• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Are Your Most Awesome For Glory Matches?

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I was just wondering what some of your most awesome For Glory matches? I had one match where I used Ness' PK Thunder to cut off a Samus's recovery. It felt delicious and I don't know why?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
My favorite moment was when I was playing as Palutena and I reflected a villager's tree right back on him for the knockout :)

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
This one Mewtwo player named Ryu. He knew his stuff. I loved the matches with him after digging in the crud storm of casuals (cough):4link::4littlemac:(cough). I enjoyed every match examining his movements and watching us zone each other out in tense moments. I love it when I get to have great matches with good players.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this was 3DS FG.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Whenever I'm matched up with a good player that has good connection. This happened once and never again. It was a Mewtwo. I beat him the first and the third match and I got 2 stocked the second one.
Admittely I mostly just remember these matches in the first place because, well, it's impossible to forget being down by almost 100%, reading an airdodge midstage and KOing your opponent at 55% with Lucina's FSmash.

Synjid

Smash Rookie
Whenever I'm matched up with a good player that has good connection..
^ This.

Just yesterday I played against a Cloud (main?) who handed my ass to me by literally using side B 95% of the time, while I failed to read it every single time. It was miserable, but it still felt better than matches where you feel lags ruining your timing. And having a good connection made me feel like playing more with this player, and I won a few matches eventually.

I also save replays when I win from a surprise spike or tipper Fsmash though. Still feels pretty damn awesome.

Last edited:

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
Anytime I pull off Witch Time into a Smash attack. It's just such a satisfying feeling.

Jackguti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackguti
I was playing as my boi :4luigi: against a :4fox:. I already win the matchup but for the first stock I managed to hard a misfire so that was satisfying. After awhile I trumped him at the ledge for a dtaunt spike.

Also, I played:4feroy: and I won the game in like 20 seconds after two dthrow->dair->downb gimp

KirbCider

Smash Ace
1. :4bayonetta: VS :4ryu:
I once managed to combo a Ryu and Bair him off stage, Witch Time his Shoryuken, Witch Twist from under him, jump off his head, Bair him into a stage spike while saving him with another Witch Twist, Witch Twisting his Side B, and Witch Timing another attempted Shoryuken to make it back to the stage while finishing him off with another Bair. Needless to say this was a 20 second long edge guard and after he respawned he just sort of sat there like he was trying to process what the heck just happened.

2. :4dedede: VS :4lucario:
Was up against this decent Lucario who was starting to make a vicious comeback on his second stock. Both of us were on our last ones and with his aura he was becoming scarier by the minute; however I manged to land a good F-Smash on him to knock him off stage. While he was off I charged Jet Hammer, and he tried recovering low but didn't latch onto the edge sadly.

He basically fell into my Jet Hammer hoping he could latch onto the edge before I could hit him. Didn't work.

3. :4bayonetta: VS :4cloud2:
Managed to recently 0 to death a Cloud that couldn't DI out of Bayonettas Combos on his first stock. Typical Cloud who liked to Limit Charge and roll, spam F-Smash, charge again. He got close to the edge where I extended Heel Slide, Utilted, Witch Twisted into Fair into another Witch Twist which brought him off stage, and finished with a Dair after the second Witch Twist which resulted in meteor smashing him. Luckily the stage had a wall so I was able to use Side B, then wall jump to the edge thankfully.

I would of died otherwise. On the bright side that Cloud got very aggro after that instead of Limit Charging the whole time...

Last edited:

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
My best FG matches are when I came from behind and won from a serious deficit. This has only happened roughly twice.

:4charizard: vs. :4mario:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n6e1mvwgJA
Mario was kicking my *** effortlessly took off my first stock with an early stage spike and I was at 149% damage while he was at 0%. I manage to take off his one stock and then take off his second and win when I was at 190+ damage, he couldn't get his confirm off of me. I have the match linked above.

:4charizard: vs. :4drmario:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYCs_8lx_4
Another case of losing my first stock and being worked to death percents before I could get any momentum going. Like the above my opponent couldn't get the kill shot in before I came from behind and won.

Last edited:

Xandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
xandrasmash
The very few times when I don't play against excessive taunters, ragequitters or spammers. Playing against those people makes me love the good players that have good connection and respect their opponent even more. They're rare but when you do run into them, they're so much fun, win or lose.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
After I had just gotten the game and was trying to learn Villager, I battled this incredibly obnoxious C. Falcon on For Glory. Seriously, the player was obviously more skilled than myself at the time; I was on the defensive constantly, not really knowing how to play the character, just kinda running around the stage, hoping not to embarrass myself too much. But that didn't stop the player from taunting after every hit that sent me careening from one end of the map to the other. And oh boy, after he took my first stock?

Show me your moves!
*dash*dash*dash*
Show me your moves!

Man, that pissed me off lol. So I respawn, he's showboating all over the place, but I quickly manage to take a stock off the player by pecking him off the stage via my slingshot and a well-placed bowling bowl to gimp his recovery.

Of course, I had to dance.

You know how you can sometimes read a player's emotional state by their in-game actions? This guy was livid.

"Oh, so this noob is gonna taunt after getting one lucky shot in? Time to go HAM on this scrub!" I imagined him saying. And boy, he amped his offense up to 11 o_0

i was getting knocked around for a good bit after taking his stock (and Villager's lengthy taunt didn't do me any favors), but soon started to adjust to the player's somewhat reckless aggression. Even still, when looking at the percents it seemed too little too late.

So the match is reaching its inevitable conclusion, and I decide to go for broke--I plant my seed immediately after getting a good bit of distance from this frenzied Falcon player.
He's shrinking the space between us as I frantically mash down+B.
The tree sprouts.
I swing my axe.
He's in the air, thirsty to seal the win with his character's powerful patella.
I swing again.

It was in this moment that the player's foolhardy aggression caught up to him--and he knew it, too. He quickly dropped to the ground and shielded as the awesome might of my timber shattered his only line of defense.

And so my opponent was forced to watch his beloved C. Falcon hobble in his stunned state, helpless as my bowling ball came smashing down upon him, taking his final stock.

But not before I danced one last time ;)

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Two of my funniest replays are a classical Little Mac SDing twice in a row in a few seconds, and one in wich after getting a kill with Lucina and getting the opponent to 60% damage, I got AFK and let him kill my first stock. Then he tried to Falcon Punch me after I respawned....

The very few times when I don't play against excessive taunters, ragequitters or spammers. Playing against those people makes me love the good players that have good connection and respect their opponent even more. They're rare but when you do run into them, they're so much fun, win or lose.
I hear you, it is hard to find a decent player in Roll Glory.

By the way, to everybody here, if you found me (JoanAP) on For Glory 3DS and you saw me disconnect, all I can say is: I am terribly sorry for using you as a guinea pig to test the effects of the "Draw Button"glitch, but you can assure, this will never happen again and I'll take the terrible exploit I have accidentaly discovered to my grave.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Playing against taunters and teabaggers and returning the favor by beating them at their own game.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
Probably winning a 4 player for glory match with jigglypuff. That and being in another 4 player match where everyone countered each other's counter.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
CounterCounters? Sound hillarious. You saved the replay I suppose

Top Bottom