• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Kirby's best out of shield options?

D

Deleted member

I'm curious. Often, I find myself shielding an attack and not knowing what move to punish with. When I say out of shield, I mean to use after an opponent uses a move and it is shielded, opening up room for a punish. Any help on this topic would be great!

FKA Kobra

Smash Cadet
NNID
super-kobe-10
I'd say that Bair is Kirby's best aerial move Oos as it's his fastest aerial. Also all his tilts are pretty fast so use those as well. Depending on how fast your opponents move is that you shield, you may be able to do more or less but these are the fastest choices:

Bair, tilts, grab/dash grab

EMPEROR Eevee

Smash Cadet
It's really situation dependent. And by that I mean, where is your opponent approaching you from or if they are in-front of/behind you. Up-Tilt and B-Air are Kirby's 2 best options when it comes to stopping an opponent when they are hitting your shield as while your back is turned to them. Both come out pretty fast and have decent priority. I tend to use Up-Tilt alot against Sheik and Mario because of this.

D-Tilt/Jab/Grab, all 3 are a great of the opponent is in-front of you. As you know, Jab has a great chance of tripping and this works out in our favor well because of our grab follow-ups. While Jab can be SDI'd out of, it's still good for building up percent. And grab, well that goes without saying, Lol.

Top Bottom