• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some bad matchups for Marth? 3.6

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Marth has very few bad matchups. The only one that Marth should be afraid of, honestly, is Dedede. Even then, Marth can absolutely bibbity-boop a bad Dedede.

Bionis

Smash Rookie
NNID
munchcin123
Marth has this sort of property where he can really have no very bad matchups. He can almost always win by simply spacing better. If you have a fox as well, I'd suggest it for characters like Puff and Peach, as well matchups you may just hate. When I play Marth I hate Sonic, so I would switch for that MU. It's a matter of preference.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I don't think Marth and Fox cover each other very well in this game. That said I would switch to Fox vs:
Metaknight
Squirtle
ZSS
DK

Maybes:
Ike on large stages
Link
Puff
Falcon

It's not that these are bad MUs for Marth per se, but I think Fox has much better consistency, especially with punishes, while being equal or better in neutral.

Last edited:

Maza_1217

Smash Rookie
If Fox's Uair kills off the top from a fullhop under 100%, pick Fox. That's how I do it anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom