• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s the silliest Smash argument you’ve heard? - Read OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

acting childish, presenting your opinions as "facts", and throwing around words like fallacy and strawman seemingly without knowing what they actually mean.
Or you could just say "presenting an unpopular opinion that is not sucking off million-dollar companies" because everything you said is inaccurate. Most of this stuff turns back to yourself anyways.
Does Boxing have undead people, magic powers, and superheroes? No, so then obviously Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and just about any popular fighting game isn't a real fighting game.
You missed my point. Enjoy being ignored, hoe

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Or you could just say "presenting an unpopular opinion that is not sucking off million-dollar companies".

You missed my point. Enjoy being ignored.
Presenting an unpopular opinion in the most childish way you could.

And what point? "Smash isn't Boxing, so it's not a fighting game." You wanna talk fallacy then there's your fallacy.

D

Deleted member

This thread was supposed to compile silly Smash arguments but now it feels like it's a Self-Demonstrating Article on TV Tropes.

Also, the funniest part about all of this is that OP is a dead account, I don't know why this is funny but it is.

Anyways, my favorite silly Smash argument has gotta be "any axe user would just be an Ike clone"

Oddball

Smash Lord
Those two things have no relevance to each other. But it doesn't matter, because you probably came here to bait me. Please ignore me and do us both a favor. Echoes are copy+pastes "uLtImAtE" fighters don't need, and that's a fact.
Your opinions are not facts.

And most of the "facts" that you have posted aren't right anyway.

If you want to be ignored in a topic, don't post in it. Right now you've said some really stupid things. You can man up and admit you were wrong, or you can slink away and hope people forget about it. Posting things and saying "just ignore them" doesn't work.

D

Deleted member

You can man up and admit you were wrong
Conforming to your own opinion is "manning up"
This is not as serious as you're making it. Literally look up the word "Echo" in a dictionary. The only difference between Peach and Daisy are their voices and special effects. Why do we need an entirely different fighter for that? RePrEsUnTaShUnN?
Most of the "facts" that you have posted aren't right anyway. You've said some really stupid thing
I said you came here to bait and you went ahead and proved my point, case closed.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Here's one that's being thrown around lately:

"X is from too recent of a game, therefore they can't be in Smash."

I don't know if this has been pointed out on this thread earlier, but that's a fan rule that games need to be a certain age before getting characters in Smash. There is no definite age people use, they just say "well the game is too young anyway" as a strawman. Being from a new game didn't stop :ultroy::ultcorrin::ultincineroar::ultjoker: from getting in.
New game, no. New series, yes. An IP being too new is definitely a mark against being in Smash.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
This thread was supposed to compile silly Smash arguments but now it feels like it's a Self-Demonstrating Article on TV Tropes.

Also, the funniest part about all of this is that OP is a dead account, I don't know why this is funny but it is.

Anyways, my favorite silly Smash argument has gotta be "any axe user would just be an Ike clone"
I don't understand that, what does Ike have to do with axe users?

D

Deleted member

User warned for this post: flaming
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that you were 12 until just now. I'll leave you alone now. I try not to pick on little kids online.
I should've assumed you were mental by your profile picture. Glad you can finally let it go.

This one is a classic, probably the silliest of all arguments, but I saw someone post it recently: "Smash is not a real fighting game". It really is the king of silly arguments.
Oh man, that's a classic. I seriously can't imagine the amount of pure ignorance it takes to say that Smash isn't a fighting game.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Then MK Armageddon is a racing game and a strategy game. Name any other game like Smash as well-known as Tekken or afore mentioned.
1) I'm not exactly a MK expert, but i'm pretty sure the racing and strategy modes in Armaggeddon are minigames. The main focus is fighting, so... it's a fighting game.
2) Games like Smash, huh... well there's Jump Super Star, Jump Ultimate Star, One Piece Gigant Battle 1 & 2, Slap City, Brawlhalla, Rivals of Aether, two Digimon games for the PS1(?) I don't remember the name, that one Konami game that features Solid Snake, Bomberman and Optimus Prime, etc. Of course, none of these are as well-known or popular as Tekken or Street Fighter, but I fail to see how that means that they are not fighting games.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Smash is an intentional fighting game with other heavy party elements. It lean mores towards a sub genre of fighting games. To say it completely isn't is pure interesting discussion, really.

