• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some fun themed matches for Smash 4?

CounterRest_

Smash Rookie
Examples:
Big Bertha: Heavy Characters, only bombs, team match
Clone Wars: Only play as clones

Basically just come up with events like this, and give 'em silly names.

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
While not "themed" there are a lot of cool match formats you can do with custom stages and special smash rules. One that I like is going to stages with a lot of walled off areas/ corridors (sort of like a dungeon) as an 8-player Stamina match. There's a custom stage called Calamity Castle that's a good example. You can do 4 on 4 teams, or uneven teams and counterbalance with the amount of HP each character has. 300-30 is interesting when it's a 1-on-7. Obviously team attack needs to be off for this to be any kind of fun, otherwise people drop left and right and the 300HP player wins every time.

Call it "Clan Wars", if you want. Lol

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Similar to the event "King of the Yoshis", I devised one of my own called Rosalina's Relentless Rainbow. Choose a fighter, and y'all will be taking on a team of seven :rosalina:s (and they're all set to level nine). It all takes place on Mario Galaxy (omega version please). 2-stock, 6 minutes. Nastier than the Bowser Challenge from Melee if I don't say so myself... Oh, and this can also be done with seven :4yoshi:s or :4kirby:s on their respective home stages.

And another neat thing, derived from event 7 from Melee, throw down with only the use of Pokeballs on the Pokemon stages with stamina, not actual %s. Y'all may not attack each other in any way or you're eliminated. Only the assistant Pokemon can harm the players.

MasterZaden

Smash Cadet
One thing I was doing with my buddy is a big team challenge. We selected 8-player Smash, and made the teams two versus six. We played on a team against six CPU's all set to 1, and when we beat them, we turned all six of them up to 2. We turned the CPU level up each time we one until we couldn't beat a team a six level 5 CPU's against us.

As far as themed matches, you could do a team game of "Hero-Villain Cross-Up". Teams would be Mario and Ganondorf versus Link and Bowser, or swap out Dedede and Kirby. Change it up with variations like "Princess Cross-up", Mario and Zelda versus Link and Peach.

Really, look at the Challenge battles in online mode for themes. Find what characters have in common, and build teams accordingly, just like they do. For instance, Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon and Samus could be "Team Pilots." Link Zelda and Ganondorf would be "Team Triforce". Falco, Pit and Charizard form "Team Wings". Then, get some smashes going! R.O.B. and Mega Man versus Robin and Ganondorf could be "Robots versus Wizards"!

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
This is sort of an event match for my boi :4metaknight::

It's called Masked Melee Mayhem
Go against a team of :4falcon:,:4samus:, and :4sheik:, on dreamland. Two stocks, no time limit

Easy: CPU lv 2
Medium: CPU lv 5
Hard: CPU lv 7
Rage-induing: CPU lv 9

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
It's amusing to fight you vrs. 7 level 9 clouds in 8 player smash and see how many you can take down, some top players like zero and I believe esam did this for a while.

Last edited:

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
Fox dittos on palu temple(or any large and fun stage): Stamina(hp) smash with lasers only

300 percent smash with pit's arrows only

This is sort of an event match for my boi :4metaknight::

It's called Masked Melee Mayhem
Go against a team of :4falcon:,:4samus:, and :4sheik:, on dreamland. Two stocks, no time limit

Easy: CPU lv 2
Medium: CPU lv 5
Hard: CPU lv 7
Rage-induing: CPU lv 9
For lvl 9 CPUs, is the metaknight supposed to camp offstage until captain falcon and Seamus dies the. Go at it against sheik?

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
In relation to my previous post on this thread, I've even devised crew battles with the use of Pokéballs (and sometimes Assist Trophies). The Original Eight vs. The Rainbow :rosalina:s; Koopalings vs. The Colorful :4kirby:s or :4yoshi:s; things like that.

Savantharius

Smash Rookie
I got really bored one time and went into a match with the objective of clashing Epic Fantasy vs Sci-Fi. Go 8 player Smash (preferably) and just get two teams with characters representing each concept. Get a captain for each team, grab items accordingly (if you want) and choose a thematic stage.

Supremacy of an era. Just a normal idea for passing time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom