• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some of your general Kirby 3.0 tips for a new Kirby Main?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Ive been playing a lot of Kirby and I'm really starting to dig his fighting style.

a few things i've been doing:

-d-air > d-smash

-d-throw > jab reset > d-throw > smash/tilt

-up-side B through opponent > smash them from behind

Those have been a few of my bread and butter finisher techniques. I also throw in tilt > b-air combos and use n-air / b-air to gimp people off stage.

Any of you have any more lil combos, general techniques, or approaches that could help out all of the Kirby mains here?

SubLemonal

Smash Rookie
So did they buff Kirby's nair?
I know in brawl it was HORRID. Short range, minimal damage...

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Besides the nice dash attack which can put you safely behind them, you can also approach with 1st and 2nd hit of Fair, Lcancel to grab.
You can use the dash attack to grab the edge if zoned correctly.
Kirby's tilts are awesome, Ftilt has long range and can knock people pretty far off edge. Dtilt has longer range than Ftilt and puts you under some peoples attacks and grabs. Utilt can combo at low % and put them in the air above you.
If you find someone hanging on the edge to long you can rush up to them and use grounded hammer as a suprise.
and of course as said above NEUTRAL AIR. It is a pretty safe attack.

Top Bottom