• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some tier list under-performers and over-performers?

SSB_Chai

Smash Rookie
Now that Smash Wii U is coming to a competitive close, what characters throughout all of BR tier lists have had lackluster results in comparison to where they've historically been on tier lists, and those who have under-performed? I haven't followed the competitive scene that much, but I've always been fascinated by how tier lists are made, and if I recall correctly character kits and potential are a factor on where characters are placed on tier lists.

Zenithvox

Smash Rookie
I never found jigglypuff to be bottom tier. She's the queen of edge guarding, and has a lot of really good moves.
Nair and fair are amazing for combos
Bair isn't hard to land at all
Side b Pierces shield and can lead into a Nair combo
Her up tilt can also begin juggling players

This is only from the few locals / "for glory" (200 ish hrs) that I've played though. I believe that a good puff with good reads can do a lot of damage.

Although rest isn't insane in this game, it's something that I found to be a good thing. In melee, jiggly is pretty much a camping tool until you can use your one hit KO move. Sure its "risk vs reward" but if you want to play aggro you won't get far. Unlike in smash 4, where I've won entire sets playing jiggly.

Last edited:

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I never found jigglypuff to be bottom tier. She's the queen of edge guarding, and has a lot of really good moves.
Nair and fair are amazing for combos
Bair isn't hard to land at all
Side b Pierces shield and can lead into a Nair combo
Her up tilt can also begin juggling players

This is only from the few locals / "for glory" (200 ish he's) that I've played though. I believe that a good puff with good reads can do a lot of damage.

Although rest isn't insane in this game, it's something that I found to be a good thing. In melee, jiggly is pretty much a camping tool until you can use your one hit KO move. Sure its "risk vs reward" but if you want to play aggro you won't get far. Unlike in smash 4, where I've won entire sets playing jiggly.
This, all of this, she isn't top tier but she's definitely not last.

Top Bottom