• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Are Good Upload and Download Speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonsubon

Smash Rookie
I’ve had a lot of trouble with my internet and it’s really bad so I’m looking into getting better WiFi. I want to play in WiFi tourneys and play in crews and crew battles. So that’s why I’m asking what are good upload and download speeds? My current download speed is usually 10 mbps and lower and my current upload speed is 800 kbps and lower.

Note: I already have a lan adapter and I don’t think it’s doing me much.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I usually get around 30-40 down and around 8-10 up on a good day with a LAN adapter and most games are fine. I use cable internet. The ones that aren’t are almost always on the other guy’s end. My friend only gets something fairly low for today's standards, like 7.5 down on his internet and our games are near flawless when it comes to lag. He also has a LAN adapter, and on cable. Luckily he's only about an hour drive from me, so I'm sure this helps.

A lot of factors come into play, like who else is using your internet/what they may be doing on your internet, quality of your networking equipment, distance between you and your opponents, quality of your opponent’s connection, etc. Good internet helps, but it isn't an end-all solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom