• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what are some reasons your most wanted WON'T make the cut?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Arle Nadja would only be totally absent if Sega drops the ball and doesn’t let Sakurai have her. She has not very good chances of being playable, though, since she didn’t defeat her biggest weakness until after the cutoff.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
Anna from Fire Emblem- The community thinks Smash has too many FE characters; which is a shame considering she would be the definitive FE representative considering she has appeared in most of the FE games and (if they go with Heroes design) she would finally be an axe user FE character.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anna from Fire Emblem- The community thinks Smash has too many FE characters; which is a shame considering she would be the definitive FE representative considering she has appeared in most of the FE games and (if they go with Heroes design) she would finally be an axe user FE character.
The only real exception to the “too many FE characters” law was if Lyn and/or Chrom joined...now that Chrom is in and Lyn is out, Anna might have to wait next game...ornbe an AT character (she really would’ve been the most unique character in the FE series, using every weapon type possible from the series)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Because it was all a dream and K Rool was disconfirmed...

Well since Pokemon Trainer/ Squirtle and K Rool are here, Im gonna go with Isaac (though Captain Toad is so deserving that he is pretty far up there). And Banjo...

Isaac: Because Robin is too similar. Because Golden Sun is dead. Because Fire Emblem spoiled the pot. Because Sakurai thinks of the game as unacceptable.

Banjo Kazooie: Because Microsoft is a jerk. Because we have Duck Hunt. Because they are a dead franchise. Because they are too old. Because they did not want to negotiate the rights (this is really the only feasible one).

Captain Toad: Because he "cant jump" (nah... even as an argument, this is too easy to workaround as a reason he should be in, that being his gimmick). But other reasons... because Mario doesnt have anything new which toad could represent? Er no that doesnt make sense either... Um.... Because Toad is in as ... okay the Spirit Track stage means this isnt ....

Okay. I really just provided myself with an assuredness that Captain Toad doesnt have a good reason to not make it in. Hell, he was used to promote Smash last time, if I recall, with a Japanese add even going as far as to show him with the game and having him say that he wasnt playable.

YAY! I think we have a winner.
I like this game. I'm really good at figuring out possibilities and other than "just not thinking of the character and moveset," or, "being cut from development due to time" (which is irrelevant with DLC now anyway), I honestly think Id catch most catchable failures. I'm gonna do a few more.

Meowth/Team Rocket: Because they are too old. Because Pokemon Co wanted someone else promoted (this! This is the only reason). Or because sakurai just chose another... really its just too difficult with Pokemon. It is single handedly the most unpredictable series represented. It has too many possibilities for where it could go, dependent in large part about what is different from other characters in the game, and secondly by the company who only wants promotional characters.

Dixie Kong: Again.. im sure she is in, now that we know Echoes can have other moves (and the DK move is perfect minus properties). I guess I could argue that her floating makes her too different as an echo from Diddy. But the other Echoes made that seem untrue (and there are different standards for characters you could play as versus ones you could not).

Okay. Im starting to lose the game. But really I think that

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Sora.

As much as I would want to see him in smash, in my opinion there's not really much demand going for him like Ridley or King K. Rool had.

There was a japanese poll about the most wanted fighters with Sora being at #5, but I don't know how legit or indicative of how every Japanese smasher feels.

Essora

Smash Cadet
My most wanted was Simon so, uh. I can give you guys my second most wanted which is Hector from Fire Emblem 7. The game doesn't seem to get much love and people are growing resentful of the amount of Fire Emblem representation. Though it would be cool to have my favorite axe user.

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
Sans: the Undertale fandom is hyper toxic and he's got as many haters as supporters. Plus, Indie/Third Party.

Ravio: One off character from a handheld Zelda game that surprisingly few people played and wasn't that well received in the game he features in.

Travis Touchdown: I...er...um...he's an ***hole in his game? I mean, if they let Bayonetta in Smash, nothing is really stopping Travis. Oh, and I guess lack of fan support.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Kris: When you come down to it, there's just nothing special or redeeming about him that would make him stand out from the rest of the FE representatives. He uses an ordinary sword, and he has blue hair, so that's not exactly going to appeal to the masses easily. He could be promoted into the Hero class which gives him access to Axes, which would bring something new to the table, but all of the FE reps in Smash are their base class. Not only that, but he doesn't really make any appearances outside of FE12, which wasn't even released outside of Japan. What's more is that M!Kris is a Mercenary and F!Kris is a Myrmidon, so they wouldn't play the same, so unlike Robin and Corrin, having both genders as alt costumes wouldn't work. Maybe she could be an smaller, lighter, and quicker Echo Fighter of him. But he'd have to get in first.

Maxwell: In all honesty, he's more well-suited as an Assist Trophy than as a fighter. His whole game revolves around him helping people and solving problems with his magic notebook, so having him spawn random items as an Assist Trophy would make more sense than for him to be a fighter. Not a very strong point, but it's all I could think of.

PaRappa the Rapper: He's a Sony character and has already been in one of their fighting games, so I honestly doubt that Sony would give up the rights to him to Nintendo so that he could appear in Smash. And from what I heard, the VA for him is a **** and a thief.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Paper Mario might not be in because he may not have been highly requested.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Now that K.Rool is in, I guess my next most wanted character would be Buzzwole. I just don't think he's popular enough of a Pokemon.

Top Bottom