• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Are Your Top 5 Favorite Mega Man Moves in Sm4sh?

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
This is just something for fun and for us to have a good time. The title is self-explanatory. List 5 moves that you like. Whether it be how good the move is, how satisfying it is, animations, visuals, sound effects, etc. Explanations are also welcomed.

I'll start off this thread with my list currently.

1. Mega Upper/U-Tilt- Nothing more satisfying than punching someone/thing under the chin and sending them up.
2. Slash Claw/Bair - I thought I was playing Mega Man, not Strider Hiryu? Ching ching!
3. Air Shooter/Uair - It's a gaint windbox that does 21% and can combo into itself. What's not to love about it?
4. Metal Blade/Neutral-B - It doesn't matter what game you're in, you somehow find a way to be op. Just in different ways. lol
5. Super Arm/Grab - Talk about being disrespectful man. You can't just pick someone/thing up with just 1 hand and hold them like that as if they're a baby or something.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Damn, your list is the same as mine. I mean, how could I not put U-Tilt as #1? It's a great OOS option and can kill pretty early too. :p

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
1. The SHORYUKEN (U-tilt)
2. Spark Shock, because it's a good move and the boss it originates from has one of my favorite themes in gaming.
3. Slash claw (bair), mega man is now wolverine
4. Flame Sword (fair), a good move and looks cool to use as well
5. Tie between Grab (a reference to how Guts Man throws rocks at you with one hand) and Metal Blade

Unix

Smash Cadet
1. Flame Blast

2. Rock Uppercut

3. Leaf Shield

4. Charge Shot

5. Back Throw

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
1. Flame Blast

2. Rock Uppercut

3. Leaf Shield

4. Charge Shot

5. Back Throw
LOOOOL
This is a 12/10 post

1: METAL BLADE

Excellent move that starts mega man's advantage state. Highly versatile and allows the user a TON of room for creativity. Just as crazy as it was in Mega Man 2 (MAAAAAN I wish we could throw 2...)

2: MEGA UPPER

The hype move in mega man's kit. Kills at absurdly low percentages and powers through unsafe sh approaches. Pretty good OoS move (unfortunately we have to wait 7 frames to drop shield first T_T) and devastating finisher. You end your opponent's stock and their career.

3: AIR SHOOTER

The most confusing move in mega man's kit and one of the stupidest. 15% at average when this thing hits!? Incredible. Another amazing anti air and useful up close on sheild after a pellet string.

4: SLASH CLAW

It's just insane how early this thing kills for how how fast it comes out and how much range it has. Excellent for edge guards and can even begin footstool locks!

5:
image.jpeg
BOMB

While generally unreliable, I always loved the concept of sticky bombs in combat. Immediately forces your opponent into a predicament and makes them predictable. Can start combos, stage spikes, footstool combos...the possibilities are endless, but all difficult to pull off in practice. I think this move has the most untapped potential in mega man's kit. It's time to go to work!

Last edited:

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
It's late and I'm lazy so use your imagination for pics here.

1.) The megabuster. It's the weapon that started it all. I love getting a sweets pot Nair off stage and watching people die in the blast zone or fall to their doom because they exhausted their double jump.

2.) Slash claw- it has some cool animation and I love chaining it offstage to force people to the blast zone. Sometimes resulting in a 0-death if you read your opponents air dodge or DI.

3.) Metal blade. So many uses for this... creation from the robot lords. Should be in every megaman game. And is essentially our real normal attack now.

4.) Crash bomb- I love this move only because of the laughs I get from throwing it out. Stick them, they shield, fsmash for a shield break? Yes please. Stick them get the grab? Up throw to your doom. What's that? You tried to gimp my but my bomb was on the stage? Tell me how that works out for you.

5.) This was a tough choice. But I suppose I'll be lazy and pick both.

Rush and mega upper. Nothing feels as satisfying as landing that upper. It's like the angels sing when the move connects. Don't you hear it? *insert falcon star KO here.*

But what boy is complete without his trusty sidekick and best friend? Rush has absolutely no power for anything other than setting up the u air combo and saving you from a smile on occasion. But I do get a kick out of it when I play a little mac and I just bounce over his head for three and a half minutes or until he gets tired of jumping after me and SD's. Or even better yet, when he tries to side me and I rush coiled away, allowing him to finally get his fame. It is quite funny to see a mack side b off rush and have no control over what is happening. ♡♡♡♡

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Charge Shot
Flame Blast
Metal Blade
Air Shooter
Shadow Blade. Yeah. It's a custom but It's a cool weapon.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Mega Buster
Metal Blade
Skull barrier
Air Shooter
Slash Claw

