• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What 4th Party Characters Would You Like To See in Smash?

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
In an alternate timeline where 4th Party Characters were allowed to join the fray, which characters would you like to see included?
In case you don't know, 4th party characters are characters who didn't originate from video games.

I'll start off with my most wanted 4th party character. That being Jotaro Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure!
View attachment 287163
Personally, I like Joesph more (I mean who doesn't) but Jotaro without a doubt is the most iconic Joestar. He definitely has a lot of moveset potential! Jotaro's neutral special could activate Star Platinum which would be his main gimmick. His alternate costumes could reference characters from Part 3, and his attire from Parts 4 and 6! His stage could be Cairo, where the final fight took place in part 3. Lastly, I think it would be more fitting to only have characters from part 3 be included as spirits kinda like Joker, where the spirit board only included characters from Persona 5.
I can't wait to see your responses!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Deku. I mean I've watched the show and he's probably my most wanted 4th party. He would fit right in alongside the other characters and has a moveset handed to Sakurai on a silver platter, not to mention his final smash would be awesome, they could literally just copy and paste it from the Overhaul arc final fight and it would still look cool. His stage would have to be U.A. of course. For B moves you have Full Cowling 20% moves, his main gimmick. He has a meter that fills up over time, and when its full he can use one of the attacks. It takes about half the charge time of Arsene. These moves are some of the strongest in the game and are fairly quick. Also, these, normals, and aerials would do a bit of damage to Deku himself, depending on strength of said move. Smash attacks would be him getting assistance from his fellow classmates-because what's My Hero Academia without the large list of diverse and engaging characters? Upwards blast from Bakugo (usmash), a high-speed sweep kick from Iida (dsmash), and a sharp slab of ice from Shoto (forward smash). They would have an occasional voice line when summoned:
Iida-"Do your best, Midoriya!
Bakugo-"You need help from me? Heh!"
Shoto-"Don't let me down, Midoriya."
Spirit board would be using the The Day for music since it's so iconic and is what the show's all about. Spirits would include some of Midoriya's classmates, some pro heroes, and a few villains.
Taunts would have him pose alongside All Might in his muscular form. At the end of each, All Might would go back to his true form and Deku would look concerned.
The trailer writes itself: All Might would give Deku another chance to prove himself as All Might's successor with a Smash envelope (this is all in the show's signature art style). Cut to a CGI trailer of Deku fighting several anime-style characters (Joker, Fire Emblos, Shulk, Hero, etc) and we get some gameplay. After that short clip, Deku falls into a corner, with his foes looming over him, and he starts to quiver in fear.
"No reason to be afraid-because WE ARE HERE!"
All Might, Shoto, Bakugo, and Iida drop in front of Deku from seemingly out of nowhere. More gameplay showing off his taunts and smashes, and lastly his Final Smash. It can be the Overhaul final fight or possibly something new altogether.
Costumes would be pretty simple since he changes clothes throughout the show, here are the ones I'd imagine he'd wear (couldn't find images for all of them):
Middle school uniform
1601434395023.png

High school uniform
1601434442475.png

Beta Hero costume
1601473039856.png

Hero costume Gamma (default)
1601473182607.png

Hero costume Gamma, hooded

UA gym uniform

All Might hoodie
1601474472577.png

Deku casual outfit
1601474739674.png

But yeah, that's how I'd imagine my impossible character would work.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Gonna go for several options, mostly rather classic characters who've had a lot. Of course, operating under this hypothetical, as I wouldn't really want to open the floodgates and all that.

Popeye for actually having a Nintendo-made arcade game/other licensing deals, and inspiring Mario. Plus his cartoony brawler style would be pretty fun.

Mickey Mouse, for being the biggest other media mascot next to big video game mascots like Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and having a decent history with Nintendo and gaming in general. Either him or Scrooge McDuck, since DuckTales was an NES classic.

Darth Vader, because Star Wars has had the biggest and longest history in video games for an outside media franchise, even dating back to the Atari days, no doubt influencing how many "space" games there were at the time, and even later on creating many original stories and characters in games set within the universe. That said, Darth Vader is probably the biggest icon of Star Wars as a whole.

The Ninja Turtles. Alongside Castlevania and Contra, the early TMNT games actually felt like another big retro series for Konami. While they obviously couldn't continue indefinitely like that, due to licensing, but these games still stick out as memorable NES/SNES titles. The TMNT have enjoyed many new incarnations and renewed popularity since then, and have even had a Smash game of their own developed by members of the Brawl team on Wii, and a DLC appearance in Injustice 2, which could potentially influence how all 4 could potentially be in one slot.

