• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Are Your Unpopular Gaming Opinions? (Ver. 2)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, I found myself preordering Tears of the Kingdom the other day. $76 with tax. That's the issue: Nintendo makes great games that you can't play anywhere else but they have a bad habit of over-charging for them. TotK has no right costing 76$ when it looks like a PS3 game. The Switch is effectively using last gen graphics and processing but charging the same as PS5 games or in this case even more. TotK looks good but it's not going to be better than games like Horizon FW or Elden Ring, which didn't cost as much and have much better graphics. Nintendo's been doing this for a while now: Link's Awakening had no right to be full price when it barely has more content than a gameboy color game and SM Strikers barely had any content at launch. Nintendo does some great stuff but too often they're ripping of the customers.
because of how it looks?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In part but it's not just the looks. The switch is running much less advanced hardware than the other consoles. They shouldn't be charging more than PS5 games. Arlo made a video about it:
arlos an anti Kirby propagandist who unique feature is ripping off Cookie Monster so pardon me if I have trouble believing they know what they’re talking about

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Pokémon main series should only focus in the competitive and instead made spin off exclusively for the single player enjoyment.
Yo-Kai Watch 3 is a better monster collector than any existing main series Pokemon game both from a casual and competitive perspective. Easy reason being for that is that the game ACTUALLY took the time to balance BOTH sides by making the single player experience incredibly content and story rich and still addressing competitive and balance issues that allowed its meta to be extremely full of unique and interesting teambuilds in the ongoing and highly active JP competitive high ladder.

It is entirely possible to make a monster collector with a huge number of monsters with excellent animation that caters to both ends. It's just that it seems Game Freak is very bad at it or that having to rush the games out just doesn't help them to do so.

Pokemon Showdown and Nuzlockes are band-aid solutions to the greater flaws of the actual games otherwise there would be no need for either of them in the first place if the games had their own two legs to stand on from actually balanced and accessible competitive and an engaging singleplayer experience.

Far as I'm concerned Game Freak should actually take a look at the mass amounts of player feedback that is open for anyone to view through Smogon usage stat data to get a better grasp of how to go about buffing low tier trash monsters and making them more unique instead of situations like giving Venusaur Earth Power so now there is no credence to using Victreebel and actually bring in features like a proper Nuzlocke or Hard Mode coded into the game that indie games like Nexomon, Coromon, Monsters Sanctuary and TemTem among others have proven capable of doing and they'd probably get less criticism for alot of their recent endeavors like releasing an update that corrupts your save data while the system it is on makes you pay for an online service with save data backup that you're not allowed to use for this particular game for no good reason.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yo-Kai Watch 3 is a better monster collector than any existing main series Pokemon game both from a casual and competitive perspective. Easy reason being for that is that the game ACTUALLY took the time to balance BOTH sides by making the single player experience incredibly content and story rich and still addressing competitive and balance issues that allowed its meta to be extremely full of unique and interesting teambuilds in the ongoing and highly active JP competitive high ladder.

It is entirely possible to make a monster collector with a huge number of monsters with excellent animation that caters to both ends. It's just that it seems Game Freak is very bad at it or that having to rush the games out just doesn't help them to do so.

Pokemon Showdown and Nuzlockes are band-aid solutions to the greater flaws of the actual games otherwise there would be no need for either of them in the first place if the games had their own two legs to stand on from actually balanced and accessible competitive and an engaging singleplayer experience.

Far as I'm concerned Game Freak should actually take a look at the mass amounts of player feedback that is open for anyone to view through Smogon usage stat data to get a better grasp of how to go about buffing low tier trash monsters and making them more unique instead of situations like giving Venusaur Earth Power so now there is no credence to using Victreebel and actually bring in features like a proper Nuzlocke or Hard Mode coded into the game that indie games like Nexomon, Coromon, Monsters Sanctuary and TemTem among others have proven capable of doing and they'd probably get less criticism for alot of their recent endeavors like releasing an update that corrupts your save data while the system it is on makes you pay for an online service with save data backup that you're not allowed to use for this particular game for no good reason.
I only ever see you posted negative things about Pokémon. You do post other things right?

there’s also a certain degree of irony in holding up yo-kai watch as a better managed game when level-5 has only just started to come back from a financial nosedive caused by their own mismanagement

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
there’s also a certain degree of irony in holding up yo-kai watch as a better managed game when level-5 has only just started to come back from a financial nosedive caused by their own mismanagement
I don’t really think that’s a fair comparison I get that you might not be 100% serious when saying this but the developers are completely different people from the ones managing the company and I don’t get why managers making mistakes affects the quality of their games at all

Quillion

Smash Hero
In part but it's not just the looks. The switch is running much less advanced hardware than the other consoles. They shouldn't be charging more than PS5 games. Arlo made a video about it:
It's really an industry-wide problem, not just with Nintendo.

By all accounts, digital distribution and improved technology for developing games should have slashed production costs across the board. Plus games are selling more than ever, so cutting prices further down from even $60 should still create stable profits if anything.

Companies are just trying to ride the demand not falling due to a price increase because of hype culture.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don’t really think that’s a fair comparison I get that you might not be 100% serious when saying this but the developers are completely different people from the ones managing the company and I don’t get why managers making mistakes affects the quality of their games at all
chock it up to me being slightly narked that the only other person who's played yo-kai watch on this forum praises it by dunking on an other franchise. i mean it doesn't paint a very good picture

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I only ever see you posted negative things about Pokémon. You do post other things right?

Screenshot_20230318-102205_Discord.jpg

Criticism isn't negativity.
I am allowed to post whatever I please in response to things I care about as long as it does not violate any rules and you really cannot do anything to stop me and I would just as easily say the same stuff elsewhere as I am not obligated to say anything to cater to you.

Sales and finances do not amount to squat when it comes to how actually good a game is, so that really does nothing to disprove my points.

Wario Land 4 is a platformer with an entire book written about in terms of good game design that had worse sales than the infamous Sonic 06 and all of that good game design was carried over to make even greater advances with the critically acclaimed Pizza Tower.

In the same vein, Level-5's finances certainly does nothing to change the fact Pokemon has hit such a low bar that Yo-Kai Watch 3 at least DOESN'T have a bug that wipes your entire save file for downloading its massive amount of DLC (all of which is free, mind you.)

If the Pokemon games were actually good, I would not be able to say anything """negative""" in the first place and even then I do not have to go far to find plenty of forums, threads or videos sharing the exact same sentiments from a huge number of other people.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
View attachment 369558

I am allowed to post whatever I please in response to things I care about as long as it does not violate any rules and you really cannot do anything to stop me and I would just as easily say the same stuff elsewhere as I am not obligated to say anything to cater to you.

Sales and finances do not amount to squat when it comes to how actually good a game is.

Wario Land 4 is a platformer with an entire book written about in terms of good game design that had worse sales than the infamous Sonic 06 and all of that good game design was carried over to make even greater advances with the critically acclaimed Pizza Tower.

In the same vein, Level-5's finances certainly does nothing to change the fact Pokemon has hit such a low bar that Yo-Kai Watch 3 at least DOESN'T have a bug that wipes your entire save file for downloading its massive amount of DLC (all of which is free, mind you.)
Don't care about Pokémon or Yo-Kai Watch, but I kinda agree with the idea. Although I think love should have some base conditions, like, if it's toxic and hurts more than it does good, you should move to something else. Easy to say, I know.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 369558

Sales and finances do not amount to squat when it comes to how actually good a game is, so that really does nothing to disprove my points.

If the Pokemon games were actually good, I would not be able to say anything """negative""" in the first place and even then I do not have to go far to find plenty of forums, threads or videos sharing the exact same sentiments from a huge number of other people.
would you mind stop putting words in my mouth and actually answer the question?

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
would you mind stop putting words in my mouth and actually answer the question?
I don't have to answer a loaded question. What I post on any site whether it be all the Yo-Kai Watch World and Puni Puni variants on my YouTube Community posts or Pokemon criticism whenever and wherever I feel like it is none of your business and I am not obligated to post anything to please you. I'm afraid you're just gonna have to cope with it.

chock it up to me being slightly narked that the only other person who's played yo-kai watch on this forum praises it by dunking on an other franchise. i mean it doesn't paint a very good picture
I'm my own person and I have my own thoughts. I don't know you. I am not obligated to associate with you either. I am allowed to compare games that share a genre just as I did with Sonic, Wario Land and Pizza Tower yet no one is going to bat an eye for saying Wario Land 4 and Pizza Tower are better platformers than Sonic 06 as it is incredibly silly to act like criticism of a game is some kind of personal attack.

If you're seriously convinced people have to share the exact same thought process just because they both indulge in a certain series, I am afraid you are going to be VERY disappointed because life doesn't work that way and I certainly do not need approval from a total stranger on "what paints a good picture" of me.

Don't care about Pokémon or Yo-Kai Watch, but I kinda agree with the idea. Although I think love should have some base conditions, like, if it's toxic and hurts more than it does good, you should move to something else. Easy to say, I know.
543.jpeg

Pokemon has been intentionally designing games to get you to play other games or spend time doing other things.