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, this looks fun this far. :157:
Here's my list !
  1. Mega Buster (Jab/FTilt/NAir): Don't get me wrong, Mega Man has mover that are much better in getting and abusing our advantage state, but when you want to get on someone, you HAVE to start showering them in lemonade. The Jab Hitbox is rather underwhelming, but oooooh boy does the NAir Hitbox bring the bacon home. Just watch ScAtt vs Dabuz and you might see what I mean. That thing kicks EVERYTHING AWAY ! It might not be safe on shield, but when it hits... you get full/partial stage control, and that's 100% worth it.
  2. Leaf Shield (DownB): This one is here because, well, the rotating salad is a wonder of Sm4sh. When it the game came out, no one knew or had a single idea of how to use this thing effectively. Enter our boy StylesX2, posting a video where he started footstooling people with it. That's when we started using it like we do. Not to mention, it is our only non-Custom move to have got buffed XD
    (Shoutouts to Hyper Bomb & Ice Slasher)
  3. Slash Claw & Mega Upper (BAir & UTilt) : I couldn't not put these two here, but I couldn't choose one of them either, so here they are... Both are wonderful kill moves, with UTilt being a potent Anti-Air anf BAir being able to Jab Lock with the 1st & 2nd hitboxes. Connecting a BAir can be hard on some characters without consequent Labbing *looks at Olimar & Alph*, but both of them found setups thanks to the next move on the list... And they just feel soooo good to hit with :yeahboi:
  4. Metal Blade & Crash Bomb (NeutralB & SideB) : Sorry guys, these ones are pretty low, but well... personal preferences happen (not to mention that many people don't like Crash Bomb that much :psycho: )
    These things open so many combo opportunities that it isn't even close to being a joke anytime soon. Metal Blade was already good, starting with the classic Z1gma Upper (shoutouts to Z1GMA Z1GMA ), then we discovered (who did it, I don't know) the fabulousness of Z-Drop Combos, and now we have @mattyg & Kamemushi going ham with them XD
    That stupid blade can even open even more random strings put nowhere...

On the other side, Crash Bomb is kinda obnoxious. It is just easy to block, laggy and gives no advantage if you just shoot it randomly. But if used correctly, you can cancel moves at low %s, get a random throw to kill or just pressure shields. Heck, there was even time where edgeguarders got stage spiked by it, or times where it saved a few people by giving them a bonus Rush use. The thing can also give you free BAirs if you can manage to get the string going. It has lots of potential, but is hard to use, since it predactibility often makes things... unpredictable. :smirk:
  5. Air Shooter (UAir) : This one was hard to choose from. I was wondering if Hard Knucle (DAir) should take the spot (Relatively safe Meteor, Auto-Cancels, allows Vertical Pressure if used correctly), or if Slide (DTilt) should be given a chance (Quick burst movement with intangible legs for the 12 first frames, allows to punish some aerials & rolls), but Air Man's weapon just nailed it.
    The move is just a silly tornado, and yet no one fully understands how it works :confused:
    It has a windbox that scales with damage (I think ? ) at the end of its duration, and this property allows it to kill ridiculously early or not, given your accuracy AND your opponent's reaction (since Jump = Death, unless you are Jiggs and jump early enough). There are times when you can kill grounded opponents, and some when the move will just stall someone in the air, allowing you to snag in a quick BAir.
    That move is still a huge mistery, and that's why we love it :076:

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You're a boss, Diamond Octobot Diamond Octobot .

My list is not based on how good the moves are - rather how awesome thay are:
1. Dair: The most satisfying spike in the game. It's just so awesome to have a downward projectile that spikes.

2. nB: Love the Sound Effect and a very fun Combo Tool.

3. dB: Again, the Sound Effect and the shenanigans.

4. Jab/Ftilt/Nair: The moves that represent the classic 8-bit-games the most.

5. Fsmash: I love the X-games for the SNES, and this move reminds me of them. Very satisfying to land this move at higher %s.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
1. Air Shooter. It's never not fun to watch this deceptively powerful move send your opponent to the heavens.

2. Hard Knuckle/Mega Upper. Is there anything as satisfying as landing an uppercut to the jaw? Maybe another fist to send its victim to the depths.

3. Spark Shock. A decent Smash Attack, and has a really cool sound effect while it's discharging.

4. Charge Shot. Not often that I nail my opponent with it, but I love hearing the sound effect while it's revving up. And it's kinda nice to have an FSmash that can reach out and touch someone.

5. Metal Blade. It's a Metal Blade. What else needs to be said?

Baron Cappuccino

Smash Rookie
Charge Shot - I used to use these way too much. When asked what is best in life, Conan's answer was supposed to be connecting with one of these as your opponent tries to get back on the stage, but Arnold has a talent for improv, and the rest is history.

Hard Knuckle - Nobody expects these. I can't footstool combo, but if I do manage to footstool, I get lucky following up here.

Air Shooter - Lots of surprise wins from these. I feel great if I catch someone in this after a Spark Shock, which used to be my second most used move after Charge Shot. Now I'm learning.

Leaf Shield - Pretty versatile, leaves are. They're not just for hiding the junk in classical art anymore. Long range too.

Clash Bomb - I like opening with it. The long range helps me mentally take initiative and sets the tone of the match.

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
Up Tilt - Super fun to land and cool sound effect.

Down Smash - Badass and visually pleasing.

Metal Blade - Huge Mega Man 2 fan and Metal Man's power was broken in that game.

Back Air - Cool sounds and strong in general

Jab/F-tilt/N-air - Very 8-bit esque and classic

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
1. Mega Upper: There's plenty of satisfying moves in the game, but this is easily one of the best.

2. Charge Shot: Not as good as I think it should be, but still satisfying nonetheless. That and I like it passes through all other projectiles, almost like a Mortal Kombat fireball. I think this can trip people up as most others in the game and many other fighters will have them clash into each other.

3. Top Spin: It just feels good to use, despite being only being okay at best.

4. Leaf Shield: I find that it interrupts a lot of moves up close, and it deals with Spamming Links fairly well. Getting a Ledge guard kill with it is the most useful thing it does. And having a constant hitbox, even when blocking or dodging is cool too. Being a close range and projectile move is sick.

5. Spark Needle: I just like it. And it looks really cool.

Shout Outs to the Metal Blade too. It's too useful not to mention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom