• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s the silliest Smash argument you’ve heard? - Read OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Guess the generic argument really is the most ridiculous one now.

Never mind that we had Yoshi, R.O.B., Game and Watch, Every single Pokemon bar Mewtwo and Inklings already disproving it we now have a literal Piranha Plant.

Suddenly Captain Toad not being able to jump doesn't seem like such an issue when we have a plant that is potted somehow not only leaping about but also 'walking' somehow.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
"I think the Grinch leak is fake."

There, I said it and I'll stand by it.
You're cordially invited to laugh at me should this turn out to be a flop.
But I'm confident!
We have it on record now that the leak was deconfirmed. I knew it wasn't a ridiculous argument, but now it's proven.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
"Incineroar wouldn't be a good choice for smash ultimate because there's too many starters"

(Idk that this is the worst one, just one ridiculous one I've seen)

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
"Incineroar wouldn't be a good choice for smash ultimate because there's too many starters"

(Idk that this is the worst one, just one ridiculous one I've seen)
It's not that there's too many starters. It's that they're literally doing everything I don't want them to be doing with starters. There's no consistancy whatsoever, and it's driving me nuts.

Last edited:

Olekidsf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2552-2900-3603
"If a character is an Assist Trophy, there is a 110% chance they will never be added as DLC under any circumstance"

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
:ultpikachu: should be removed from the game. He is a clone of :ultpichu:, and we have too many representatives from the first generation.
Plants have no home in this fighting game, so development on :ultpiranha: should stop. That could have been Waluigi's spot.
Everyone but :ultkirby: died? We should remove every fighter but him to make this game true canon.

Olekidsf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2552-2900-3603
I mean, this never happpened so....
I remember when suggesting :ultvillager: a character that has never been seen fighting, :ultridley: a character that usually appears in a form too big to be playable, :ultpiranha: a generic character, or :ultcloud:a character that doesn't have a particularly strong history with Nintendo (although to be fair his series did) would get you the same response from some people. :p

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultpikachu: should be removed from the game. He is a clone of :ultpichu:, and we have too many representatives from the first generation.
Plants have no home in this fighting game, so development on :ultpiranha: should stop. That could have been Waluigi's spot.
Everyone but :ultkirby: died? We should remove every fighter but him to make this game true canon.
I can't believe first and last ones are real.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I remember when suggesting :ultvillager: a character that has never been seen fighting, :ultridley: a character that usually appears in a form too big to be playable, :ultpiranha: a generic character, or :ultcloud:a character that doesn't have a particularly strong history with Nintendo (although to be fair his series did) would get you the same response from some people. :p
don't forget plants

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Don't forget the extremely provocative woman in a game rated E10+.
:ultbayonetta:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Chttps://twitter.com/danosegoviano/status/1058013115177156609?s=09
I think I've found a winner

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Chttps://twitter.com/danosegoviano/status/1058013115177156609?s=09
I think I've found a winner
Out of all the characters, Isabella is the most disappointing. She is not a fighter and honestly I don't see anyone liking her except pre-teen girls. Baby character overall. Skullkid would have been a FAR better pick. I am alright with the Piranha Plant, especially as a gimick character.

I wish I could trade Dark Samus, Ken, Isabella, and Incineroar for Dixie Kong, Isaac, Skullkid, and Badanna Dee. Far better options over those four.

I also think there are really three third-party that are far ahead of the others at the moment in fan support and how they fit in the game. Banjo, Geno, and Rayman. However, I am not sure if we will get any of them as DLC which is very unfortunate.
This one is even better.

D

Deleted member

I literally do not know anyone that has played Animal Crossing personally. Most people don't even know the series. Yet she took a spot from a more deserving character.
A lot of my partners at high school play it a lot.

And i have a friend that loves the franchise.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Anytime a person uses the argument that _________ took a spot from a more deserving character they're really just crying because their favorite character didn't make it in and a character they don't like did.

Look, not everybody likes the same characters. There are some character that you'll hate that I would love and some characters that you would love that I'd hate. That doesn't mean my picks are more deserving than yours or that yours are more deserving than mine.

Unless you're picking Geno. He doesn't deserve a 5th of the fandom he's got.
Or if you're trying to say Shadow deserves a spot more than Tails. Then you're just lying.

D

Deleted member

Anytime a person uses the argument that _________ took a spot from a more deserving character they're really just crying because their favorite character didn't make it in and a character they don't like did.

Look, not everybody likes the same characters. There are some character that you'll hate that I would love and some characters that you would love that I'd hate. That doesn't mean my picks are more deserving than yours or that yours are more deserving than mine.

Or if you're trying to say Shadow deserves a spot more than Tails. Then you're just lying.
There’s a spot for everyone.
That’s why DLC is a thing.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Someone’s said to me that Smash isn’t a fighting game because it doesn’t have the combos and mechincs readily available like other games like Tekken and Soul Caliber. He believes stuff like short hopping, auto-canceling, and b-reverses are “glitches” and not programmed into the game. “It just stuff people find” or something like that.

D

Deleted member

Someone’s said to me that Smash isn’t a fighting game because it doesn’t have the combos and mechincs readily available like other games like Tekken and Soul Caliber. He believes stuff like short hopping, auto-canceling, and b-reverses are “glitches” and not programmed into the game. “It just stuff people find” or something like that.
Yeah, and Earth is flat...

I swear that there’s people for everything.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
I literally do not know anyone that has played Animal Crossing personally. Most people don't even know the series. Yet she took a spot from a more deserving character.
Animal Crossing:
New Leaf
11.94 million pcs.
*Animal Crossing: New Leaf is sold as Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo from November 23, 2016.

But naw. Animal Crossing is for little baby girls.
Banjo and Geno are for real men.

