• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you buying to prepare/tide you over until Brawl?

matthewdw94*

Smash Apprentice
SmashBros is a couple months away, and with many accesories that could be used for the game, which ones will you be buying?

I'll be getting this, it's serves as a wavebird so it can also be used for vc games(along with gamecube games duh). The other thing I might get is a 2 gig memory card to replace my 1 gig. However I'll only do that if I run out of space. To tide me over I'll be getting super mario strikers charged and new super mario bros. Yeah, thats what I'm gettin but what are YOU GETTIN 0_o

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I don't need to buy anything i have 3 gcube controllers I think thats enough. And a sd memory card.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm getting the wifi connector thing for my computer..

And maybe 3 Gamecube controllers.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Your gonna buy a new tv for a game? (no offence)i didn't know people did that,but I'm sure they do.
I guess I should've been more specific, but I've had the same TV since my Sega Genesis days. I'd say it's a load of crap. It was one of the better tvs back then, but now, whenever my buddies and I are playing smash, it starts to flicker and whatnot. I figure I'm going to go all out and get a plasma or something. :laugh:

Cog

Smash Apprentice
I'll probly get an 2G SD card, and the controller from Thrustmaster, since its multipurpose and totally wirless.
Regarding the TV, well if you got the money go for it. That way you can play in Wide Screen!

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
Gotta get me a wavebird...no offense but that thrustmaster doesn't look very comfortable

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
-Comcast wireless internet

-2 white GCN controllers (i have 2 black ones but they are getting older...)

-a 6ft gcn cable extender (wavebirds are not always tourney legal for some reason, plus i don't wanna have to buy any more batteries then i am already.)

-already got a 1 gb sd card. (for screen shots, video, and stage builder

-Mario galaxy, and Guitar Hero 3 (to tide me over)

-Lots of caffeine filled drinks

-Sleep (for once it comes out, i will not sleep for a long time)

BTW-where can you get that wave bird it looks comfy!!

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Probably a 2gb SD card... but besides that I have everything that I need, just waiting for Brawl now.

Edit: Hmm, maby 2 6 feet cable extensions for gamecube controllers so me and my Bro don't have to sit so close to the tv...

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably going to gear up with the Thrustmaster and give a proper Viking funeral to my Superpad, the Masamune (I call it that because only I can use it. It's a C-Stick thing, and a joke about an aspect of Sephiroth's sword that some people forget about.)
I also will probably stock up on Orange Crush (my life blood) to keep me going when I play Brawl well into the night.
I don't need an SD card, since I have plenty of room left and I can always carry my character data back and forth via Wii Remote.
I might try to get a better gaming chair, the one I got last year for Christmas is already started to fall apart.
Other than that, all I can think of is meaningless merchandise and of course the game itself.
I'll be ready when Brawl hits, because I'm planning on taking my brother's minifridge and putting it in my room, than completely filling it with soda and other assorted snacks like a freakin' armory. It makes me feel like the Punisher....a much nerdier version of the Punisher...

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
ive already got 4gcn controllers1classic 2 nunchuks and 2 wiimotes so im fine red bull is a must i plan on getting a new tv later (i have to save the money) so thats it oh and ive got a 2gig memory card i prepared when i heard the game was announced 2 mays ago

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Well I have 6 controllers, but some aren't very reliable. So I might get one more just to have a nice one for myself.

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
i still need to get a wii.....

if it actually gets released in japan on time ill get one

ill prob just get all 4 controller options available

and maybe a toilet set up in my room, so i never have to leave the tv again......

shn

Smash Rookie
I bought the classic controller just to try it out, since my GC controller is fudged up, and i was pleasantly surprised.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
-1 or 2 new GC controllers (old are getting bad)
-New tv (Not for brawl, but serves also for brawl :))
-2 SD cards
-Maybe a new chair in common?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
SmashBros is a couple months away, and with many accesories that could be used for the game, which ones will you be buying?

