• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice What are the best and worst stages for each character?

boysilver400

Smash Apprentice
Sup everyone. Something I’ve always wondered was how good everyone was in each stage. There are some things that I know for sure, like how :ultkirby: is clearly at his best on FD and at his worst Lylat or BF. Or how :ultpalutena: best stage is BF, but with most of my experience just being from Fir Glory and Quickplay, I don’t really know much about how characters work on the other legal stage.

I’m especially interested to know about :ultroy::ultchrom: :ultfox: and :ultlucina: since I’ve been trying to look for a possible new main and want to know about more characters.

J.B.

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
1342-4251-4349
I'll just say for the characters I play in bracket: :ultdarkpit:/:ultpit: are terrible on Kalos. They're hard to kill with outside of edge-guarding, so the wide blast zones, high ceiling, vertical walls for wall jumps, and remote platforms to add to recovery options do them a tremendous disservice. For best, I would guess Lylat. I'm not 100% sure though. I explode on people a lot there thanks to the low plats, angled ledges, and small blast zones. But... The success may be influenced by the general matchup ignorance and most of the folks out here mutually deciding to avoid the stage in bracket. Also hard to pineapple there which gives me more screwy ways to recover with Power of Flight.

:ultinkling: is best on Smashville IMO. The single wide plat makes her conversions and juggling easy and the stage is small enough to run over people that can't deal with her speed or try to zone her out. I think Kalos is worst for her too. It's not as bad as it is for the Pits, but there's a lot of problems. Her basic ledge trapping is harder due to the side plats. You can't usually get the easy conversions on the plats either; like U-throw > U-air (land on plat) > U-air and so on. High ceiling means U-throw > U-air at high percent is harder to kill with.

Top Bottom