• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Belmont difficult match-ups?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Maybe I'm just bad with the character, but basically anyone with a good reflector. Falco can be super frustrating if they get reflector happy.

Also, literally anyone who can easily edgeguard. Pikachu, Pichu, Peach, Inkling, Snake. The list could probably go on and on.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Pikachu and Pichu are unbearable, Wolf is nasty, fox is nasty, Palutena is bad, Lucina's bad, surprisingly sheik is also bad. But outside of that I don't know if there's any other bad ones, maybe villager or mega man but I think the belmonty moles have stuff there.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I find that most fast, rushdown characters (Fox, Sheik, Inkling, the rats, etc) give Belmont a lot of trouble since their speed allows them to pretty much invalidate your gameplan, which is to keep them at a distance.

GrieverSSBU

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1500 9618 1710
Definitely Yoshi, Inkling, and Joker from my personal experience.

GrieverSSBU

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1500 9618 1710
Came back to add Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff to the list. Jigglypuff is like an honorable mention more than anything because only the really big brain ones seem to make me struggle. But Pikachu and Pichu are fast enough that you can have a hard time walling them out and setting up certain kill scenarios can be more difficult because they are lighter and seem to fall out of combos fairly consistently. That last bit is lack of adaptation on my part definitely. But still frustrating.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I don't think it's necessarily bad since Ridley has a hard time getting in and is just a big target in general, but Ridley is pretty terrible if he gets you offstage.

Pikachu and Pichu, as usual with most characters, are god awful for Belmont. They're not getting off of you once they get in, and they're going to if they're even a bit competent.

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much all Rushdown characters (Yoshi, Pikachu/Pichu, Fox) The trick is to not spam projectiles when they are too close, especially axes. Use ftilt and dtilt to zone out. Angled Fair and Bair also do wonders against rushdowns with lower priority and range.

KingCosta

Smash Rookie
Personally its whatever your weak against and your opponent is able to take advantage of, personally its Palu, Joker, and Sheik, and a few others to name. I've played Simon ever since i unlocked him and researched him but yet, he does have his downsides, he's not a bad character, you just need to train A LOT.

Top Bottom