I'll be getting this, it's serves as a wavebird so it can also be used for vc games(along with gamecube games duh). The other thing I might get is a 2 gig memory card to replace my 1 gig. However I'll only do that if I run out of space. Yeah, thats what I'm gettin but what are YOU GETTIN 0_o
that looks like an ps2 controller.
ill be looking for a Ngc Controllers and playing halo3 on xboxlive.

iMichael

Smash Lord
* 2 packs of Monster energy drinks

* Snacks =D

* Clear eyes......Wow

Already got

1 gig SD card

Controllers

Wii (duh)

Wireless and Wired internet =D

SliK

Smash Journeyman
If the wireless connection sucks or fails allot online I'll buy the lan adapter.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I might need the LAN adapter soon... my WiFi thing is failing me at the moment.

I guess I can also use the SD card, although I am running low on money because I just bought a set of controllers online. (Hooray for discounts)

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
SD card
Prima's Guide for Brawl
Classic Controller (hopefully, they will make a wirless CC that is VERY close to the original, for the thrustmaster looks like a peice of crap)
THE GAME

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Wait, a guide? And moreover, a Prima's Guide?

I don't think you would need a guide for Brawl...

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Well let's see. I already have 4 wireless GC controllers, a Wii, wireless and wired internet (at school and at my house, respectively). I guess all I'd need is.

-snacks (for when my friends and I are going nuts)
-tissues (so I can dry my eyes after crying for joy at seeing the game on my tv for the first time)
-batteries for the controllers
-Guitar Hero III, Bleach DS, and Super Mario Galaxy to tide me over to Brawl's release

That should just about do it.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
I guess I should've been more specific, but I've had the same TV since my Sega Genesis days. I'd say it's a load of crap. It was one of the better tvs back then, but now, whenever my buddies and I are playing smash, it starts to flicker and whatnot. I figure I'm going to go all out and get a plasma or something. :laugh:
You're kidding right? Don't you know how fast Plasma TVs go bad when consoles are being used on them? ><

As for me? Well, the whole purpose of buying my Wii 7 monthes ago was for playing the newer Zelda games and Smash, everything else is just an addon =P

But if you would list it, just for this game I've buyed
-A Wii
-2 Wiimotes
-2 Nunchucks
-2 Gamecube controllers
-A 2GB SD card
-And a wireless router(Edimax 6204Bg)

Aren't I'm the Smash Fan =P(Btw I'm not loaded, I just got lucky with the dates(Holidays, Birthdays, etc.), the only thing I actually bought was the Wii itself and what comes with it =P)

Coselm

Smash Ace
Well my friend is going to give me all the junk to set up my wi fi (his dad works somewhere with wireless networking, so he gets it for free. can you say hookup?).

So I will just need

1. A fresh GCN controller. (gotta get a brand new controller for a brand new smash)

2. A months worth of food/beverages.

3. A bedpan.

That about covers it. Not going to leave my room for a month after it comes out.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
1) Thrustmaster Classic Controller. I would like to experiment with the classic controller for Brawl, and I need a CC anyways. Looks better then a regular CC as well. Nice that it serves as a GCN controller as well.

2) Another Nunchuck. I has 3 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchucks. wtf, lol, rite? YA!!!11!eleven! (maybe these sexy beasts if they come out in time...http://gear.ign.com/articles/840/840028p1.html)

3) No More Heroes. It comes out on my birthday (Gamestop claims so, although I haven't found an official release date anywhere else(?). I'll be engrossed in that if the claim is true, then switch between that and Brawl for a good while. Mostly Brawl though ;)

4) Lots of this...

5) Super Smash Bros Brawl

Sp1yd3r

Smash Cadet
im gettin the thrust master controller along with a gc controller if i can find one, did nintendo stop makin them?

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I needs more memory and controllers(i'm gonna make a heck of a lot of stages, pics, and whatever else they throw at us)!!!

Apdat

Smash Cadet
1. One new Gamecube controller becouse L,Z and C doesnt work on one of my old ones.
2. An SD Card so i can save all my stages i will make.
3. Alot of Energy drinks and Coke.
4. More interested friends (Right now all my friends talk about Counter.Strike or WoW :O)

Top Bottom