash Champion
My biggest weakness is that I actually pick up a controller and try to play.

Also, my other biggest weakness is the character select screen, where I've convinced myself I play best placing my P2/P4 token on "Link." I'm told that's a really big problem in my game.

roc effin banga!

Smash Rookie
for me its nerves.... i start to do hail mary moves and get my characters confused. i tried to pick up a gannon game, but since i main falco i kept trying to utilt with gannon..... fail

SAUS

Smash Ace
for me its nerves.... i start to do hail mary moves and get my characters confused. i tried to pick up a gannon game, but since i main falco i kept trying to utilt with gannon..... fail
I have some nerves problems too. They used to not be so bad when I was playing in competitive environments more, but after not playing for so long, I can certainly feel it now. Best way to get over it imo is to play in a competitive atmosphere often. Have money matches with buddies (1$ is a nice low, but important enough amount of money) so you can play under pressure more easily. Crew battles with nothing on the line but letting down your team mates can also be good, and if you fail, you still technically lost nothing. Just recently we had a crew battle at a smash fest where the losing team pays for the pizza lol. In the end the host was too nice and paid for the pizza himself, but during the matches, it was ~12$ on the line which is actually kind of a lot for a friendly smash fest (it is more like a 6$ money match since if we split it it would have been that much per person anyway). I think it helps everyone in the community because it helps them all get over their nerves.

I have another weakness that I discovered. If I play against people who are not very good for a long time (I 4-stock them pretty much every game kinda thing), and then start playing people more no my level, I get frustrated when I am taking lots of damage or losing a stock even when I am still winning. I also get some bad habits like being on the offense too much and running into shield grabs/free hits.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
My weakness is when I think of something I have to do right in the middle of a match and I get nervous cause I have to do it quickly and it causes me to lose. I ALWAYS REMEMBER THINGS THAT I HAVE TO DO DURING MATCHES!!! WHY!!!!!!!

Snowbeeru

Smash Rookie
I can't play if I haven't ate or wiped my hands. Also, when I play, my hand feels like it instantly develops carpal tunnel, and I mess up all my tech skill. (Idk if I need to play more to get used to it lol)

Also, I can't play with people that have that obvious look on their face, like they know without a shadow of a doubt, that they're going to win. When I was playing fly and Sethlon at LTC, they looked like the match was going to be effortless. (Which it was, obviously.) I just sweated like crazy and my hands stiffed up, and I got four stocked.
I find myself over extending and my movement needs work. I wish I had some coaching on the subject. Other than that I don't care about who I'm playing as long as there chill.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
being ocd about some stuff like i,ve been 4 stocked because my chair was to tall, we got different chairs and i 4 stocked him. it's weird stuff like that.

being like 90% of the people who say they'll be amazing and work hard and etc. we never really take ourselves seriously as we think

that and crippling depression that can't be over come, like all my desire in life is scoped out and i,m hollow inside and don't even wanta breath. like i'll do 30 push ups listening to heavy metal and there's no where to light the fire. rarely happens so bad but still

Sal

Smash Rookie
I'm way too aggressive when I play. I usually jump out from the ledge and attempt to Dair the opponent. Sometimes it works, sometimes I miss, sometimes I SD.

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
Pressure.
I play Doc and Falco, and even though I like combos as much as the next person, I can wait for as long as it takes to get one off. Plus I have really slick movement, so there is no real way for people to get a positional advantage. So anything floaty or campy is getting destroyed by me. Spacies and general combo-hungry players destroy me because of my lackluster defensive skills. Just a thing.

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
My hands get sweaty then I SD by slipping off a button and hitting the wrong one. And if I do get an SD I just go beserk and spam smash attacks making me look like a rookie. *Looks at title* oh, this is awkward.

Top Bottom