Spider-Man and/or Batman. Marvel and DC have had a ton of games, even spanning back to Atari days and onward, again, and these two characters are probably the ones that ended up the most overall successful throughout the entirety of that time. Spider-Man's biggest highlights may be numerous city-dwelling titles from the N64/PS1 onward to the modern day PS4 title, as well as his sure appearances in anything that represents Marvel as a whole, including the Ultimate Alliance and Marvel VS CAPCOM series. Batman has the big Arkham series, a surprisingly good NES game when you consider a lot of the other movie tie-ins of the time, and is a major player in the Injustice series of fighting games. They've had many other titles, as well, but these alone show that they've had big name impactful games on the level of many of the ones already included in Smash.

Godzilla is probably the most subjective choice on this list, considering that his NES games were kind of rubbish, but at least the Japan-only SNES fighter was decent, and the GameCube/GBA era of Godzilla games onward were all pretty neat. Plus he's a Japanese icon, so that's gotta help.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Spongebob, he's had one of the better lineups of licensed games, he's iconic, and there is plenty to pull from for a moveset

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Goku. I really want Sakurai to shatter the video game rule with the popular character that he said will never be added.

Oh, and just to verify, can someone on this thread ask for a character who debuts in a game but is part of a fourth party franchise like Galen Marek from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, or appears in a crossover game owned by a fourth-party company like Lord Vortech, or is this strictly limited to characters who didn't first appear in a game?

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Goku. I really want Sakurai to shatter the video game rule with the popular character that he said will never be added.

Oh, and just to verify, can someone on this thread ask for a character who debuts in a game but is part of a fourth party franchise like Galen Marek from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, or appears in a crossover game owned by a fourth-party company like Lord Vortech, or is this strictly limited to characters who didn't first appear in a game?
How about i make 2 (basic) Movesets for Goku

1st. Son-Goku (Adult/Z)
name: Go Gi
why this Outfit because (Go Kanji/Belt) is probably his best Outfit beside (Orignal Kame Gi)
A Attacks= pulled from various DB Games
Smashes= He uses Power Pole for them (Adult Goku uses/Carries the Power pole in the 23 Tournament/Dbz Movie 1)
Jumps: 3+Float
B:Kame Hame Ha/Super Kamehame Ha
Down B: Transformation Charge he has only 1 (works similar to Arsene/Black Wing)
Side B: Meteor Attack/Kaioken
Up B: Small Dragonfist/ DragonFist
Final Smash: Genkidama he used against Buu Goku is Transformed after
Costumes:
name: Torn Gi
name:Whis Gi
all Alts:
1st: Go Gi (Orange) 1st Form: Base 2nd Form: SSJ
2nd: Go Gi (DB Anime Colors) 1st Form: Base 2nd Form:Kaioken x 20
3rd: GO Gi (Vegeta Colors) 1st: Form Base 2nd FOrm: Super Saiyan God evolved
4th: Go Gi: (Picolo/Gohan Colors) 1st Form: Base 2nd Form: SuperSaiyan 2
5th: Torn Gi (orange/Ble) 1st Form: Super Saiyan 2nd Form: Super Saiyan 3
6th: Torn Gi (Tenshin han Colors) 1st Fom:SSJ 2nd Form: MUI
7th: Whis GI (Orange) 1st form: SSJ God 2nd Form: SSJ God SSj
8th: Whis Gi (Trunks Colors) 1st Form: SSJ God 2nd Form: MUI

2nd: Son Goku (teen 22nd Tournament Arc/Piccolo Arc)
name: Kame Gi
he would use the Z Coloring for his 1st Outfit
A Atacks: Same as Z
Smash: Same as Z
B: Kamehame Ha
Up B: Flying Nimbus
Down B: After Image
Side B: Rock Paper Scisors/ Jonken
Final Smash: Penetrate (First Dragon Fist)
Jumps: High but Normal

Costumes:
Name: 1st Gi
Name: Gt Gi (keeps Rounder Eyes and slightly Younger Face)

Alts:
1st: Kame Gi (Orange)
2nd: Kame Gi (original Anime Colors)
3rd: Kame Gi (Yamcha dessert)
4th: Kame Gi (First DB NES Game)
5th: 1st Gi (Blue)
6th: 1st Gi (Kuririn Colored)
7th: Gt Gi (Gt)
8th: Gt Gi (Bulma lighter Skin/Purple [because Manga] hair)

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
If 4th party characters were allowed I would go with Kamen Rider 000, Godzilla, and Superman!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Hatsune miku Since we don’t have video game music rep
I think she pretty much falls under R.O.B. Situation both didn’t originate as video games yet it can be regarded as a running video game franchise at this point I think hatsune miku does have a status of her own thing but majority see her as a video game character and I don’t think seeing her with the video games icon would be out of place regarding her status
I think Astro boy and Micky mouse would be great addition too

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Lincoln Loud from the Loud House show, don't ask why I want him over Spongebob for a Nickelodeon rep but it would be funny to see him beat up freaking Galeem and Dharkon who are two powerful gods of light and darkness.

Also Godzilla himself would be pretty cool to see.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Judai Yuki I think would be pretty cool, even if it's more likely Yugi would get in first (maybe echo, that would be cool with me). I like the idea of summoning Hero type monsters, placing trap (cards), maybe do some arm bashes with whatever the thing on his hand is idk what they're called.

James Bond has one of the most influential games for the shooter genre, plus I just think he'd be cool.

Jotaro Kujo. JoJo music is pretty poggers, and I like the idea of possibly stopping time for a final smash.

Lastly, Spongebob and Goku. I don't think I have to explain

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Homer Simpson. You could quite easily make a moveset out of golden age Simpsons references. I've already got the perfect Up B:
His grab and pummel would be him strangling the opponent's throat choking them like he does to Bart.
(Bit less funny with child characters like Lucas and Ness, Kirby, the Inklings.)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
James Bond. I’ve never been a fan of the series or the games, but honestly given the importance of GoldenEye 007 and the fact that he was considered for Melee, I think he would fit in. GoldenEye is probably not gonna get rereleased any time soon, so I think Smash would be a great way to please the fans of the series. Plus the matchup between him and Snake would be legendary

Other than him, Spongebob and Goku would be a good pick thanks to fan demand, and someone like Spider-Man or Harry Potter would be good because they’re iconic and fairly important when it comes to videogames.

If we get any fourth party, I would like them to be someone actually important to gaming as a whole, and for their Smash Bros equivalent to take a lot of inspiration from their games.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Actually Frodo and Sam would make a lot of sense to considering thatr tolkien sorta invented modern Fantasy!
Just what could be their moveset tho maybe summoning members of the fellowship like legolas shooting an arrow

But hopefully minions will never be in smash although they sadly sorta are because of the rabbids

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Actually Frodo and Sam would make a lot of sense to considering thatr tolkien sorta invented modern Fantasy!
Just what could be their moveset tho maybe summoning members of the fellowship like legolas shooting an arrow

But hopefully minions will never be in smash although they sadly sorta are because of the rabbids
The Minions are the Raving Rabbids of kids movies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Godzilla. The longest running movie series in cinematic history if i'm not mistaken. Tons of moveset potential. Legacy and the like. His height would have to be shrunken a LOT. But I still think its possible. Let the king rule! Thats only if there were 4th parties though, I'm pretty far in the "Video Games Only" Camp.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Lincoln Loud from the Loud House show, don't ask why I want him over Spongebob for a Nickelodeon rep but it would be funny to see him beat up freaking Galeem and Dharkon who are two powerful gods of light and darkness.

You're not the only one who does. I do too.

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Only one. Geralt of Rivia. And that's because his reputation as a video game character thoroughly overshadows his original appearance in novels. Most people know the Witcher for its video games, and for good reason. It is also fair to say that CDPR's Geralt is his own distinct entity, as the author does not acknowledge the events of the games as canon.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I think that characters that fit the former are eligible to appear in Smash, the latter IDK.

p1cklee0424

Smash Cadet
i want two characters in the most: perry the platypus (dont hurt me) and zim from, well, invader zim. perry could be a cool trap character (like PM snake) or combo-heavy character (like squirtle) and zim could be a really cool zoner with crazy combos, plus maybe throw in gir for some ice climber-type shenanigans

UserKev

Smash Champion
I would absolutely love Finn The Human and Steven Universe. Katakuri would be amazing.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I would absolutely love Finn The Human and Steven Universe. Katakuri would be amazing.
Fun ive just finished The main Adventure time Series (not Minecraft Special or distant lands) and i would love finn but he really needs his Pal/Brother Jake as a buddy! Ive also finished Steven u but honestly SU is a much worse show (still decent i guess) Steven may have more Abilitys Than Finn but ill just like Finn more Ive also have Alt ideas so ill put them here
First 5 Alts Finn and Jake (normal Arm)
Alt 1: Normal
Alt 2: Dark green colors (you know who) and jake is colored like Slime Princess
Alt 3: Finn is Bubblegum colored and jake is Purple or grey because Marceline
Alt 4: Finn is Light blue and Icekingish and Jake is Black like Gunther
Alt 5: Finn is FlameP colored and Jake is Brown (like the two Bun chars)
Costume 1:
With Blue Jake
Costume 2:
Fin the Human? Derpy Fin i dunno and dog jake (although still Jake shaped Damn i didnt found a picture
Costume 3: Yeah i know its weird but this can only Solved by puzzeling stuff together 2 final ep chars are too big and small and Fionna is to "lumpy" get it so ill just Frankenstein 2 semi unrelated Chars Together and they would say things like Who are you or something:
Costume 3:
Choko and cake
Yeah weird but theyrare the only other Versions of them with the same Shape!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Although it would be nice to watch two all powerful gods get beaten up by a normal kid with no special powers, sometimes I wonder what kind of moveset Lincoln would have, as The Loud House is a slice of life episodic show that is typically grounded in reality.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Lord Boros from OPM but there's no way he's happening before Saitama. Watching him shoot that laser beam of his at Sephiroth would be a sight to behold.

Either Darth Vader or Palpatine would be great too, we don't really have any ''lightsaber'' user yet.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If SpongeBob somehow defied the odds and claimed his "sweet victory", I feel he could have Bowser's tough guy mechanic, but be a lightweight overall - this would be more a weakness than a strength as with enough damage SpongeBob would go from an unmovable object to a lightweight weenie hut jr. quicker than a barefoot jackrabbit on a hot greasy griddle, but that fits his character and the show's "anything goes as long as it's funny" logic to a T.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Scrooge McDuck would fit way better in Smash than Sora ever will and I will stand by this.
Scrooge also fits better than any of the sensational six becuase he's already known for adventures and hjinks so he isn't as hard to image fighting keyblade-less, he was the direct inspiration for Indiana Jones' boulder scene for cryin' out loud!

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Scrooge McDuck has a Gaming Legacy as well as the fact that he would keep the scale small enough to not bring in other series to the crossover (unlike Kingdom Hearts).

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm biased towards Disney cartoons so I'm gonna have to say Scrooge McDuck, Darkwing Duck, Dipper & Mabel, and Luz & Amity.

Of course, I'd also love to see other iconic characters that have already been mentioned on this thread like SpongeBob, James Bond, Godzilla, Goku, Homer, etc.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Although it would be nice to watch two all powerful gods get beaten up by a normal kid with no special powers, sometimes I wonder what kind of moveset Lincoln would have, as The Loud House is a slice of life episodic show that is typically grounded in reality.
He could spawn his Sisters!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mickey Mouse (Epic Mickey variant). Mickey Mouse also has a big following in gaming and the cartoony nature of the character fits well with Smash. Plus Mickey vs. Mario would be just epic.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Honestly I gotta jump on the Goku bandwagon. He fits the cartoony theme of Smash and would be pretty legendary and massively fun in terms of gameplay. I'd add also throw in Korra, Legend of Korra. She'd have sick Smash attacks, grabs and specials.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Tohru the Dragon Maid, imagine: House Cleaning attacks + Dragon-based attacks + summoning her friends = A rad character
Other characters i can bring on the table are: Strong Bad, Nora Valkyrie, any of the 3 protagonists from Eddsworld, and anyone from both Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss.
Outside of web animation: Little Nemo, Turok, Mordecai and Rigby, AoStH!Dr. Robotnik, Donald Duck, and Scott Pilgrim

Last edited:

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I know it's been said before, but Goku is my pick.

But here's a twist, Vegeta is included as an echo fighter for Goku.

Goku's gameplay would revolve around a Ki gauge which is a common element in Dragon Ball games. He can manually charge up his Ki gauge or it automatically refills over time. His Ki gauge governs his usage of his special moves like the Kamehameha, instant Transmission, a counter where he uses IT to counter an attack, etc.

The twist is that he can also use the Ki gauge to become a Super Saiyan. In this state, his power is boosted, he gains mobility, his jump height improves, and all his special moves are enhanced. But his Ki gauge is locked. He can't regain Ki in this state and once the Ki gauge runs out, he reverts back to his normal state.

After he reverts back to his normal form, the Ki gauge remains locked for a few more seconds before it can be refilled again.

Goku's Final Smash would be the Universe 7 Spirit Bomb where we cut to a scene of the fighters from Team Universe 7 giving Goku their energy to form a Spirit Bomb that Goku drops onto the battlefield.

Naturally, Vegeta gets the Final Flash as his Final Smash.

As for the stage that Dragon Ball gets, I think the Tournament of Power arena is the best choice.

That's my idea for my most wanted 4th party character. I know it will never happen, but I would love to see Goku get in. Honestly, I think it might happen someday. Sora kinda blurred the line and raised the bar on who can get into Smash.

Top Bottom