• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s your Top 10 Mega Man/X songs that are missing?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Don’t know how active the Mega Man fan base is here but I need a place to talk about this haha. For those who have heard all the remixes/ported songs that made it into Smash Ultimate will probabaly agree that overall, some really good choices were made. The composers did an amazing job. But if you’re a big fan of the Mega Man/Mega Man X music like Iam. I bet most of you can name atleast 10 other songs they could have remixed/ported. Sooo give me your top 10 remix/ported/medley ideas! GO!

1. Storm Eagle-Mega Man X (REMIX THIS!!)
2. Galaxy Man-Mega Man 9 (REMIX THIS)
3. Bubble Crab-Mega Man X2 (REMIX THIS)
4. Nitro Man-Mega Man 10 (PORT)
5. Intro Stage-Mega Man 7 (REMIX NOW!)
6. Shade Man- Mega Man 7 (REMIX THIS)
7. Spark Mandrill-Mega Man X (REMIX THIS)

8. Mega Man 9 Medley (PORT) Featuring
Concrete Man, Splash Women, Wily Machine, and Game Over theme as a quick outro.

9. Mega Man X Medley (REMIX OR PORT)
Featuring
Armored Armadillo, Boss Theme, Sigma Stage 1)

10. Mega Man 11 Medley (REMIX with actual instrumentation) Featuring
Mega Man 11 Theme, Block Man, Fuse Man

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Mega Man 7's final boss music would be cool.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I would adore a remix or even just a port of Shade Man's theme for Smash. By far my favorite Mega Man theme.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Boomer Kuwanger, Sigma Fortress 1 (Mega Man X), Magma Dragoon, Tidal Makkoeen, Commander Yammark.

Departure, Cannonball and Fake from the Mega Man Zero series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Classic and MMX only? Okay. I can think of a few I'd really like to see. I like most of the Mega Man tracks so I could easily think of more than 10, but these were the first to come to mind.

1. Storm Eagle from Mega Man X
2. Flame Stag from Mega Man X2
3. Opening Stage from Mega Man 7
4. Title Theme from Mega Man 3
5. Pharaoh Man from Mega Man 4
6. Spark Mandrill from Mega Man X
7. Intro Stage from Mega Man X2
8. A Hero's Return from Mega Man 7
9. Solar Man from Mega Man 10
10. Dr.Doppler Stage from Mega Man X3

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
There are only three songs from Mega Man X in the first place and none of them are Maverick stage themes, so I mean, you're basically asking for any good songs from Mega Man X...

Whereas quite a few classic Mega Man Robot Masters have songs in the game - excluding 8bit medleys, there are 22 out of the 38 Robot Masters from MM1-5, concentrated on the first three games (altho tbf MM2 and 3 have the strongest soundtracks of the NES games). MM6 only has Flame Man as part of the MM4-6 Retro medley. Plus there is the MM2 title/Wily medley and MM5's Dark Man stage, and MM9 has two Wily stage themes. No Mega Man & Bass or Game Boy Mega Man themes.

I'd say the missing MM2 theme (Bubble Man) is actually one of the stronger stage themes, so it's sad that it's left out - if you think MM2 shouldn't have every Robot Master included, then I'd rather leave out Crash Man or (given the way the remix turned out) Metal Man.

MM3's Robot Master selection covers the best themes (not that Magnet/Needle/Gemini are bad), but the title theme and Wily Stage 3 are two of the best songs from that game.

MM4 Cossack Fortress 2 could've made a good remix (Cossack Fortress 1 is good too, but a little short to be a track on its own, could be included in a medley). Bright Man and Pharaoh Man might've been good inclusions as well, but they're not top inclusions.

MM5 has decent coverage - Charge Man would've been good too I suppose, but it's not horrible that it's missing.

MM6 deserves more than one song in an 8bit medley. Flame Man is the right choice if you're only going to put one in though. Plant Man and Knight Man have good themes too.

MM7 - Shade Man and intro stage, of course. Wily Stage 1 is pretty good too.

MM8 - I don't care about this soundtrack at all and would exhaust most of the themes from the other games before including any from it.

MM9 and 10 - I know there are some really strong themes in these games like Tornado Man, but I'd have to listen to them over again to decide which ones are best. In the meantime, enjoy this Sheep Man remix.

Mega Man & Bass - This is a bit better than MM8, but still nothing notable.

Game Boy Mega Man/MM10 - Wily's Revenge Wily Stage 1/Heart of Enker is a good track

So... top missing songs... I'm only considering classic Mega Man 1-8, and my ordering partly considers coverage not just which songs are best.

1. Flame Man
2. Shade Man
3. MM3 Wily Stage 3
4. MM7 Intro Stage
5. Cossack Stage 2 (but include Stage 1 too maybe?)
6. MM3 Title Theme
7. Boss battle medley - they are generally a bit too short to make full tracks, but there are some good ones, could possibly include a Wily boss theme too
8. GB Wily's Revenge Wily Stage 1/Heart of Enker
9. Bubble Man
10. MM7 Wily Stage 1

I'm sure you could also do something with other game intros/endings/stage select/etc. to make a quality medley out of 3 or 4 of them, mixing across games.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I'm going to exclude Megaman 1-3 and 5 since they already have great representation in terms of music. I'm also going to focus just on base Megaman since I feel like MMX is an entirely different topic and would deserve its own top 10, especially if X or Zero became DLC characters.

Bright Man Stage (MM4) Remix
Dr.Cossack Stage 2 (MM4) Remix or port
Flame Man Stage(MM6) Remix
Knight Man Stage(MM6) Remix
Plant Man Stage(MM6) Remix
Slash Man Stage(MM7) Remix
Wily Stage 1(MM7) Port or remix
Bass Theme(MM7/8) Port or remix
Wily Island(MM8) Remix
Frost Man Stage(MM8) Remix

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
1# - Mega Man 9/Mega Man 10 Medley: Tornado Man Stage, Splash Woman Stage, MM9 Stage Select, Strange World, MM10 Main Menu, Strike Man Stage, MM10 Wily Castle Boss, and Wily Machine 10.

2# - Wily Machine/Wily Capsule (Mega Man 7) (the victory theme that plays when Wily is defeated is also mixed in.)

3# - Theme of Bass - Friend or Foe? (Mega Man 7)

4# - Oil Man Stage (Mega Man Powered Up) (Elec Man's stage theme is also mixed in.)

5# - Time Man Stage (Mega Man Powered Up) (the victory theme that plays when a Robot Master is defeated in MM1 plays near the end.)

6# - X vs. Zero (Mega Man X5)

7# - Vs. Double/Vs. Iris (Mega Man X4)

8# - X-Hunter Stage (a medley for Mega Man X2): X-Hunter Stage 1, Opening Stage, Dr. Light Capsule, Maverick Boss Battle, X-Hunter Stage 2, and X-Hunter Boss Battle.

9# - Chill Penguin Stage (Mega Man X) (the stage start jingle is included at the beginning.)

10# - Gate's Laboratory/Hi-MAX (Mega Man X6)

Honorable Mentions: Sky Lagoon (Mega Man X4), Boss Battle Theme (Mega Man X7).

Last edited:
Top Bottom