D

Deleted member

Jump Super Star
That's a Mario Song.
Jump Ultimate Star, One Piece Gigant Battle 1 & 2, Slap City, Brawlhalla, Rivals of Aether, two Digimon games for the PS1(?) I don't remember the name, that one Konami game that features Solid Snake, Bomberman and Optimus Prime, etc. Of course, none of these are as well-known or popular as Tekken or Street Fighter.
End of story. They deserve their own category. I have a name suggestion: "pogo sparring games"!
....It kinda isn't, though?
Smash Bros is for babies. You can jump all over the place and make the fight drag on, there is a ton of random garbage that only ruins fights, and stuff like guns and stabbing don't do jack crap because parents would get pissed.(Yes it's a joke)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash is an intentional fighting game with other heavy party elements. It lean mores towards a sub genre of fighting games. To say it completely isn't is pure interesting discussion, really.
Besides that, Platforming Fighting Games is another way to look at the genre. That's the specific style of play. Party elements like tons of RNG, non-simple stages(with hazards in general), and Items help make it stick out. It even had costumes tied to a C-Button at first(which felt silly considering some characters had multiple costumes, and I don't mean when you use two "Red" costumed Marios in Team Mode either), much like how the attacks were tied to a far more specific button, compared to the High/(sometimes)Medium/Low attacks.

Besides that, the Item-related stuff gave it a sense of being a Brawling game, like Double Dragon. I think there was a previous platforming fighter with items too, but I forget its name. I don't think it outright inspired it, though? I'm not sure if the usage of Stocks was based around another game or not. I know some Kirby stuff help inspired the series, including the cartoon fighting style(which is still present in Melee and Brawl, which had more realistic character designs than the other games for the playable cast).

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
This one is a classic, probably the silliest of all arguments, but I saw someone post it recently: "Smash is not a real fighting game". It really is the king of silly arguments.
To add on to this...
"Smash isn't a fighting game because how a small number of people reacted negatively to Terry."
I swear other FGC communities need to stop acting like their respective fanbases are perfect little angels.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Fortnite. Undertale. Sonic as a franchise.
What does that have to do with what I just said? I never discredited any of the three franchises you listed because of their fanbases. And people really shouldn't do so either.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Ok.
So another small thing I saw going around is that Smash fans don't know fighting game inputs/can't play Ryu and Ken because of their inputs. I don't know where this started, and considering Ryu was a somewhat regular pick in tourney's for 4, I don't know why it's coming out now.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Those are games people resent because of their fans.
Um, no? This is circular reasoning, or guilty by association, or a million other terms that mean the same thing. I don't think anyone (other than you, of course) resents those games specifically because of their fans. Sure, I think Fortnite is an absolute abomination of a shooter, but not because of the fans. I hate Fortnite because as a game I think it just sucks--but that's just me.

And to lump an entire fanbase into one group and say things like that is pretty thoughtless. Most of the people who play the games you listed earlier are all good people. There might be a few Fortnie, Undertale, or Sonic fans who you don't like, but that isn't a reason to stereotype the fanabse nor is it a reason to dislike the game in any way.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Um, no? This is circular reasoning, or guilty by association, or a million other terms that mean the same thing. I don't think anyone (other than you, of course) resents those games specifically because of their fans. Sure, I think Fortnite is an absolute abomination of a shooter, but not because of the fans. I hate Fortnite because as a game I think it just sucks--but that's just me.

And to lump an entire fanbase into one group and say things like that is pretty thoughtless. Most of the people who play the games you listed earlier are all good people. There might be a few Fortnie, Undertale, or Sonic fans who you don't like, but that isn't a reason to stereotype the fanabse nor is it a reason to dislike the game in any way.
The funny thing is that with his recent attitude in this thread, he is literally embodying the worst aspects of the fanbase. So if he is going to resent a game for their fans, the cause is right in the mirror.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Not like it matters now with his account being axed.
Holy, that's really funny considering I just reported his comment at the top of this page because I noticed his stupid little edit haha.

At least he gave us one of the silliest gaming arguments before his demise: "If the game isn't well-known, it's not a fighting game."
I don't even understand what he was trying to get at with that. It's as if he was saying unpopular games aren't real or something.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know I am a bit late here but let’s move on. This line of discussion is not what this thread is for. Continued discussion on this particular user or taking the chance to fire shots at this user will result in warnings.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I know I am a bit late here but let’s move on. This line of discussion is not what this thread is for. Continued discussion on this particular user or taking the chance to fire shots at this user will result in warnings.
My thoughts exactly. Anyways silly argument. Spirits deconfirm, they can't regain psyichal forms.
Where-To-Find-A-Transport-Pokemon-In-Super-Smash-Brothers-Ultimate.jpg
ssbu-lapras.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom