• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your best/wildest moments while playing Smash?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I've seen this type of thread in a lot of other gaming forums and thought it would be a good fit here. I'll start with my favorite moment. My brother and I were playing a 1v1 time battle. I was Donkey Kong and he was Wario. We ended up tied at the end of 5 minutes so naturally sudden death occurs. I used my dash attack and he used his side special and we collide in the middle of the stage. Freeze frame hits and we both stop and wait to see who wins. The answer was.... neither? Both damage bars show us as KO'd before it awarded the win to Wario, who was player 1. Maybe not the most crazy thing to ever happen in a game of Smash, but I've played every game since Melee and this was the first time I'd ever seen an outright draw.

So what are some of your best stories?

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Here's one of my best experiences in Ultimate so far: I was doing a few 1v1 Quickplay matches trying to get Donkey Kong into Elite, when suddenly, the game randomly puts me in a 3v3 match against Mario and Greninja. Fine. The battle begins, a little bit of lag, Paper Mario omega form. The Mario player was probably a beginner, he just gets close and attacks, no tactics or combos. The Greninja player was definitely more experienced, and knows when to counter and when to side B efficiently. So, I'm kinda getting beaten at the center of the stage by both sides, til Mario gets bored of me and decides to go after the Greninja at the right corner. They start punching each other, when I send them both in the air with a Dash A, and in the exact moment they both attempt to jump back, I do an Air Forward A, meteor smashing them both to the abyss at the SAME TIME. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one in shock at that amazing maneuver, since the Mario player went full rage against me, and the Greninja just stood there in the revival platform, contemplating his life choices I suppose. I won the match in the end and just so you know, I'm not a pro with DK, I got him into Elite after a while, but I'm not a confident DK player at all!

There's also that time I accidently SD myself in the worst way possible with Kirby, in one of the most intense battles I ever had against a Joker online, but that one's for another time.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Me (Bowser) vs. a Hero, last stock. He spikes me when I'm just a smidge over the side of the ledge, freeze frame and everything. In my frantic panic mash to do anything I can to survive, I manage to tech jump off the side of the ledge (not the stage mind you, the side of the ledge) back onto the stage and Fsmash his landing FTW. It took a few seconds for me to process what just happened.

I am pissed that I wasn't recording that battle and hit the wrong button instead of saving the replay.

Last edited:

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
The first 18 seconds of my only Ganondorf Highlight Video.

Pictochat w stage hazards. 4 player FFA. 4th player already eliminated. As Ganondorf, I catch both Peach and Mario with a late Dair. Then, right as time is about to expire, I KO Peach with an Fsmash. Mario and me in Sudden Death. I dash forward twice, quickly, then throw a down B to catch the Mario off guard, winning the match.

Near the end of the video I got a filthy KO from offstage with the down B. Also one of the wildest wins of my smash career.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I go to a friend's house usually every week to play. Several other friends of his sometimes attend as well. One of them likes to talk big and can sometimes run his mouth a bit when he loses. It is not uncommon for him to say that, despite losing, he would win if we were to play a proper set instead of rotate 1v1s, stating he had not had time to properly download me as his opponent, or that he wasn't able to properly counter-pick stages against me after a loss, or that I had just won by cheesing him or something, just general stuff like that.

We usually rotate 1v1s or do that Smash tourney thing so nobody has to wait too long for a turn.

Well, it so happened that all of us went to a weekly together to see what the local scene was like.

Guess who I ran into in-bracket.

Yup!

And I beat him. I'm never gonna let him forget that one. It's probably my best Smash moment, kicking his ass in the weekly tourney, and yep he was salty about it too. I still heckle him over it.

Last edited:

Superxav12

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-9971-2240
I was playing team battles online and me and this mario player were killing it. I did a skewer and then he followed up with a finishing blow, and we were both were playing in unison. Team battles in general are fun when both players work together.

Also winning my first 1v1 tourney with Dark Samus, I was just playing for fun and did not expect to make it that far

......Also when I played my first online match in ultimate, I was fighting a Ness and I 3 stocked him while ending the match with a spike

.........Also,Also the first time I got caught in Luigi's insta kill combo I was in shock. I was playing Ridley too, so I could not escape it, lol

Top Bottom