• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are dome bad Yoshi habits you shouldn't be oing?

PineTree2.0

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Yoshi for a while now, and have only been able to face CPUs. I feel semi confident in facing a human player, but I'm afraid that I've fallen into bad habits. What are some things that you just shouldn't do with yoshi at all. I know staying in your shield is bad, and never solely rely super armor. What else is there?

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
When I do a lot of tech practice without playing for a while I'm really reckless with my DJ. Your jump can get stolen a bunch since all of yoshi's movement rely's on DJ

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Raw Smashes are the worst for me. Don't rely too heavily on smash attacks for KOs unless you space it properly.

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
The absolute worst part of playing on your own is that you get into the habit of looking at your own character too much and end up going into auto-pilot mode, where you don't actively think as you play and instead do mindless combos on a level 3 CPU that you probably won't implement into your game. You should definitely try to find real opponents who can beat the bad habits out of you until you stop them completely, esp. before expecting results at tourneys. You also can't practice the neutral game or spacing against a CPU, so often that is an area that is extremely lacking when you first play real people. For that, you should study how other high level Yoshis play, look at how they space, and pick out the different kinds of playstyles they may have that you can take from and add to your repertoire.

ôSleepô

Smash Rookie
Last edited:
Top Bottom