Been pretty easy for me to play, support and praise indie games that actually want people to play their games like Disc Creatures, Monster Sanctuary, Nexomon, TemTem and many others regardless of what anyone thinks of me over stuff THEY claim doesn't actually matter. It's honestly only been motivating me in my journey to learn to code, program, web develop, sprite and study game design so I can invest in my own ideas and take notes on the especially good game design of YKW games.

Heck, my courses in those fields also cover Web3 and making an NFT. If I were to complete that portion and get good practice in, it would be a good grounds to apply to The Pokemon Company on their recent job opening for someone needed in that field. Assuming the drama of the supposed Pokemon NFTs emd up being true and I were fortunate enough to get accepted, I'm sure it could make a lucrative side gig for those that want to have fun buying the stereotypical "ugly monkey png" with a Pokemon logo on it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't have to answer a loaded question. What I post on any site whether it be all the Yo-Kai Watch World and Puni Puni variants on my YouTube Community posts or Pokemon criticism whenever and wherever I feel like it is none of your business and I am not obligated to post anything to please you. I'm afraid you're just gonna have to cope with it.

I'm my own person and I have my own thoughts. I don't know you. I am not obligated to associate with you either. I am allowed to compare games that share a genre just as I did with Sonic, Wario Land and Pizza Tower yet no one is going to bat an eye for saying Wario Land 4 and Pizza Tower are better platformers than Sonic 06 as it is incredibly silly to act like criticism of a game is some kind of personal attack.

If you're seriously convinced people have to share the exact same thought process just because they both indulge in a certain series, I am afraid you are going to be VERY disappointed because life doesn't work that way and I certainly do not need approval from a total stranger on "what paints a good picture" of me.

View attachment 369560

Pokemon has been intentionally designing games to get you to play other games or spend time doing other things.

Been pretty easy for me to play, support and praise indie games that actually want people to play their games like Disc Creatures, Monster Sanctuary, Nexomon, TemTem and many others regardless of what anyone thinks of me over stuff THEY claim doesn't actually matter. It's honestly only been motivating me in my journey to learn to code, program, web develop, sprite and study game design so I can invest in my own ideas and take notes on the especially good game design of YKW games.

Heck, my courses in those fields also cover Web3 and making an NFT. If I were to complete that portion and get good practice in, it would be a good grounds to apply to The Pokemon Company on their recent job opening for someone needed in that field. Assuming the drama of the supposed Pokemon NFTs emd up being true and I were fortunate enough to get accepted, I'm sure it could make a lucrative side gig for those that want to have fun buying the stereotypical "ugly monkey png" with a Pokemon logo on it.
so no you won’t stop putting words in my mouth then

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Warning Issued
so no you won’t stop putting words in my mouth then
loadedquestion.jpg

What I post on any site whether it be all the Yo-Kai Watch World and Puni Puni variants on my YouTube Community posts or Pokemon criticism whenever and wherever I feel like it is none of your business and I am not obligated to post anything to please you. I'm afraid you're just gonna have to cope with it.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
what presumption? surely asking if you post other things is an attempt to not make presumptions
Why are you asking questions about someone sharing their unpopular video game opinions on an unpopular video game opinions thread?

See? I can do it too.

I'll post as I please and you can't do a thing about it. Cope.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why are you asking questions about someone sharing their unpopular video game opinions on an unpopular video game opinions thread?

See? I can do it too.

I'll post as I please and you can't do a thing about it. Cope.
i really don’t know why you’re getting a nark on over a simple question

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
loaded with what?
With the presumption of what I choose to post about on my own personal account with forum messages that do not violate any rules. As said, I will post what I want and I do not owe anything to you to post what you want, let alone do I owe you any answers on what I choose to do.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
With the presumption of what I choose to post about on my own personal account with forum messages that do not violate any rules. As said, I will post what I want and I do not owe anything to you to post what you want, let alone do I owe you any answers on what I choose to do.
and I told you there weren’t any presumptions. it was an observation and I thought surely that’s not all they post maybe I should ask

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
and I told you there weren’t any presumptions. it was an observation and I thought surely that’s not all they post maybe I should ask
Then perhaps maybe you should do so on a private message which are often designed to discuss things between particular parties to get to know someone better and what they choose to do personally as opposed to trying to make a public display of it with someone freely sharing their own unpopular video game opinions on an unpopular video game opinions thread.

Don't know about you, but if I want to ask things about someone more personally and one to one, I do it through personal DMs.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Then perhaps maybe you should do so on a private message which are often designed to discuss things between particular parties to get to know someone better and what they choose to do personally as opposed to trying to make a public display of it with someone freely sharing their own unpopular video game opinions on an unpopular video game opinions thread.

Don't know about you, but if I want to ask things about someone more personally and one to one, I do it through personal DMs.
nobody else on the forum ever seems to have a problem with sharing

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
nobody else on the forum ever seems to have a problem with sharing
I share what I do in my free time with people that actually took the time to know me cuz that's what friends do. I do not know you and I am not obligated to share or relay what I do with a complete stranger.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I share what I do in my free time with people that actually took the time to know me cuz that's what friends do. I do not know you and I am not obligated to share or relay what I do with a complete stranger.
but that’s what an internet forum is for

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
but that’s what an internet forum is for
This is a thread on said forums for sharing unpopular video game opinions. It is not a "What do you do with your account?" thread. That's what DMs and personal messages are for.

I do not OWE you an answer to what is a loaded question as far as I am concerned, so I will not GIVE you an answer to it and you can't make me. Simple as that. Get over it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is a thread on said forums for sharing unpopular video game opinions. It is not a "What do you do with your account?" thread. That's what DMs and personal messages are for.

I do not OWE you an answer to what is a loaded question as far as I am concerned, so I will not GIVE you an answer to it and you can't make me. Simple as that. Get over it.
and I told you it wasn’t loaded. if you want to appear aloof then you do you but you’re coming across as toxic

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
and I told you it wasn’t loaded. if you want to appear aloof then you do you but you’re coming across as toxic
Then there would be no issue asking what someone does with their personal account through a private message instead.

Again, I don't know you so I really do not care what you think of me or how I appear to complete strangers.

pokemon-quotes-cover_800.png

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Then there would be no issue asking what someone does with their personal account through a private message instead.

Again, I don't know you so I really do not care what you think of me or how I appear to complete strangers
it’s not about what I think of you it’s about you being a jack***

cause at this point what you’re saying is “I don’t know you so I don’t owe you the basics of human communication”

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
it’s not about what I think of you it’s about you being a jack***
Guess I am since I am not going to answer your question especially if you choose to throw out meaningless empty insults.

adhominem.jpg

pokemon-quotes-cover_800.png

Cause at this point what you’re saying is “I don’t know you so I don’t owe you the basics of human communication”
Last I checked, human communication involves things like respect which involves not getting into their personal matters if they don't want you to and not resorting to petty name-calling.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Guess I am since I am not going to answer your question especially if you choose to throw out meaningless empty insults.

View attachment 369566

View attachment 369567

Last I checked, human communication involves things like respect which involves not getting into their personal matters if they don't want you to and not resorting to petty name-calling.
You really don’t hear how you sound do you

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
You really don’t hear how you sound do you
I don't care how I sound, especially to a complete stranger I don't know. Tone isn't exactly easy to transfer over to text anyway and even if this was a voice conversation, I would be just as blunt.

Really doesn't matter since that is also just an ad hominem.
adhominem.jpg

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't care how I sound, especially to a complete stranger I don't know. Tone isn't exactly easy to transfer over to text anyway and even if this was a voice conversation, I would be just as blunt.

Really doesn't matter since that is also just an ad hominem.
View attachment 369568
I didn’t attack your character, you sabotaged it. I told you several times that the question was not intended to be loaded but you didn’t listen anytime this painting yourself as someone who refuses to move from their stance

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I didn’t attack your character, you sabotaged it
Says you. I really do not have to value what you say about me.

I told you several times that the question was not intended to be loaded but you didn’t listen anytime this painting yourself as someone who refuses to move from their stance

You're the one refusing to ask a personal question of what someone chooses to do on their personal account on their personal time through personal messages if it is not such a big deal.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, that went way out of hand when it could of been avoided...

fogbadge fogbadge , you need to stop going into threads and profile comments and butting in people's business. If the user doesn't want to explain themself, they don't need to. This is NOT the first time we have gotten complaints about your behavior being overly defensive, obnoxious, condescending, negative, and hostile. This could of have been avoided had you not asked a stupid question. You are completely in the wrong here.

DrCoeloCephalo DrCoeloCephalo likewise, we have had issues with you and your behavior. You consistently post slightly passive-aggressive responses FULLY knowing that it will illicit a negative reaction from people. If you don't want to answer a question (which was honestly not a bad question in the slightest), then just say "I don't want to answer it" instead of encouraging a user to engage in what literally became a primary shcoolground slapfest. You know what you posted and you know how it would affect people. You are also completely at fault.

Both of you are acting extremely childish and toxic.

The thread is closed for the time being. I will be issuing warnings in the next few hours as I have something to take care of.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A few days have passed, so I think it's okay to unlock this again.

Not really much to say other than please make sure to respect another person's opinion, no matter how 'bad' it might be. There is a difference between elaborating on oneself and outright arguing. If you need 'justification' on an opinion you disagree with, at that point it would be best to take it straight to PMs.

Top Bottom