• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what about young link survival recovery bomb trick?

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Hello , i am discovering toon and i really like it. But there is this bomb trick that melee player do with young link that i fail to perform here and i wish to know if anyone did or if it is not possible at all in pm with toon link.

exploding with your bomb while being launched out of stage

i tried to survive like this in pm3.6 with toon link but the bomb seems to take TOO much time before its explode.
Anyone can tell me what i get wrong about this? or if it is all because of toon link bomb timer.
thank you

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
You'd be better off learning agt and bomb jumping.

What you described as the 'ultimate tool' is a pretty terrible way to recover.
thank you for the advice, please what is "agt" and what is "bomb jumping"?

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
^this vid is wrong, adult link can still do the melee bomb jump

toon link bombs are as slow to blow as young link's (aprox 5 seconds). If you get launched without a double jump but are holding a bomb, up-Bing is a good move as the bomb will blow in your face and give you another chance to up-B. If you're lucky, also, holding a bomb might save your life at high percents as some attacks will blow up the bomb you're holding and overwrite whatever knockback you shouldve taken.

Top Bottom