There’s a spot for everyone.
That’s why DLC is a thing.
Why can't the smash fandom have as much sense and maturity as you two?

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Why can't the smash fandom have as much sense and maturity as you two?
Careful, there, you're going to provoke rants on entitlement, snowflakes, and "the current generation is awful, things were so much better back in my day!".

D

Deleted member

Careful, there, you're going to provoke rants on entitlement, snowflakes, and "the current generation is awful, things were so much better back in my day!".
I am part of the current generation, doh.

Oddball

Smash Lord
"Grinch leak is too elaborate to be fake."
Yeah. I loved that one. "Way too much effort went into this for it to be fake"

Dude? What effort? The picture was so blurry they could have posed action figures and stuck them in the picture and nobdy would be able to tell.

volbound1700

Smash Master
This thread only supports the idea of how much of a failure the final results of Smash Ultimate was for everyone. This game was supposed to be "Ultimate" yet we got controversial new characters and a Single Player mode that no one wants.

I think in the end it will be a decent game but definitely not the Smash to end all Smash as it was left wanting... The Multiplayer/Vs. Modes are great additions and that part of the game has a lot of strength.

Still the fact that everyone is at each others throat shows that this game did not end on a good note.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
This thread only supports the idea of how much of a failure the final results of Smash Ultimate was for everyone. This game was supposed to be "Ultimate" yet we got controversial new characters and a Single Player mode that no one wants.

I think in the end it will be a decent game but definitely not the Smash to end all Smash as it was left wanting... The Multiplayer/Vs. Modes are great additions and that part of the game has a lot of strength.

Still the fact that everyone is at each others throat shows that this game did not end on a good note.
The fact that everyone is at each other's throats isn't showing that Smash Ultimate is gonna be a disappointment; it's showing that the Smash fanbase tends to consist of whiny spoiled brats who set their expectations up to the moon, have no idea how to count their blessings, and have a fit whenever as much as one of their oh-so-precious characters isn't in.

Now that that's all said and done, let's move on to the next post.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Flash news: Smash fans are impossible to satisfy and last reveals always will be disappointing for a lot of people. Not every character can be huge hardcore satisfiers and a lot of people liked World of Light.

There is no such thing as Ultimate Smash because no realistic development team can put every single thing fans want.

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
"Geno deserves to be in Smash."

Hoo boy. Geno was a SIDE character in one game! He isn't iconic, nor was he important, and there's not much for a moveset!
Not only that, only old Nintendo fans want Geno, and that won't help bring in any new customers. Geno is a relic of the past. Deal with it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Flash news: Smash fans are impossible to satisfy and last reveals always will be disappointing for a lot of people. Not every character can be huge hardcore satisfiers and a lot of people liked World of Light.

There is no such thing as Ultimate Smash because no realistic development team can put every single thing fans want.
Look at my title on for Smashboards. I have been on here for Brawl and Wii U. I wasn't dissatisfied with either. This is the only one that has really made me sour. Brawl, IMO, did the best job on marketing, character roster, final game, etc. It had so much!!! Too bad the professional crowd whined so much about the gameplay.

Rocketjay8 Rocketjay8 I have been too hard on Isabella and I am sorry. I am sure she is fun to play and I am happy she made it for you. Frustrating to see some of the other characters not get a pep. Also the Single Player mode is making me less thrilled about the game.

Regarding the third-party argument, I would agree that there was challenges in the Brawl era but I think third-parties see it as a boon to have their characters in Smash now. The owners of Bethesda, Microsoft, and Ubisoft have all came out saying they would like characters from their franchises in Smash. I disagree that Banjo is being held up by the third-party as Microsoft's owner has come out and said he wouldn't mind having Banjo in Smash. I think that excuse was valid in Brawl era but not anymore. Sonic and Snake sold the idea to the rest of the video game community and adding icons like Megaman, Pacman, Cloud, and Ryu only blew it up further.

I feel like Sakurai really needs to consider at least Rayman after only giving him trophies in Smash 4. Also I don't understand how you can get a costume of Geno but not Geno himself from an IP perspective. (Frankly I do think Geno will be one of the five DLC).

However, if I was in charge of Smash and I wanted to sell games and generate hype, I would have gone after Masterchief from Halo. None of the third-party options would generate the buzz that Masterchief would generate and it would target an audience who likely doesn't even play Smash currently.

RedstoneGirl

Smash Rookie
95% of what I see over on Gamefaqs. Including but not limited to "Goomba with a Hat", Geno being more deserving than other characters, and people still complaining about FE.

It was a good argument before Ultimate. Everything from 4 was either relevant or a designated retro.
I think that Galacta Knight could be an echo fighter for Meta Knight

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
GameXPlain finally admitted that their generic enemy argument against bandana Dee was crap.

If anyone has a good argument as to why he doesn't belong, that belongs on this thread.

Last edited:

RedstoneGirl

Smash Rookie
I definitely want Geno to be in Smash, but I think he will be too OP.

Here are my thoughts on who should be in Smash:

:201u::201n::201o::201w::201n:, :133:, Dr. Could and the other Arms fighters, Dark Bowser as an echo fighter of Bowser and maybe Bowletta too.
I'm thinking that Peachette could be another echo fighter of Peach.

And those are my thoughts:ultyoshi:!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Hoo boy. Geno was a SIDE character in one game! He isn't iconic, nor was he important, and there's not much for a moveset!
Not only that, only old Nintendo fans want Geno, and that won't help bring in any new customers. Geno is a relic of the past. Deal with it.
Gotta agree with you there. Although Geno has great moveset potential, I wouldn't prioritize him. I like to have this "50 fighters" rule, where I can think of at least 50 fighters I would rather have than them. This applies fo not only Geno, but Waluigi and Lyn as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom