• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some characters everyone else wants that you don't?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
For me It's Sans, He's so overrated, besides, if we even we're getting an Undertale character it's gonna be Frisk, because he can use all of his friends he makes in the game to help with his moveset. Besides, a trophy or something is more likely. (Someone was gonna say it, so I'm going to.)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, there are certainly a couple...
  • Waluigi and [Captain] Toad seem to be competing for the spot of most popular potential Mario rep, but I'd probably slam my head into my desk if either of them got in. They're both just so obnoxious to the point where I'm legitimately surprised people are taking them seriously.
  • Impa also seems to be pretty popular, even though her most unique attribute (being a Sheikah warrior) is already taken by Sheik. The fact that people want this character at all just reeks of roster checklisting to me.
  • The bandwagon seems to be moving in favor of Lycanroc over Decidueye because of muh anime, meanwhile I choose to stick to my guns.
  • Elma seems to be more popular than Rex & Pyra, and while I'm hardly the biggest fan of the latter myself, the idea of Xenoblade X being represented over Xenoblade 2 just makes me feel sick.
  • While everyone else seems to be sold on Isabelle as a new AC rep with a terraforming moveset, I'm of the opinion that A.) AC doesn't need a new character anytime soon, and B.) a terraforming moveset in Smash would be a recipe for disaster.
  • The big one (har har), of course, is Ridley, who while I wouldn't exactly riot at seeing playable, I still belong to the camp that believes he shouldn't be playable and should stay a boss character while the rest of the community has moved on to showering Ridley and his fans with sympathy and support.

Last edited:

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
Ridley. Please keep that thing away from smash. I really don't see the appeal for it at all.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I'm not like most other people in that I'm not a huge stickler in the slightest about who gets added. In fact, I'm one for the argument that once a character is added, they should NEVER be cut. The only real thing I can say is (other than non-video game characters if course) that Fire Emblem is just simply not deserving of how many characters it has. I don't care what anyone says, and anyone is welcome to try and change my mind.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm not like most other people in that I'm not a huge stickler in the slightest about who gets added. In fact, I'm one for the argument that once a character is added, they should NEVER be cut. The only real thing I can say is (other than non-video game characters if course) that Fire Emblem is just simply not deserving of how many characters it has. I don't care what anyone says, and anyone is welcome to try and change my mind.
Not a big Stickler either, but some really confuse me why people want them in, and I'd rather have better characters in instead of them.
Also, i don't want any more character cuts either xD

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Not a big Stickler either, but some really confuse me why people want them in, and I'd rather have better characters in instead of them.
Also, i don't want any more character cuts either xD
That's perfectly fair. I think it's just perplexing that FE can keep on receiving more characters when Zelda, Metroid, DK, and Kirby are all in desperate need of newcomers and have far more diverse characters that, you know, are actually unique non-human swordwielders...

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That's perfectly fair. I think it's just perplexing that FE can keep on receiving more characters when Zelda, Metroid, DK, and Kirby are all in desperate need of newcomers and have far more diverse characters that, you know, are actually unique non-human swordwielders...
Ageed, Like Midna and Skull Kid would make such unique fighters compared to the rest of the Cast, who has basic attacks, maybe except Zelda.

Marx is another one. He's a cool character, but his Moveset as a Boss and from KSA would be way too OP For KSA. This is a moveset someone made.
It's probably just me, but this needs major tweaking.
(Dash Attack Final Smash, Standard Special, Forward Smash, Down Ariel, Up Ariel)
Am i the only one who thinks this? What do you all think.

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
I'll also go with Marx.

I never got why he was popular in the first place. Additionally, he's not at all relevant in the Kirby-Franchise, having been the final boss in a single game, and a subgame at that.My pick for a Kirby character would be Bandana Dee first and foremost, with Dark Matter behind him, followed by Magolor.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Waluigi and [Captain] Toad seem to be competing for the spot of most popular potential Mario rep, but I'd probably slam my head into my desk if either of them got in. They're both just so obnoxious to the point where I'm legitimately surprised people are taking them seriously.
I'm not anti-Toad but can see why someone would be. Waluigi is by far the worst choice, though.

Impa also seems to be pretty popular, even though her most unique attribute (being a Sheikah warrior) is already taken by Sheik. The fact that people want this character at all just reeks of roster checklisting to me.
Personally, I want Impa as a way to keep Sheik's moveset with the irrelevant character.

Elma seems to be more popular than Rex & Pyra, and while I'm hardly the biggest fan of the latter myself, the idea of Xenoblade X being represented over Xenoblade 2 just makes me feel sick.
Can we compromise and pick literally anyone else from Xenoblade 2? Rex is just so generic in both fighting style and personality.

While everyone else seems to be sold on Isabelle as a new AC rep with a terraforming moveset, I'm of the opinion that A.) AC doesn't need a new character anytime soon, and B.) a terraforming moveset in Smash would be a recipe for disaster.
A terraforming moveset would have to be handled very carefully and should only be given to a character who truly warrants it *cough*Doshin*cough*. Also, I agree. The Villager's moveset reps the games more than the character, making a second AC rep a weird choice.

The big one (har har), of course, is Ridley, who while I wouldn't exactly riot at seeing playable, I still belong to the camp that believes he shouldn't be playable and should stay a boss character while the rest of the community has moved on to showering Ridley and his fans with sympathy and support.
No character should be in Smash who couldn't believably be an amiibo. It is series cannon that the fighters are all figurines and Ridley would be WAAAAY to fragile if scaled down. His actual size is irrelevant compared to his gangliness.

Would you and Mewtader Mewtader be happy with him as a stage, perhaps. Similar to Lylat Cruise but on an angry Ridley flying down the lava tubes?

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Can we compromise and pick literally anyone else from Xenoblade 2? Rex is just so generic in both fighting style and personality.
I would honestly love to see any other Driver from 2 get in over Rex (especially Zeke, I friggin' love that guy), but alas, if anyone from the game gets in, it'll probably be Rex and/or Pyra just because of sheer main-protag privilege. They're the most recognizable characters in the game, so it would make the most sense marketing-wise to add them to represent the game, which is a real shame as Smash seems to be becoming more and more of a marketing tool than a standalone title these days.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I'm not anti-Toad but can see why someone would be. Waluigi is by far the worst choice, though.

Personally, I want Impa as a way to keep Sheik's moveset with the irrelevant character.

A terraforming moveset would have to be handled very carefully and should only be given to a character who truly warrants it *cough*Doshin*cough*. Also, I agree. The Villager's moveset reps the games more than the character, making a second AC rep a weird choice.

No character should be in Smash who couldn't believably be an amiibo. It is series cannon that the fighters are all figurines and Ridley would be WAAAAY to fragile if scaled down. His actual size is irrelevant compared to his gangliness.

Would you and Mewtader Mewtader be happy with him as a stage, perhaps. Similar to Lylat Cruise but on an angry Ridley flying down the lava tubes?
So, since you don't think characters should get in if they can't have a feasible amiibo... what about Rayman? I think he's by far one of the most likely third parties at this point, but him in amiibo form would be incredibly awkward with all the clear plastic for limbs...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
So, since you don't think characters should get in if they can't have a feasible amiibo... what about Rayman? I think he's by far one of the most likely third parties at this point, but him in amiibo form would be incredibly awkward with all the clear plastic for limbs...
I am genuinely unsure on him. On the one hand, he wouldn't look fragile but, on the other, it would take a lot of work and clever positioning to make an actually good figure of him. His in game trophy seems to suggest that they don't care about doing him right in that regard, either.

Tentative "no" I guess.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
unpopular opinion here!

I really really don't want all those third party characters everyone keep asking for.
No Crash, no Spyro, no Steve, no Sans, no Simon Belmont (even if he is very likely to appear). Heck I even don't want Snake or PacMan or Ryu and ESPECIALLY Cloud to return.

Yeah if you haven't noticed I kinda don't like the idea of third parties in smash :rolleyes:
The problem is that I want Smash to stay a Nintendo all-star game, now people want it to be a videogames all-star game because TPC keep increasing...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Anything related to Fire Emblem or Xenoblade 2.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
unpopular opinion here!

I really really don't want all those third party characters everyone keep asking for.
No Crash, no Spyro, no Steve, no Sans, no Simon Belmont (even if he is very likely to appear). Heck I even don't want Snake or PacMan or Ryu and ESPECIALLY Cloud to return.

Yeah if you haven't noticed I kinda don't like the idea of third parties in smash :rolleyes:
The problem is that I want Smash to stay a Nintendo all-star game, now people want it to be a videogames all-star game because TPC keep increasing...
Out of curiosity why no PacMan? He's nearly as big of an icon a star Mario himself so I feel like he's completely deserving of being in personally.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Isabelle- I know the “can’t fight” thing is invalid, but why her though? How do people do think she has a place in the roster when she clearly fits as an assist trophy? There are way better choices to choose from in my opinion, I’m baffled people even think a second AC character is happening.

Elma/Rex/Pyra- I know I’m not a Xenoblade fan so it might be bias but I frankly don’t desire other any characters and I’m fine with just Shulk.

Geno- Not everybody played SMRPG, I really don’t see why people are so damn obsessed with this one-shot character compared to other RPG Mario characters, it doesn’t help that Square owns him now.

Shovel Knight- I have the game but imo, it’s pretty meh and I don’t want any indie characters.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Isabelle- I know the “can’t fight” thing is invalid, but why her though? How do people do think she has a place in the roster when she clearly fits as an assist trophy? There are way better choices to choose from in my opinion, I’m baffled people even think a second AC character is happening.

Shovel Knight- I have the game but imo, it’s pretty meh and I don’t want any indie characters.
Yeah I don't think we need any indie rep right now too.
About AC, maybe in the next smash we can get a second Animal Crossing character, but please let it be Tom Nook and NOT Isabelle. He is far more deserving and he was one the first characters I wanted for a smash game (before the then-called "Animal Crosser" took his spot).

Out of curiosity why no PacMan? He's nearly as big of an icon a star Mario himself so I feel like he's completely deserving of being in personally.
Nothing against the character or his legacy, or any of the ones I mentioned before. I just don't like the concept of third parties in smash because I don't like how this could lead the game to be this videogame all-star thing instead of a celebration of Nintendo history.
Bayonetta (being almost a Nintendo second-party now) and Sonic (being some kind of exception that confirms the rule) are fine to me, but the others should be dlc (like Megaman or Pacman) or cut and never to be seen again (like Cloud or Ryu).

Top Bottom