• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are good and safe Emulators to download (GBA, GENESIS, NES, SNES)

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
After trying to download the SEGA Master Drive & Genesis Classics on Steam and seeing how terribly laggy it was I'm trying to find a good emulator to download. My computer isn't that powerful so I want to focus on sprite based games and I'm not sure what's responsive, safe or easy to use since I'm sort of new at this.

Also since I do have consoles, do you have any suggestions for a cheap and easy to use capture card? I tried the Elgato 60HD but it's compatible with my computer.

D

Deleted member

Try Retroarch. Retroarch is Open Source, safe, all in one, high compatibility Emulator. It supports windows, Linux, android among others. It uses whats called 'cores' which are addons or modules for emulators. However, there is a bit of a learning curve but its worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Try Retroarch. Retroarch is Open Source, safe, all in one, high compatibility Emulator. It supports windows, Linux, android among others. It uses whats called 'cores' which are addons or modules for emulators. However, there is a bit of a learning curve but its worth it!
Alright, I was able to download it but when I try to load a rom it says "failed to load content" I think it might be because it's a .7z file.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I was able to download it but when I try to load a rom it says "failed to load content" I think it might be because it's a .7z file.
If you are on Windows try installing WinRar and extracting the file.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Visual Boy Advance. Used it for years to play my GBA/GBDS vidya. Pokemon hacks, Japanese only games, Super Robot Taisen---it just werked. Got my ROMs from coolrom before Nintendo shut it down.

Top Bottom